• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 14 Uniforms 2007

Not a fan of the new Tahs Jersey...
[/b]

Neither, my first impression was yuck. Hopefully it will look a bit better in action.

I wonder what the new womens suppporters jersey's look like. I think I will be sticking with my old Super 12 one for a a while to come.

Loving the new Waratahs shirt.
ISC is certainly gaining their share of the market now...
Their an Aussie company, right?

ISC has had a bit of the market for a while now... they do half the Jerseys in the NRL too.

now they just need to find a national side in need of kit...c'mon wallabies...

I think we're good with Canterbruy at the moment, plus we've signed them until 2010. In my case that's lucky because I've just bought this years Wallabies jersey - it wouldn't be good if I had to spend all my money so early after buying this one...

The new Reds jersey looks awesome, don't know about the Waratahs though, that collar looks crap.

I think we're good with Canterbruy at the moment, plus we've signed them until 2010. In my case that's lucky because I've just bought this years Wallabies jersey - it wouldn't be good if I had to spend all my money so early after buying this one...
[/b]
I don't like canterbury's format for the international shirts. Ireland, Australia and SA all look the same. I don't like their side panels...it looks like a bad rip off of nike's england and france shirts.

I love the style of the new Tahs jersey, the colour is just a little too light for my liking.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
I don't like canterbury's format for the international shirts. Ireland, Australia and SA all look the same. I don't like their side panels...it looks like a bad rip off of nike's england and france shirts.
[/b][/quote]

I actually think the Canterbury international (and Tahs) jerseys look the best of them all... They combine modern performance fibres with a more traditional look than the gay 'tour de france' style nike jerseys. It's the best of both worlds.

<div class='quotemain'>
[/b]
[/b][/quote]
Actually South Africa's are different because they don't have the side panel. They're one of the only international teams that doesn't wear tight fit jerseys.

SA are funny, going from the tight fit colarless nike kit to the baggier almost retro style of the canterbury kit. Purposeful step backward?

wow i really like the tahs new kit

love the collar on it and the color is superb

makes phil waugh look good and thats not easy to do!

SA are funny, going from the tight fit colarless nike kit to the baggier almost retro style of the canterbury kit. Purposeful step backward?
[/b]
Not at all... Those nike ones, while very slim, apparently can get rather warm, whereas the caterbury ones are designed to keep the players cool in hotter temperatures while still being relatively slim fitting and retaining the look of a traditional rugby jersey. As you can imagine, being that they're likely to play a few games in what is often hot SA weather (even in winter over there), the caterbury Jersey probably made more sense... ontop of that Saffers loves their rugby tradition, so dressing their players in those nike things, which makes them look like they were taking part in the tour de france, ****** off a lot of their fans.

wow i really like the tahs new kit

love the collar on it and the color is superb

makes phil waugh look good and thats not easy to do!
[/b]

Really? I personally think the one they were using looked way better

021069gallery.jpg

The darker blue and the sleeve cuffs looked great IMO (even if it did look like it was ripping off the old wallabies jersey).

yea i totally agree with you juggernaut. they shld have stuck to the tekapo jersey template

I like the new 'Canes ones. But I don't like the numbers on their jersey's. They look weird. I love the short's though :D

To be honest, I prefered the Brumbies old TRADITIONAL jersey... but this one is certainly growing on me. Looks a lot better with the new CA logo.

Latest posts