• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Tell us what you think

G

getofmeland

Hi Everyone,
This is the thread where you can tell us what you think of the forum, what you would like to see and if there is something that you don’t like about the forum, or how the staff are working then please post a comment in here. I personally as soon to be co-owner with St Helens, feel that feedback is important and unless you tell us what the issues are we can’t do anything about it. So don’t sit back and moan or vote against something, PLEASE voice your concerns and ideas.

Thanking you in Advance

maybe some staff changes, there are some not fit to be staff membersm cos they lack both maturity and responsibility, and there are some who never post, id like to see a few of the older members taking up the mantle.

I think there needs to be less bickering and more unity. I don't know exactly how to achieve that, but the forum would be the better for it.

In the word's of Pink Floyd "It could be made into a monster, if we all pull together as a team!"

I reckon if an arguement looks like its gonna occur we implement this method

:chatArgue

Or PM. I'm all for discussion and debate, even if it's heated, but if it goes that step too far, it needs to be taken elsewhere.

i think it would be good to take the arguments to the chat because then you can reply in real-time and others can join in but if its all done in PM, then no one else can see it

yeah it will be like a fight at school, when we feel and argument brewing, everyone will rush to the chat room for the action

Originally posted by neck@Jul 12 2006, 07:08 PM
yeah it will be like a fight at school, when we feel and argument brewing, everyone will rush to the chat room for the action
lol exactly

Make mine a vote for "Take it to the chat room, you two".

It's got class all over it. :bravo:

Top shot there, getofmeland!

I feel the bickering could be done in off-topic... sometimes a good flame-war helps theday pass.

On another note, I like the steps you've taken in adding a portal, but if you were to add graphics to the articles on the front page, it would make the forum a little more professional.

I'm in agreement with teh mite that TRF merch would rule also... imagine if we could get enough people to pitch in some cash, we could have TRF kits... that would f***ing pwn, and I would have another shirt that would get me some pussy, which would also pwn.

And a minor gripe, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but a few older-than-teen members would be cool. Nothing against the teens here, but the banter is sometimes geared towards the younger folk. There isn't really anything you can do about that, though... you take what you can get.

to be honest charlie, i believe this forum needs to be better arranged/organized.. i found that **** is just scattered all over or so it seems.. once i get back in tomorrow.. ill hit you up and discuss what i mean in further detail..

Originally posted by Dr. Fantomas Jr.@Jul 13 2006, 12:51 PM
I feel the bickering could be done in off-topic... sometimes a good flame-war helps theday pass.

On another note, I like the steps you've taken in adding a portal, but if you were to add graphics to the articles on the front page, it would make the forum a little more professional.

I'm in agreement with teh mite that TRF merch would rule also... imagine if we could get enough people to pitch in some cash, we could have TRF kits... that would f***ing pwn, and I would have another shirt that would get me some pussy, which would also pwn.

And a minor gripe, I don't want to sound like an asshole, but a few older-than-teen members would be cool. Nothing against the teens here, but the banter is sometimes geared towards the younger folk. There isn't really anything you can do about that, though... you take what you can get.
actually, the only problem i have with the part about the graphics is..

im not quite sure if we could have permission to use pictures of players or games and such that are not takin by our members.. there may be copyright disputes and we would have to pay money.. or at least i think

now i have seen other sports forums and they have sports players on their banners and ****, and they have never seemed to have gotten into trouble.. maybe i could snoop around and find the laws on picture use..

Originally posted by Dr. Fantomas Jr.@Jul 13 2006, 12:51 PM
im quite offended :eek: but i can see where you're comming from

Originally posted by DC13@Jul 12 2006, 09:44 PM
im not quite sure if we could have permission to use pictures of players or games and such that are not takin by our members.. there may be copyright disputes and we would have to pay money.. or at least i think

now i have seen other sports forums and they have sports players on their banners and ****, and they have never seemed to have gotten into trouble.. maybe i could snoop around and find the laws on picture use..
We don't need to use copyrighted/owned images to use graphics, I meant something along the lines of just having a headline graphic treatment for articles and such. Keep the graphics consistant with the logo and color scheme of the forum. And if images are needed, go to a local rugby game and take some pictures, and then use those, obscuring any copyrighted logos and persons...

and another minor gripe: there are way to many sub-forums... stuff like the entertainment forum could be relegated to off-topic, football to the other sports forum, Union HoF/WoS as a sub-forum viewable once you enter the Union forum, etc. The focus is on Rugby (Union and League) and everything else is periphery... Lessens the clutter...

Like this:

Main Forum: Rugby Union
>Southern Hemi (Tri-Nations, Super 14, NPC)
>Northern Hemi (Six Nations, Premiership, Celtic,etc)
>General Union Chat (World Tours, International)
>Hall of Fame
>Wall of Shame
Main Forum: Rugby League
>Whatever you League guys talk about,like touching young boys and stuff
Main Forum: Rugby Video games
Main Forum: Other Sports
Main Forum: Off Topic
Main Forum: Forum Feedback

Seems VERY sound thinking. Just my opinion, but I think you've hit on some good ideas.

Streamlining things really. Be interesting to see what Saint Helens and others think?

I find there's too much unfunded bashing in many posts. I know that there are many teenagers posting here and their brain cortex may be still underdeveloped.

I've no problem with joking and I usually appreciate a lot the British sense of humour but many times after having spent some time on TRF I think this was a waste of time.

Originally posted by DonBilly@Jul 13 2006, 08:25 PM
I find there's too much unfunded bashing in many posts. I know that there are many teenagers posting here and their brain cortex may be still underdeveloped.

I've no problem with joking and I usually appreciate a lot the British sense of humour but many times after having spent some time on TRF I think this was a waste of time.
Your right. It can be hard to know where to go for the SERIOUS rugby news. By that I mean maybe there should or could be a section where off-topic bs and joking is mercilessly slashed and only practical rugby info is kept.

Maybe one such section for SH news and one for NH news in their respective sections. If people go into it post some crap, even fun crap.....it'll be deleted?

Hows that idea sound?

Latest posts