• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

Good side Tigs, the only change, Id like to see Radwan in the seniors. Hes just lightning quick...but he's also incredibly strong for his build and so aggressive / fearless.
I like Radwan but there are a bunch of more deserving wingers/back three players with much better try-scoring records.

Odogwu, Hassell-Collins, Loader, Sleightholme, Freeman ... and that's without considering Thorley or Cokanasiga.

Radwan is better than Loader imo - Loader is faster but Radwan more well rounded
Better than Freeman too

Think Radwan would be getting the same amount of hype if he hadn't been out with injury - he was in crazy form early season, probably only rivalled by OHC

That said: I wouldn't expect him to be in the seniors - hope he makes the England A side though

Realistically our back 3 players will be May, Thorley, Odogwu and Furbank
Aside from Furbank, I'd be happy enough with that TBH.

Thorley has had a quiet season but I still rate him highly and Odogwu has something a bit different to our other wingers.

Furbank is OK but with Malins, Steward, Parton, de Glanville, Freeman and Loader, there's no compelling reason to pick him.

I'd be happy enough to see Radwan in the A side, but I'm still of the opinion that there are several better options for the full squad.

I'd forgotten about Malins, tbh - which is daft because he's been playing well
He should start at 15 for the summer

I wouldn't be happy with Furbank in the squad (or Coka), tbh
May is on the decline but still has a lot to offer, and Thorley is very good even if a bit off form (think there might be an injury thrown in there too?) so I'd be happy with them there

I imagine we'll see some of the young guns in the England A fixture (could realistically be the whole of the London Irish back 3 - or De Glanville for Parton) and then 11. May, 14. Thorley/Odogwu/Coka 15. Malins in the tests
I do wonder about Odogwu, though - Eddie said he was in the squad as a 13 in the 6N, and he plays there a fair bit for Wasps (as much as wing?) so maybe he'll be in contention for the 13 shirt rather than 14
There's also Josh Hodge, who's been an apprentice for Eddie before (though usually that's the kiss of death)

Would love to see a Lawrence/O'Connor midfield at some point, but I can't see Slade not being the centres (and he deserves to be, to be fair) but I can't see Bristol not making the prem final so won't be around for the A game

Freeman is the Saints fullback/wing, right? I imagine he'll be in the u20s - don't think he'd realistically be in contention for the seniors. Sleightholme is the Saints player really knocking on the door atm

I like Radwan but there are a bunch of more deserving wingers/back three players with much better try-scoring records.

Odogwu, Hassell-Collins, Loader, Sleightholme, Freeman ... and that's without considering Thorley or Cokanasiga.
Ill dig out the figure and post it...but Radwan has something like 35 tries in 43 games for the falcons.. not sure who's got better.

Was wondering why they'd reverted to Eng A from Saxons.

That's just stupid! I'm English but from Norman decent not Anglo Saxons yet it's a name.

The world has truly gone mad with over political correctness.

Was wondering why they'd reverted to Eng A from Saxons.

I think it's quite funny that 'land of the angles' rugby is fine, but reference to the saxons is a step too far.

I just hope they don't sell England Rugby jute bags...

Weird, but equally: who cares if it's changed? Like is anyone really attached to the name England Saxons?

They've not used the name in years anyway, if they'd have never mentioned it no-one would have noticed/asked

I think it's good. The English have made good progress over the last decade with regards to addressing the massive class issues they have at the international game and trying to make it more inclusive (you don't see an England team full of players from fee paying schools like you used to - even though it is still quite high) and they should be doing the same from a racial perspective too. Not just England but all Rugby nations world wide.

Latest posts