• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summary of world cup

Thoughts on the World Cup 2010

• Total voters
I personally vote fail simply down to FIFA not allowing aids awareness groups to advertise at the venues for fear of ******* off the vatican and their fairy tale brigade. Can't really comment on anything else though as I didn't watch any games.

I don't know if you guys heard about this story, but it's typical FIFA. A group of Dutch girls wanted to visit the match Denmark - Netherlands. They were dressed in Orange dresses which were a free gift if you bought a certain amount of beer. The brewer, Bavaria, printed a small logo on the back, their new logo which they've had for only a couple of months.

The girls were arrested and accused of delibirate product placement. The reason was because the girls alledgly got free tickets from the brewer. The dresses were theirs.

2 girls were only released after 2 days and FIFA banned them from any further World Cup event telling them to travel back home to prevent further prosecution. How sick is that? And all because it's because Budweiser is an official sponsor of the FIFA World Cup.

- How many people outside of Holland have heard of Bavaria Beer?
- How foolish by FIFA to make such a world wide fuss about this. They are actually busy with product placement naming the brand so many times
- How ridiculous to arrest the girls and only release them 2 days later for something like this?

Ohw, and Bavaria has been banned from any FIFA-related event worldwide until 2018, which ironically is the year Holland wants to host the World Cup. Does that mean Holland gets to host the World Cup? And what if people want to drink Bavaria? What if a bar has a Bavaria flag hanging outside because it's their main supplier? What if that bar is right across the street of a stadium where World Cup matches are played? What will happen then?

Bavaria is sold in most supermarkets in the UK. At work in Aber its an average seller on the shelf.

I don't know if you guys heard about this story, but it's typical FIFA. A group of Dutch girls wanted to visit the match Denmark - Netherlands. They were dressed in Orange dresses which were a free gift if you bought a certain amount of beer. The brewer, Bavaria, printed a small logo on the back, their new logo which they've had for only a couple of months.

The girls were arrested and accused of delibirate product placement. The reason was because the girls alledgly got free tickets from the brewer. The dresses were theirs.

2 girls were only released after 2 days and FIFA banned them from any further World Cup event telling them to travel back home to prevent further prosecution. How sick is that? And all because it's because Budweiser is an official sponsor of the FIFA World Cup.

- How many people outside of Holland have heard of Bavaria Beer?
- How foolish by FIFA to make such a world wide fuss about this. They are actually busy with product placement naming the brand so many times
- How ridiculous to arrest the girls and only release them 2 days later for something like this?

Ohw, and Bavaria has been banned from any FIFA-related event worldwide until 2018, which ironically is the year Holland wants to host the World Cup. Does that mean Holland gets to host the World Cup? And what if people want to drink Bavaria? What if a bar has a Bavaria flag hanging outside because it's their main supplier? What if that bar is right across the street of a stadium where World Cup matches are played? What will happen then?

its sold in ireland too ...never tried it but I often see cans littered all over the town haha

I said fail generally because I hate the sport and it's greatly over-rated in comparison to rugby. I mean, look at the Rugby World Cup. Every four years it comes and every four years, it's great and the fans care and are passionate. The Football World Cup. Yeah, it's greatly publicisied and there's so many "fans" but how many of them actually care? Plus it was **** from what I saw. 1-0 wins? About as exciting as a dead shark.

Jeez, you sound like an American. They always give the same reason why Football is crap. There's only 1-0 wins bla bla bla.

There's much more to football than scoring a goal or two.

Jeez, you sound like an American. They always give the same reason why Football is crap. There's only 1-0 wins bla bla bla.

There's much more to football than scoring a goal or two.

Haha. I gotta be honest, it IS pretty rich coming from a Portuguese man considering how my national team tend to do in football but I was too vague. Be honest..did ANY of the matches excite you THAT much, Ezequiel? I mean really? I saw more than a 1-0 win and I still didn't see anything that got me as excited as a rugby match.

I saw Australia get trounced by Germany, and that was "exciting" enough for me.

Haha. I gotta be honest, it IS pretty rich coming from a Portuguese man considering how my national team tend to do in football but I was too vague. Be honest..did ANY of the matches excite you THAT much, Ezequiel? I mean really? I saw more than a 1-0 win and I still didn't see anything that got me as excited as a rugby match.

Uruguay - Mexico
Germany - Serbia
England - Germany
Holland - Brazil
Spain - Switzerland
Uruguay - Holland
Slovenia - England
South Africa - France
New Zealand - Italy
Ghana - Uruguay
Germany - Australia
Germany - Argentina

To name a few. Germany - Serbia is the perfect example of a good match with only 1 goal. although there was only scored once, the match was good to watch

No wonder you don't like football, Portugal are dreadful to watch.

Latest posts