• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Semi Final - Hurricanes v Waratahs

Originally posted by sanzar@May 19 2006, 05:23 PM
and WHY didn't lote RUN the ball if he thought he had the advantage????
Because Kaplan would have called advantage over the minute Tuqiri got over the gain line...... Lote thought they had a penalty right in front and wanted to make sure he got it.

Why the F@#K was Kaplan waving his arm around like he signaling advantage?...

...and why the f@#k would an attacking team collapse there own scrum? ..... they wouldn't.

No wonder the Tahs have only won 1 from 14 games with Kaplan refereeing.

Anyway.... the Tahs played ****

Go Bulls!!

good game plenty of action up and down the field. in the end the canes came out with a tight win.

go the crusaders all kiwi final would be good.

For only 2 tries in the game that was awesome to watch. I thought the Hurricanes actually choked more than the Warraths as they had so many opportunities and so much ball, but did not convert it to much. I feel the Hurricanes are be the only team that would have a good shot at beating the Crusaders in the final due to their unpredictability. Looking forward to the final.

Serge: "I feel the Hurricanes are be the only team that would have a good shot at beating the Crusaders in the final due to their unpredictability. " i`m not argueing that but IMO Sharks could have been the only team with a real chance to beat Crusaders!

Tahs totally lost their way in the last 3 games. Defence was majorly exposed.
Cmon the Canes, I hate those Crusaders.

Originally posted by Dumbo@May 19 2006, 08:33 PM
And there you go... welcome to the ANZAC myth.

Nah... it's not that the ANZAC spirit is dying, only that it coming second to the Aussie tradition of supporting the underdog ;) .

Fair... personally as a Kiwi if it was the Tah's and the Brumbies against the Bok... I know where I would stand

Originally posted by esoj@May 19 2006, 08:54 PM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.

Originally posted by Dumbo@May 19 2006, 10:28 PM
Fair... personally as a Kiwi if it was the Tah's and the Brumbies against the Bok... I know where I would stand
Yeah, listen, I'll be probably be going for the Hurricanes in the final, I just want the Crusaders out! And I bet if both the Tahs and Brumbies had 5 ***les to their names and had been in the finals almost every year, then you wouldn't find seeing them lose to a saffa team.

Originally posted by sanzar+May 19 2006, 11:29 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@May 19 2006, 08:54 PM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it. [/b]
Sh*t loads of Kiwi finals? not the last three (including this one).

Originally posted by Dumbo+May 19 2006, 10:32 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@May 19 2006, 11:29 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-esoj
@May 19 2006, 08:54 PM

Meh, been **** loads of those, and seeing the Crusaders win every year isn't exactly good for the comp... would be nice to see the bulls in it.
Sh*t loads of Kiwi finals? not the last three (including this one). [/b]
Well, it's not like we've ever had an all Aussie or South African final... in fact there has only ever been one final with NO kiwi team in! so forgive us if we want to see someone else get in. That's why the NRL is so great to watch these days... I was ****** that the Roosters went crap last year, but the competition as a whole was just so exciting because of how varied it was and how hard to predict it is! You just don't get that in S14... I mean, fair play to the kiwi team's ability, but it's comparitively pretty boring (results wise) to the NRL.

Seriously Dumbo, can you honestly tell me that if the Tahs and the Brumbies had won 7 of the 10 championships so far and figured in most of the finals that you'd still be going for them ahead of the Bulls who've NEVER won? I mean, I'm not a fan of the saffa's either, but **** it's getting boring.

Sanzar, follow my judgement and correct me if i`m wrong

1. Waratahs were leaders with two matches to go - an away game vs Chiefs and a home game vs Canes

2. They were well aware about how an ending season can go wrong - remember last year

3. Team spirit was as high as ever - from what i`ve seen in previous games

Despite this, they manage to lose vs Chiefs and by this the leaders place! After that there came another defeat, vs Canes and by this they lost a home semis! The team spirit decrease - see the Sailor incident but also the way they stood togheter in this last decisive game!

Therefore, IMO, you beat yourselves ! Don`t blame the ref, the ground, the rain or i don`t know what, blame yourselves, it`s entirely your fault!

P.S: I can be wrong and if it`s so, do correct me !

No, I totally agree. If you read my earlier post you'll see that I more or less said the same thing.

The tahs were in the box seat to win this one, but just couldn't handle the pressure and started to make stupid decisions when it counted. They didn't deserve to win with some of the things they did, it was disgraceful.

Originally posted by Rassie@May 19 2006, 09:14 PM
Serge: "I feel the Hurricanes are be the only team that would have a good shot at beating the Crusaders in the final due to their unpredictability. " i`m not argueing that but IMO Sharks could have been the only team with a real chance to beat Crusaders!
I'm actually inclined to agree with that... The Sharks were despereately unlucky to lose to the Crusaders earlier this year and they could really have caused them some problems.

Yeap, i`ve seen your point!

Nevertheless, i can totally understand the anger, i would have been frustrated if i was a Tahs supporter! It`s the second season in the row when they chocked!

For a Tahs suppoerter is as that: I dominate the season (not only this but the previous also), i`m playing to win and i have the supporters backing me and despite all this i choke!

Anyway, IMO if Tahs would have played on their home ground this semisfinal they would have manage to get it through! But they lost the last week season game! They dominated the second half (in the 14-19 loss to Hurricanes), they had almost entire second half an advantage (15 vs 14 players) and a try would have been more than enough to snatch a home semi! Shite, it was like in the last season, a try, just one more try !

Originally posted by Rassie@May 19 2006, 11:02 PM
Yeap, i`ve seen your point!

Nevertheless, i can totally understand the anger, i would have been frustrated if i was a Tahs supporter! It`s the second season in the row when they chocked!

For a Tahs suppoerter is as that: I dominate the season (not only this but the previous also), i`m playing to win and i have the supporters backing me and despite all this i choke!

Yeah, it's sorta like being an All Blacks fan at world cup time, except we're not quite as crushed when we lose :p .

I'm on the verge of rooting for the Bulls for the simple fact that the Canes will host the final.... Meaning I could go and see it!

Great game really. Ruined for me though. More on that later.

First things first... Mexted had an absolute pearler tonight.
Last week it was
"Heres Blubbubs.... How do you pronounce that name?"
"....Phibbs"

This week there was
"Beautiful stuff by Masoe. Handjob....Another one"

Also, the game wasn't bad. Kaplan had a good game with the whistle you fool. We won...

Anyway, I had to work through this game, so I taped it... At about 9:30, some idiot Ambulance driver came up to me specifically and said "YUSS!! The Canes are through!!"

...Now, I'm a pretty polite person, but it took all of my effort to restrain myself from sending him off in the back of his truck...

Anyway.... Not too bad. I'm almost sober again now as well...

Latest posts