• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer tours - England

RE Saxons IMO makes sense, makes it a bit more clearly for people who don't know what the team is also.
Personally I would get rid of teams having jets and cavaliers etc.

Just keep it simple and say A dammit

My stats say
32 in 43 games
BUT in terms of strictly prem he's like 4 in 13
Yep. That's what I'm talking about.

You could argue that a winger playing for Newcastle isn't likely to be as prolific, but it's not like London Irish are that much better than them and that's not stopped Hassell-Collins and Loader from scoring more tries and being more individually influential.

My stats say
32 in 43 games
BUT in terms of strictly prem he's like 4 in 13
Im sure its slightly higher.
Its still a great record for a side with no attacking platform, and he can only score against the sides he plays against...

Im the falcons biggest critic at times...but i just think we have one or two players who would be getting lauded all over if they were playing for bigger clubs.

if they'd have never mentioned it no-one would have noticed/asked
Daily Mail, have to find their war on woke story of the day. All part of the phony culture war that needs to be perpetuated. #politialthread

Tommy Freeman has scored 3 tries in his whole career, if we care about such things

Im sure its slightly higher.
Its still a great record for a side with no attacking platform, and he can only score against the sides he plays against...

Im the falcons biggest critic at times...but i just think we have one or two players who would be getting lauded all over if they were playing for bigger clubs.

Of course Radwan would be getting lauded if he was playing for a bigger club you yourself said Falcons have no attacking platform.

But at the same time Irish are hardly a "big" club yet people are going crazy over their back 3 all because they play all out attack

Of course Radwan would be getting lauded if he was playing for a bigger club you yourself said Falcons have no attacking platform.

But at the same time Irish are hardly a "big" club yet people are going crazy over their back 3 all because they play all out attack
So hes still scored tries in a woeful side despite a massively limited attacking platform. Imagine what he'd do in a side that gives him oppertunities....

Tommy Freeman has scored 3 tries in his whole career, if we care about such things
Freeman is a fullback and has been excellent for Saints in recent weeks.

Scoff if you want, but I think he's an international in the making.

We've an embarrassment of riches coming through at FB - it'd be a fool's game trying to pick one who'll be an England regular in 2027

Maybe he is, but he's also 19 and shouldn't really be in England discussions for a tour happening in a few weeks when there's more deserving players
Fair enough - but it depends on how we use the A game.

This came from me talking about him as a competitor to Radwan for a place in the A squad.

Ah, that's fair enough - I thought you were talking about competition for the senior side

Either way: I don't think he should(/will) be involved
At 15 Parton would be a much better option at this stage of their careers (IMO) and at wing (as you mentioned in your list) there's a ton of competition and only one or two of them will make the seniors (my prediction is Sleightholm and/or Loader)

There's always the chance Steward doesn't make the seniors (depends if they want a 2nd 15, after Malins, as it's only a two game series so they might not bother) so he should definitely start if not

I mean tbf, Irish have PJ, the natural Ireland sexy successor until he did, well he did bad (sorry @The Alpha Bro , Mads is alright too) -

Seriously if you watch him at 10 closely, the way he varies the attacking game is actually brilliant, he looks much improved even from his Ulster days

EDIT - Mads is the new lord and saviour, bow down to his beauty

Last edited:
Ah, that's fair enough - I thought you were talking about competition for the senior side

Either way: I don't think he should(/will) be involved
At 15 Parton would be a much better option at this stage of their careers (IMO) and at wing (as you mentioned in your list) there's a ton of competition and only one or two of them will make the seniors (my prediction is Sleightholm and/or Loader)

There's always the chance Steward doesn't make the seniors (depends if they want a 2nd 15, after Malins, as it's only a two game series so they might not bother) so he should definitely start if not
Agreed. Steward has definitely played well enough to warrant a call-up, but I'd argue that giving Malins a run of games is probably a higher priority.

Does anyone know if the 'A' team is completely separate from the regular side, like the Saxons used to be (separate coaching staff etc.)?
Because if not then it might be really wishful thinking on our part to expect big changes - it might just be a rotated EPS with players coming in to cover gaps left by the Prem Final

I might to be wrong, but I seem to think Conor O'Shea was overseeing the return of the Saxons (or England A).

Latest posts