• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Team of the Tournament

Priestland normally > Farrell > 6N Priestland
A reality check here! 'Priestland normally' is the guy who is some lame-arse ponce down at the Turks who, if I'd had my way, wouldn't even been on the plane to New Zealand last year!
Of course he did the business in the summer and at the World Cup but those performances came from out of nowhere after Jupiter and Charon had aligned for the first time in 6969 years and the moon was in the eighth house of Aquarius!! I knew it was too good to last! Get 'Ooky in!!!! :p

A reality check here! 'Priestland normally' is the guy who is some lame-arse ponce down at the Turks who, if I'd had my way, wouldn't even been on the plane to New Zealand last year!
Of course he did the business in the summer and at the World Cup but those performances came from out of nowhere after Jupiter and Charon had aligned for the first time in 6969 years and the moon was in the eighth house of Aquarius!! I knew it was too good to last! Get 'Ooky in!!!! :p

No he didn't. He came into the Wales reckoning after a season or two of quality rugby for the Scarlets. This was either at outhalf or fullback. Me and Olyy were calling for him to be involved with Wales. Most people couldn't see past his inconsistent goal kicking which is still a problem, although having Halfpenny as kicker solves that for Wales.

He hasn't been great this 6 nations, I think that's obvious. I think his poor kicking in the Ireland game dented his confidence somewhat.

A few points that have been ignored by correspondents.

How many times did Priestland play at 10? How many times did Farrell play at 10?

Priestland's kicking height gives the chasers time to get to the catcher, anybody who watched the Scarlets/Saints Heineken game would have seen his garryowens, above the floodlights at FG, absolutely destroy the Saints back 3, never seen Farrell do that.

In the Wales/France game, even with the defenders dropping back for his kicks, he was still able to make life difficult for them with his distance.

I fail to agree that he had a poor game against Italy, his one poor game was at Twickenham.

How many times did Priestland play at 10? How many times did Farrell play at 10?

Priestland's kicking height gives the chasers time to get to the catcher, anybody who watched the Scarlets/Saints Heineken game would have seen his garryowens, above the floodlights at FG, absolutely destroy the Saints back 3, never seen Farrell do that.

In the Wales/France game, even with the defenders dropping back for his kicks, he was still able to make life difficult for them with his distance.

I fail to agree that he had a poor game against Italy, his one poor game was at Twickenham.

1) Don't see what point your making there about how many games they played at 10.Arguably Priestland has had more games to settle into the 10 shirt.

2) How many times do people need to point out that this is a Team of the Tournament thread: Priestland won't be getting plaudits on this thread for how high he kicked the ball against the Saints.

In general, correspondents haven't forgotten his garryowens, they simply know that this alone doesn't make you 10 of the tourny.

Also, (just thought I'd hammer it home), the Priest missed the most tackles in the entire six nations. 10!

Also, (just thought I'd hammer it home), the Priest missed the most tackles in the entire six nations. 10!

He looks like Rogina, tackles like Rogina, kicks garryowns like Rogina... has anyone seen them in the same room?

He looks like Rogina, tackles like Rogina, kicks garryowns like Rogina... has anyone seen them in the same room?

Haha. Yeah, I think the reason his garryowens are so high is to give himself a chance to be in other places at once. Unless Wales are playing Ireland in which case all he needs to do is leg it to the opposition bench. Easy.

Perhaps he's mastered time travel? would explain why he looks so much younger.

Have we all forgot how sh@ Priestland is at goal kicking... ROG was pretty good if memory serves <_<

1. Corbisiero
2. Best
3. Castrogiovanni
4. AW jones
5. Parling
6. Lydiate
7. Rennie
8. Denton
9. Phillips(like a lot of people i saw no real stand out 9)
10. Farrell
11. North
12. Fofana
13. Davies
14. Cuthbert
15. Halfpenny

1. Jenkins - Best Prop in tournament
2. Best- mainly due to lack of other hookers putting their hands up.
3. Cole? - Solid and reliable
4. Gray - Underated engine and does well at set piece
5. Parling - Got round park well, and ran the lineout for England
6. Lydiate - Awesome. Must be in top 3/4 in the world
7. Dusatoir - Genuine openside with good hands
8. Morgan - May have played himself into Lions contention. Be interesting to see him at Glaws next year
9. Dickson - Seemed to have more urgency than the others in a poor group
10. Farrell - Good decisions and a mature head for a rookie.
11. North - Always a threat
12. Fofana - Great finisher big traditional hard running 12
13. Davies - again lack of contenders but did well in his own right
14. Halfpenny - Knows where the try line is and can kick a ball a mile off the deck very handy.
15. Poitrenaud - Maybe not everyones choice but always expected something to happen when he got the ball.

Latest posts