• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2007 - official thread

yeah we got him projected to play @ 9 or 7

Lincoln Withers and Dunemann to exchange at hooker

If required Todd Carney and Dunemann to exchange at half back

Dunemann will give the Raiders some options on the pivotal roles, where injuries or fatigue could come into play.

I think I want Leeds to win this year..since Webby is there.

But tbh I just support all the Kiwis over there :D

But i'm deadset gunna try and watch as many reaplay's sky tv show..

unfortunately Talau will miss the opener - man I can't wait till Sunday - it's been a long winter without RL

Pfft it sucks that the ESL starts before the NRL :(

I still have to wait another month and 16 odd days!!

You still have to wait the same amount of time between seasons regardless of when it starts and finishes.

Just Huddersfield vs. Saints. Live tomorrow on Sky.

Tis the only match as we need to fit our WCC match against Brisbane so we've started off one week early.

well back to business for Saints 18-10 - they really need to get someone who can kick the conversions however - great atmosphere though at Huddersfield with the home fans baying for blood - some of those obstruction calls by Klein were a bit questionable to say the least - good start to the season however and the Giants really gave Saints a run.

We can do a lot better than that but a win is a win. I thought we were going to run wild after the first twenty minutes when we systematically sliced Shudds apart but we ran out of steam and they started to play better. It would have been easy had we got a regular goalkicker. We need someone to take the step up and take responsibility for goalkicking or this will cost us dearly against better teams.

We were under a lot of pressure at the end but we ground it out fairly comfortably in the end. Pleasing start to the season as we played reasonably well and we're only going to get better.

Wow Saints suffered the full extent of the weather last night, when they Lost to Quins...

I know someone who wont be happy...

Dreadul.

Fair play to the Quins who defended well and dropped the ball less than we did, but we were awful tonight. There was no flair or creativity, it was all hopeful one man rugby and we really looked out of sorts. We weren't great last week either, but tonight was another level. The conditions were atrocious and it was a poor spectacle. A number of our players didn't fancy it and only Pryce and Hardman looked remotely interested, both working their socks off. Everyone else just went through the motions.

Not good enough. The weather was poor, as was the officiating, but that works for both teams. I know we'll bounce back and maybe this will work in our favour by reminding them that we are the team to beat after last season and that no game is easy when you're Champions.

And tonigt's other result:

Wigan 10 - 16 Warrington

despite the weather, officiating, etc, etc, etc - you'd think we could have done Quins of all teams at home - however was a nice offload by Pryce and dive by new man Gidley for the try - still a loss is a loss.

I was supprised we did'nt win but it just shows what a great season we are in for. The super league is becoming more and more competative each year and soon we will be saying there are 10 teams that can win it like in the N.R.L.

It would be great to have a competitive SuperLeague, I am slowly starting to follow it, just a matter of trying tot get to see more games on the tele....

I can assure you its well worth watching and theres plenty of it on sky. What do you think of Chev Walker as a Bath fan. I hav'nt seen much of playing union but he was an awesome player in super league..

Well he seems to be settling into Bath and cos he is young he has a chance to adapt I feel... It will be more interesting to see him in a years time I think tho...

Is he still a loathesome gobshite?

Sunday, 11 February 2007
Engage Super League

Bradford 18-14 Huddersfield
Hull 10-10 Catalans Dragons
Salford 26-30 Leeds

Saturday, 10 February 2007
Engage Super League
Hull K R 14-9 Wakefield

Friday, 09 February 2007
Engage Super League
St Helens 6-14 Harlequins RL