• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super League 2007 - official thread

big one today

saints and leeds - hopefully i can make it back home for the second half

From the storming game Saints had last week Leeds should be worried if they are just slightly off the pace tonight - they could be in for a hammering.
But, they played sub-par last week, i don't expect the same from them tonight.

How quick was Keiron Cunningham in the last game, though?!
Bloody hell!

...and we lost - crap. now we're tied for 1st with the Rhinos.

plus i couldn't catch the end because the damn pizza took forever, if only i was in "delivery" range.

cunningham's break and sprint was amazing against shuddersfield, as was the general annilihation of the giants

I am not a happy chappy.

I don't expect to win every game. It's not possible to win them all. But I do expect some level headed behaviour from the best team on Earth but we totally lost the plot tonight. No creativity and worst of all for me, no passion.

the rest of the folks at Knowsley didn't look too pleased either - the last ten minutes looked agonizing for Saints

bit unlucky earlier in the game that Talau couldn't ground the ball, plus the other try being called back for a forward pass - i thought saints had their moments but it wasn't enough in the end

Leeds took their chances well

Saw the game in Benidorm with a massive gang of Saints lads and one other Wigan fan, good laugh.

Sorry its late, been on holiday.

Friday 06th July

Salford 18 - 35 Wakefield

St. Helens 10 - 22 Leeds

Wigan 25 - 18 Bradford

Saturday 07th July

Harlequins RL 30 - 22 Catalans

Sunday 08th July

Huddersfield 28 - 47 Warrington

Hull KR 20 - 30 Hull FC

The first half was poor. We carried on from where we left off with the second half display against Leeds last week when we were appalling. The conditions were awful and we all know we're a dry weather team but we played dumb rugby, trying to switch the play too quickly.

And speaking of dumb rugby, I am beginning to take an increasing dislike to Jason Cayless. He is capable of doing the work of three props, but he is beginning to becoming more noticable for his stupidity. It's not offloading weather, but he does it anyway. It's the first tackle and there's no need to offload, but he does it anyway. The situation is under control, but he comes in with a swinging arm.

In the second half I thought we were the better team by some distance. Particularly, which I found curious, when we were down to 12. We bossed the game and we really ought to have won, never mind drawn. The game hinged on two refereeing decisions, both wrong. The first to call held when Meli had his try disallowed. And why on earth was he held? he was going back over his line, and there's not a lot you can do or say about that. The video ref gave the only decision he could, no try, but to call held was insane.

The second was Gardner's "try" in the corner. Why the hell did he not go to the screen? It was so obvious to me he got that down and that was from first glance. Subsequent replays show he got the ball down. The ref went to the screen for everything last night, no doubt including the toss of the coin, so why not that? Incompetent.

We fell just short last night but the first half warrants enough concern. We need to get ourselves in shape if we want to beat the salary cap cheats next weekend.

So who do you reckon is going down???! Salford or KR?? I think Salford will have just enough momentum to see them through!

Yeah, KR looked to have a few positive moments in the season, but they've taken a few too many stumbles now.
They may not be bottom yet, but i'm pretty confident in a few games time that will change.

IIRC Salford have the harder run in. I just fear they have the momentum now and will stay up with games to spare. Salford vs. Hull KR is in a fortnight I think.

I think the Bulls need to start reconsidering their approach to the game one of these days - they were outsmarted by Salford who were battered throughout the entire game yet pulled off a good win in the end

Iestyn Harris is a shadow of the player he once was, Solomona is too inconsistent and should be used off the bench as an impact sub

Allow me to first off express how much of a ******** i feel Brent "The ********" Webb actually is. I mean 2 dangerously high tackles within in the space of a minute, and then before we know it a few sets later he's grabbing another poor ******* by the head! It's not a good feeling to have, but every time he picked up the ball i wanted someone to absolutely smash him. What made it even worse was how big a part he played in Leeds' comeback!

I also wasn't happy with Vagana's leading forearm as he went into make contact.

Saints, from the highlights i saw, got given a bit of a scare.
Hull took them quite close without a series of their first choice players - but Sean Long produced an awesome try in that game.
Main thing: we're still top of the league.

And isn't everything just going wrong for Wigan as of late?!

Also, one must question what side Catalan are going to field in the Challenge cup final?
If they play like the did on the weekend then even a Saints team off form will stroll for the win. But if they play like they did in the Semi's then we should be due for a good game.

We were actually a lot better than that tight scoreline suggests you know. We played alright, not bad considering we had a big semi the weekend before. I thought the final score flattered Hull a bit.

The Cats have big injury problems at the moment, they might have a bit of a weakened team for the final.

Not leting St Helens score a point is a big achivment. They will surely be more careful of us now in the challenge cup final :D

Fantastic Result for the Catalan's holding the league leaders is absolutely Fantastic... Although Dan won't be happy...

good god...

a wake-up call to say the very least

sounds like alot of slack defense, and lack of imagination from Saints - they need to find a way to wrap-up Stacey at Wembley

Latest posts