• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Super Rugby Final: Chiefs v Brumbies (03/08/13)

Oh my...I think I just saw more kiwi butt cracks than I ever expected to see!!!

das

Huh...those Maori hakas just don't have the same impact when blokes are wearing dress shirts and ties. ;)

das

Will someone tell me how the F*** did Connacht manage to swoop Clarke?

bloody beautiful!

was it me who said messam had stepped up a gear for the finals? Yeah I think it was me :)

Fantastic game, would have been a lot more secure of Anscombe had been doing all the kicking.

Chiefs a very strong last quarter team. The bench is just epic, Pulu's best showing in 2 years I think when he came on the brumbies had bee run off their feet and Pulu just toyed with them. Robinson was awesome, he's very underrated and IMO shouldn't be far off AB selection, easily up with Dagg and Ben Smith as one of the most deadly runners around.

I expect chiefs co-captains to be Cruden and Messam next year.

Chiefs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Messam had a big game - great try too.
Question for those more knowledgeable of the laws/scrum - how come the scrum that he scored from wasn't called as wheeling? It'd gone almost 270degrees before he broke away.

also noteworthy was Toby Smith again. Big mistake letting him go.

Question for those more knowledgeable of the laws/scrum - how come the scrum that he scored from wasn't called as wheeling? It'd gone almost 270degrees before he broke away.

270? How's your geometry? :p looked to me like it hadn't even gong 90

I assume it had to do with Pat Lam I agree he's a great signing for them great leadership and good in the lineout.

I'm pretty sure that hadn;t gone more than 90 the more dubious thing to me was Kerr-Barlow's blocking but thats stretching it.

I don't know but its a great buy for Connacht Rugby. Craig Clarke is an honest, hard working player, and an excellent leader. Probably not quite good enough to be a All Black, but an excellent player at this level.

Nic White, Ben Mowen and Jesse Mogg. Three of the Brunbies' best players this season, three of their worst players tonight.

Thats what pressure does for you!!

The scrum ended when Messam picked up the ball, and that happened before the scrum had gone through 90°.

I don't know but its a great buy for Connacht Rugby. Craig Clarke is an honest, hard working player, and an excellent leader. Probably not quite good enough to be a All Black, but an excellent player at this level.

If Jeremy Thrush is good enough to be an AB then Clarke is more than good enough. He is miles better than Thrush. Would have surely been picked if he hadn't already signed overseas.

wondering if Toby Smith is regretting his decision to leave. Chiefs will be strong for a long time it seems and the last two games would have seen him play himself right into All Black contention. In Fact with Crockett Injured and off the back of the two Finals I think Toby Smith would be called tomorrow.

Toby Smith was brilliant - I was hoping he'd win man of the match. Messam was outstanding too, apart from that one brain fart tap, but luckily it didn't cost them. Retalick had his best game for a while, carrying very strongly and not dropping the ball at all. Kerr-Barlow had a great game - Pulu was also very good when he came on. Robinson and Aki were good subs too, obviously.

Really gutted for the Brumbies, especially Mogg who had a torrid time. I hope it doesn't effect his selection chances for the Wallabies.

However, the last twenty minutes were a masterclass in attacking rugby and performing under pressure. Chiefs deserved winners in the end!

Thats what pressure does for you!!

The scrum ended when Messam picked up the ball, and that happened before the scrum had gone through 90°.

Re: Clarke

Not good enough for All Blacks maybe but I really rate him and while I know Lam had the knowledge of his days in New Zealand to act fast it still has to be said it a superb signing. Clarke is good enough for any of the big teams here and Leinster for example who are poor in 2nd row could've done a lot worst than snap him up. Fact he went to Connacht to shows it's not for money and he must really believe in whatever is happening out West.

Regards Smith is he able to play for Aus and will he be selected straight away if so? Must've been a bit of reason is his decisionto swap. Probably seen his path to All Blacks a bit more clouded

Great game Chiefs - picked them being favourites to win at the beginning of the season despite Landers and Saders being talked up. Came though in the end. Good to see Robbie Robinson once again make the difference despite having a torrid time getting regular selection. Still thin the AB's should have selected Toby Smith just to shunt Australia - although the scrimmaging early in the match was hardly vintage.

Didn't see the game, will watch it later today, but really happy with our consecutive ***le.

Great game Chiefs - picked them being favourites to win at the beginning of the season despite Landers and Saders being talked up. Came though in the end. Good to see Robbie Robinson once again make the difference despite having a torrid time getting regular selection. Still thin the AB's should have selected Toby Smith just to shunt Australia - although the scrimmaging early in the match was hardly vintage.

yeah interestingly the chiefs scrammaging problems seemed to be on the tighthead side more often than not. Last two weeks Tamiafuna has not been the powerhouse he normally is in that area.

Latest posts