• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super 15: Cheetahs - Sharks in Bloemfontein (04-06-2011, 16:05 GMT)

Ludik happy not to go off with a yellow there. Sharks are in a bit of luck, finally ;)

As an impartial viewer, I think the Cheetahs have really been done by Marius Jonker tonight. Some really terrible calls have been made.

Riaan Viljoen has had another good game tonight. Sarel Pretorius has also been brilliant.

Another try! JP Pietersen now after massive passing. Jacobs, just on the field, is the main reason we scored this try

11-23 after the conversion. Unbelievable how the impact players Botes and Jacobs win the game for us

Cheetahs could come back, they are playing brilliantly from 6-10.

Woohoo!!! McLeod gets a yellow card! At least he is off now. Let's bring Michalak on

Second yellow card, Keegan Daniel, and a try by Riaan Viljoen. Let's hope it's over now

It's over! Coming back from 11-6 to 11-23, eventually winning 18-23! We are back in the top6! Now it's time to eat something

Cheetahs can feel very aggrieved I think. Sharks got away with murder at times.

Oh well, good result for SA rugby at least, maybe we can sneak 3 into play offs and we needed the Sharks to win that

Pretorious' duck was genius!

I'm not entirely sure if I am correct here, but whilst you can duck to avoid an opponent I'm pretty sure you can't simply slip to ground, cause then your opposition can't tackle you, if they do they get pinged for diving on a prone player.

You called it right, the Cheetahs definitely tired considerably in the second 40, looked a little flat out on their feet to me as the game drew to a close

Cheetahs can feel very aggrieved I think. Sharks got away with murder at times.

Oh well, good result for SA rugby at least, maybe we can sneak 3 into play offs and we needed the Sharks to win that

That might be true, but the Cheetahs' first try was after a forward pass. It works both ways

Sharks were very lucky in the last few.
Mind you, back into 5th with the Lions and Bulls still to go!

Waratahs will play the Highlanders and Brumbies (8pts at least), while the Bulls still have to play the Stormers and Sharks. I could see the Bulls turning us over, but hopefully not as easily as last time, and within 7 points.

Right now wildcards are:
4. Crusaders (53)
5. Sharks (51)
6. Bulls (49)

Waratahs with 47 are still in range of the playoffs, while the Highlanders would need the Waratahs to lose their last two without any bonus points.

I just hope the Sharks beat the Lions and the Tahs will lose to the Highlanders (Which is not unlikely) so we are in the play offs before the final match. I just know that if we play this way in Pretoria, we will not win it. I was a bit disappointed to see Michalak on the bench for 80 minutes without getting a chance

I just hope the Sharks beat the Lions and the Tahs will lose to the Highlanders (Which is not unlikely) so we are in the play offs before the final match. I just know that if we play this way in Pretoria, we will not win it. I was a bit disappointed to see Michalak on the bench for 80 minutes without getting a chance

Blame McLeod (again!!!) as he was carded for the last ten.
He will start next week though, as Michalak will turn up missing after an evening out with Charl...

I think our defence got much better when McLeod was off. Both yellow cards were completely deserved though

Terblanche was very lucky at the end; I'll take the win but we seriously need to improve.

I'm really curious to see the full Cheetahs team without injuries, if they can keep most of their players they should be on fire next season.

What a good win. Hard fouht and cheetas was lucky with those yelow cards which were stupid. Score could have been better even for the Sharks.

SHAAARKS.

I'm really curious to see the full Cheetahs team without injuries, if they can keep most of their players they should be on fire next season.

It will most certainly be interesting, however imo I don't think they would be able to cope with the mentality shift of perenial (sp.) underdogs to championship contenders

And they will most certainly still stand to suffer at year end when their out of contract players are snapped up by the bigger unions, and with some Griquas players also destined to leave Kimberely, especially Sarel Pretorius and Naas Olivier, their first choice and depth players will also be impacted.

Would be nice if they could retain the core of their team though, always play a nice brand of rugby

True but next season Juan Smith should be back, maybe they find the financial injection to keep their top players.

Latest posts