• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2007 - official thread

Stacey Jones is a big player for us. He is like Gerrard for Liverpool or O'driscoll for Ireland

That should give us the kick up the hoop we obviously needed. Great result for the Catalans and from what I've been told, fully deserved.

Friday, 10 August 2007 Engage Super League Leeds 52-14 Salford Wigan 20-12 Huddersfield Saturday, 11 August 2007 Catalans Dragons 21-0 St Helens Sunday, 12 August 2007 Hull 46-14 Warrington Hull KR 10-28 Bradford Wakefield 28-14 Harlequins RL

good god...

a wake-up call to say the very least

sounds like alot of slack defense, and lack of imagination from Saints - they need to find a way to wrap-up Stacey at Wembley [/b]

£5 says he'll wrap himself up in the sin bin.

again? i wouldn't mind it one bit, however not sure if he has the gall to get himself binned at Wembley

Catalans 38 - 20 Wakefield.

Hopefully this is the result that pulls us away from the bottom and maybe even give us a push towards the top six.

Stacey Jones brilliant again :toss: .

Allez les Catalan

I think there's too much work to do for the top 6 but it's a good result and pulls you away from any possibilities of a bottom placed finish.

Well, i just got around to watching the Bradford - Leeds match.
What an epic match! There always seems to be controversey when these two play.
Even though Leeds did really well to keep Bradford away from scoring what should have been plenty of points in the first half, i still think Bradford were somewhat cheated (again!).
I haven't understood the game for that long, but i do understand the 2 on 1 rule. I do however, believe the penalty try awarded shouldn't have been so. In my view the guy wasn't going for the steal, he was wrapping up the ball to prevent the try, the only reason he came away with it was because the attacking player never had full control of it.
There's no saying whether control would have eventually be gained for him to score the try, but i feel the Bulls player was hard done by on that.

Bulls seriously needed Tame Tupou on the field today. There were plenty of times when they were 10m out and he would have been just the man that would have barged his way over. Instead the smaller wingers were being bundled into touch.

Awesome game however.

So what's happening in Super Duper League? When are the finals? Who is shaping to be in the top 6?

hat's off to Saints for reaching the GF

what a close battle it was Saints 10 Rhinos 8

Shove your Bottling Bulls against the cheating pies up your arse. if you want drama, watch that game from last night. It was one of the best games if not the best game I have ever been to.

Catalans 38 - 20 Wakefield.

Hopefully this is the result that pulls us away from the bottom and maybe even give us a push towards the top six.

Stacey Jones brilliant again :toss: .

Allez les Catalan
[/b]

Yes Stacey Jones is the best Rugby league player :cheers:

Allez les dragons !!!

Well, the delusion is over - Wigan got knocked out by Leeds last night leaving it (deservedly) a Saints vs Leeds final on Saturday.

Congratulations to Castleford, who have just been promoted to the Super League.

Castleford is back in the super league actually.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/rugby_league/7026302.stm

Well done to them....they shouldnt of got relegated last time. :angry:

Anyway i have being watching the super league for the first time (got pay tv installed early last week :D ) and i love it football chants close matches attack minded rugby great viewing.Shall be watching next season c'mon you wigan. :D

well done to the tigers for their promotion back to super league

wigan out-muscled by the rhinos who put in a good performance

rob burrow had a great night, ali lauititi and brent webb were still up to their ridiculous antics - i hope they both get flattened by the Saints in the final.

Well, the delusion is over - Wigan got knocked out by Leeds last night leaving it (deservedly) a Saints vs Leeds final on Saturday. [/b]

Oh, well there is always next year :p ;)

Latest posts