• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Aotearoa: Round 8 - [1 - 2 August 2020]

Ther problem is some refs don't give that as a penalty because he's gone so far out of his way to milk it. He chose to run towards him, starts falling before he even gets to him and purposely throws the ball on the ground. I could see someone like Nigel Owens not giving the penalty and telling him "This isn't soccer". Imagine the ABs losing a test because of it!

Even if technically he's fine Im not sure it's worth the risk.

don't get me wrong, my first reaction is "he's finally cost us with this stuff"

Ther problem is some refs don't give that as a penalty because he's gone so far out of his way to milk it. He chose to run towards him, starts falling before he even gets to him and purposely throws the ball on the ground. I could see someone like Nigel Owens not giving the penalty and telling him "This isn't soccer". Imagine the ABs losing a test because of it!

Even if technically he's fine Im not sure it's worth the risk.
key word is risk. ASmith took the risk. i agree that landers were on a roll and shouldve gone for the advantage. but in hindsight aSmith was right. he hedged his bets by milking a penalty and it paid off a few minutes later.
agree that owens probably wouldnt have fallen for that but i have to guess that ASmith is smart enough to know he wouldnt of tried it with Owens

don't get me wrong, my first reaction is "he's finally cost us with this stuff"
agree couldve gone either way, but ASmith is pretty wiley and picked his moment and ref to try it with.
i wouldnt coach my kids to do this as its risky. but i wouldnt discourage them from doing it either and would let them learn the perils of ref management

Where's the next weeks threads for Super Rugby Aotearoa and AU? They're usually posted on Tuesdays and I'm growing impatient to make my predictions. :p

Latest posts