• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 8 - [1 - 2 August 2020]

Crusaders were there for the taking. But Chiefs were again too inept. They did show real signs of progress though.

Really good game. But so many penalties. Very happy for the Blues.

All of the Rebels home games have been in Sydney. As much of Sydney is a no go area as well, the Rebels v Brumbies game may well be moved from Sydney.

Papalii had a try. Ludicrous that it was disallowed.
i mean, the player was off side....smith embarrassingly milked it and its not really cool....but he was offside and if you look at it had done a **** job at getting on, get on your feet mate or stay directly behind the halfback...you're always asking for trouble laying down beside the halfback

i mean, the player was off side....smith embarrassingly milked it and its not really cool....but he was offside and if you look at it had done a **** job at getting on, get on your feet mate or stay directly behind the halfback...you're always asking for trouble laying down beside the halfback
cmon, aaron milked and hollywooded that penalty BUT he's well within his rights to ham it up. Tuinukuafe had no choice and did everything possible to avoid giving a penalty but aaron thought differently.
twas an awesome show of daltons ability, but thanks to aaron no try

unfortunately the rules dont mention "everything possible", he could have done what a lot of people do and stand behind the half back to be out the play

I have a bigger problem with tacklers that have released the player and tried to role away but are deliberately trapped in there by arriving players, given the current trend of running in pairs the arriving player can be there a fraction of a second after the tackle...and they get penalised when it is far less in their control than Tuinukuafe's crawling

if i'm not wrong, he was still crawling form the breakdown before, its not like he'd just rolled out of this one...how much time do you need?

I think World Rugby should next time consider penalizing players for milking a situation like Smith did there.

I think World Rugby should next time consider penalizing players for milking a situation like Smith did there.
Under what rule? They would need to add some sort of subjective "made all effort" rule for the retreating player to avoid directly conflicting rules

Under what rule? They would need to add some sort of subjective "made all effort" rule for the retreating player to avoid directly conflicting rules

Maybe un-sportsman like behaviour ? Professional foul maybe. But i still think the try should have stood. The prop did not interfere with play, not intentionally anyway.

Last edited:
Maybe un-sportsman like behaviour ? Could be a new rule. But i still think the try should have stood. The prop did not interfere with play, not intentionally anyway.
He did interfere though...smith made sure he did but he did and intention is famously removed from the rules of rugby otherwise we'd talk a lot more about players getting caught in the air accidentally or accidental head highs...intentions not an issue

nah its just gamesmanship. aSmith was well within his rights manipulating that situation and showed smarts to get a try ruled out against them. smith didnt break any rules

i kind of see it like people that complain about getting a speeding ticket....it might seem unfair....but there is an easy way to avoid this whole situation....