• Total voters

Umaga's Witness

First XV
TRF Legend
Country Flag
New Zealand
Club or Nation
Hurricanes
This game will be taking place instead of the games cancelled due to the typhoon. Please vote on which team you think will win. Feel free to rejig the teams a bit if i've missed some obvious selections (but given tehse teams are playing each other, you can't have a player on both sides, derr). This is not necessarily the best 46 players in the world; just those that seem to fit the different playing philosophies. Or Make a Team C that doesn't include any of these players.

Team A is focused on a fast paced game, wearing the other team down with superior fitness. They are coached by Jamie Joseph, Tony Brown, and Wayne Smith. A 6-2 split on the bench to encourage big work rates and mobility in the forwards.

moody healy
taylor marx
taavao furlong
itoje psdt
ryan s barrett
savea
hooper cane
navidi
weber perenara
bridge
mounga
ALB
ringrose
kolbe b smith
b barrett

VS

Team B are focused on being physically dominant with a strong set piece and good kicking game. They are coached by Joe Schmidt, Rassie Erasmus, and Shaun Edwards

beast marler
mbonambi creevy
franks nyakane
etzebeth
snyman skelton
lawes
pocock
vunipola vermeulen
murray a smith
sexton pollard
radradra
SBW tuilagi
davies
j barret
kearney

Since here are a few teams you've chosen to mostly ignore here's Team C (Mostly NH + invited SH guests)

1. M. Vunipola / Kitshoff
2. George / Horie
3. Sinckler / Ala'alatoa
4. AWJ / Nakarawa
5. Kruis
6. O'Mahony
7. T. Curry / Underhill
8. Read
9. de Klerk / Dupont
10. Ford
11. May
12. Kerevi
13. Joseph / Henshaw
14. Watson
15. L. Williams / Stockdale

Since here are a few teams you've chosen to mostly ignore here's Team C (Mostly NH + invited SH guests)

1. M. Vunipola / Kitshoff
2. George / Horie
3. Sinckler / Ala'alatoa
4. AWJ / Nakarawa
5. Kruis
6. O'Mahony
7. T. Curry / Underhill
8. Read
9. de Klerk / Dupont
10. Ford
11. May
12. Kerevi
13. Joseph / Henshaw
14. Watson
15. L. Williams / Stockdale
. But who are the coaches?

excellent, this will be an exciting competition. Do you think team c will beat team a or team b or both or neither?

P.s. I didn't choose to ignore any team, I just went with who I thought fitted the different philosophies and wasn't as familiar with some of the NH players. I was wanting to make teams based on the philosophies. And team c was an opportunity to add generally good players who weren't particularly fitting one of the other philosophies.

I'm going to go for Eddie Jones as head coach. This team has a lot of his England team in it with some improvements he'd most likely be in a position to make, with the leadership of AWJ and Read and a much better 9 in Faf and an upgrade at 15 with Williams.

Basically it's the England team with their major weaknesses addressed, so it's more or less the style Eddie's implemented with Faf's better box kicking game making for a deadly kick chase with May, Watson and Williams. Kerevi replaces the line-breaking ability of Tuilagi in midfield with Ford freed from the shackles of Farrell to unleash a first rate set of backs.

Coaches are a bit of a gamble as you've taken a few of my preferred choices. I'd take Alex Sanderson as defence coach (he does a great job at Saracens) and I'd roll the dice with Stephen Jones as attack coach.

Latest posts