• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Summer Transfers

A

An Tarbh

Looks like the bandwagon of Summer transfers is set to spring into overdrive with Chelsea confirming the signing of Michael Ballack in a press conference tomorow, not about money my arse Ballack.

Same thing for Shevchenko after calling a press conference to say he'll be leaving Milan and that again it's a family decision and not about money, so that'll be Arsenal and not Chelsea you'll be signing for Andriy, my arse it will.

Also a number of players will be putting in transfer requests and others extending their contracts, certainly will be an interesting Summer espeically in the wake of the world cup, and how many clowns like El Hadji Diouf will become multi million flops?

Great thread.

This morning we've been linked with Yossi Benayoun. He tore us to shreds in the cup final, but I'm not sure he's what we're looking for. We've also been linked with a £12 million move for Darren Bent in recent days.

City are closing in on a Lazio midfielder on a free transfer...can't remember his name, but he has a decent reputation. With the summer clearout we're having, I'd expect to see plenty more signings.

Possibly Malbranque - we were linked with him at several points during the season, and he has since said he wants to leave Fulham.

Also Shaun Wright Phillips to Liverpool is another one doing the rounds... then you also have Jermaine Pennant, Craig Bellamy, and Ludovic Giuly.

Liverpool are also considering a clearout with the likes of Djibril Cisse, Fernando Morientes and Djimi Traore all being earmarked to go...

Fernando Torres is also a name being mentioned, but he's also linked with Arsenal, Newcastle and of course Chelsea.

Would love SWP, Torres, Defoe, but I can't see Chelsea selling SWP to us.

Berbatov to Spurs in a â'¬16 million deal, pending work permit, should only need it for 6 months though.

Just saw on the BBC website that Tomas Rosicky is undergoing a medical at Highbury. That's a good signing for the Gunners imo.

But how much is he going to cost Arsenal, as Dortmund brought him for £18 Million in 2001

Remember he may have signed an extension to his contract, but they may have a buyout clause, too me it seems a good buy, and a certain replacement for maybe robert pires or bergkamp

I do reckon that how highly rated Rosicky is in Europe, Dortmund will be pushing for at least what they bought him for, it could be Arsenals only major signing of the season..

Originally posted by getofmeland@May 22 2006, 09:26 PM
I do reckon that how highly rated Rosicky is in Europe, Dortmund will be pushing for at least what they bought him for, it could be Arsenals only major signing of the season..
I quite agree, but in the likelihood of it all, they will HAVE to accept a smaller fee. They are in a Leeds like situation.

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC+May 22 2006, 09:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-getofmeland
@May 22 2006, 09:26 PM
I quite agree, but in the likelihood of it all, they will HAVE to accept a smaller fee. They are in a Leeds like situation. [/b]
Well they if they pay less that £15 Million I think they have a fantastic Deal

Latest posts