• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Test Match 2: All Blacks v British & Irish Lions (Wellington)

The only downside I can see is that you're into the realms of Sexton, Farrell or Itoje as captain but it genuinely suits Gats game more he just isn't intelligent enough to see it.

Super Maro captaining the Lions is destiny, not a gamble.
pft7oXo.png

Don't worry, we know he's an exception. I just hope that you understand the same goes for VC and the British Isles.
LOL Idiocy knows no international borders!!!!! Since I deployed the ignore button, for certain posters, this forum is a whole lot more enjoyable.

Last edited:
I thought Itoje's discipline wasn't poor tonight, was lucky not to be pinged for offside more often.
The old offside at the ruck!!!! It is called on a whim. I tell you, both teams guilty of it at least 10 times in both tests, and rarely called. When it is, its a 3 pointer. Usually! Itoje was standing closer to the ABs 10 at one point. :)

Have to add that I'm delighted for Sean O'Brien, if ever a man deserved to beat NZ it was him. His third performance of godly proportion against them finally delivers his win.

In Warburton's postmatch interview, on the Kiwi stream I was watching, he basically said that Faletau's try was against the gameplan, and that he was glad that the backs had the balls to throw it about in that situation.

So basically kick for territory, get the penalty, start again...ffs. So this win was the players ditching the tactics and playing what they thought. Also suggests they ignored Sam's captaincy as I imagine he didn't have the balls to ignore the gameplan.

So basically kick for territory, get the penalty, start again...ffs. So this win was the players ditching the tactics and playing what they thought. Also suggests they ignored Sam's captaincy as I imagine he didn't have the balls to ignore the gameplan.

There's a game plan the coaches create, but not a rigid game plan so as to a restrict the players not to think and play what's in front of them. That is a big criticism of NH rugby. There is just an assumption that this is just down to the coaches, rather than the players just not grabbing the bull by the horns and going for it. I've been critical of the Lions instinctive decision making in the first test, but when they were behind in this test, they had no choice but to go for the tries when 9 points behind. The question is can they do it again next week? And not just do it when their backs are against the wall.

First game we lose at home in 8 years, and I have to be there to see it... lol.

I was a bit disappointed by the manner in which we played. Despite the conditions and no SBW, I thought we could've and should've looked to do more with the ball. We seemed 1-dimensional.

Ioane was really quiet, and watching him a bit, he didn't look for work enough. If Savea had put in that performance people would be tearing into him for it calling him lazy. I hope Savea gets a chance to prove himself in the 11 jersey next week.

With SBW and Crotty out we're left with Laumape and ALB... a combo I suggested months ago may well end up together in the ABs this year, and was laughed at! I'm excited at the prospect of those two together... while they're un-tried and it will be a risk, imo their games complement each other beautifully, similar to the Nonu/Smith Combo, and could work wonders.

Credit to the Lions. While I don't think you outplayed us by any means, you did what you had to and beat the ABs at home and leveled the series. That is not an achievement that should be taken lightly, regardless of the circumstances. Congrats!

Gotta say too that the Lions fans were amazing. I was right next to the massive group of them that filled up one end of the stadium, and could barely here myself think at times. Awesome atmosphere, something you never otherwise get to experience in NZ.

Bring on the 3rd test, expecting a big blacklash!

Dear Warren,

May I respectfully suggest you understand how the ABs react to losing by watching the tape of Ireland vs ABs on 20th November 2016? It seems they were marginally miffed and got a little bit physical.

They can play Ireland any time, but next week will be a once in a career winner takes all against the Lions. So take the Dublin fury, double it, add a bit, throw in the Eden Park factor, Read's 100th cap and that's what's heading your way next week.

Select wisely.

Good luck.

OH

There's a game plan the coaches create, but not a rigid game plan so as to a restrict the players not to think and play what's in front of them. That is a big criticism of NH rugby. There is just an assumption that this is just down to the coaches, rather than the players just not grabbing the bull by the horns and going for it. I've been critical of the Lions instinctive decision making in the first test, but when they were behind in this test, they had no choice but to go for the tries when 9 points behind. The question is can they do it again next week? And not just do it when their backs are against the wall.
Agree with all of that, but it is still a pretty ridiculous comment for a captain to make. Essentially, we're not here to score nice tries..... Why bother saying it at all? Reckon I'd have to see the context of the comment. And, WTF was Felatau doing out on the wing anyway? Slacker!!!! :)

Dear Warren,

May I respectfully suggest you understand how the ABs react to losing by watching the tape of Ireland vs ABs on 20th November 2016? It seems they were marginally miffed and got a little bit physical.

They can play Ireland any time, but next week will be a once in a career winner takes all against the Lions. So take the Dublin fury, double it, add a bit, throw in the Eden Park factor, Read's 100th cap and that's what's heading your way next week.

Select wisely.

Good luck.

OH
"Select wisely, well last time I picked all the Welsh players in a deciding Lions match and that didn't blow up in my face so we'll probably do that again".

Agree with all of that, but it is still a pretty ridiculous comment for a captain to make. Essentially, we're not here to score nice tries..... Why bother saying it at all? Reckon I'd have to see the context of the comment. And, WTF was Felatau doing out on the wing anyway? Slacker!!!! :)

Sam is just a very honest guy, maybe too honest and straight talking when asked a question. But yes would good to see the video of the interview and context in which he said what he did.

Dear Warren,

Select wisely.

Good luck.

OH

With an even half competent ref if the All Blacks play like they did in Dublin the Lions will win by 30 points because the Kiwis will have 2 players red carded.

Dear Warren,

Select wisely.

Good luck.

OH

Yeah probably OH, but after all the 3 nil predictions, it's nice to know it won't end up a Blackwash.

Latest posts