The best players in Super Rugby

nadoss

Academy Player
Country Flag
United States
Club or Nation
Rebels
Period.

Like, good to the point where other players can't really compare at their position. I don't want to hear about 5 flyhalfs, or 5 backs. I'd like to hear about at least one guy with a number 5 or less on his back.

Period.

Like, good to the point where other players can't really compare at their position. I don't want to hear about 5 flyhalfs, or 5 backs. I'd like to hear about at least one guy with a number 5 or less on his back.
Stephen Moore for the Brumbies always impresses me. And he has Irish roots and nice guy, met him at races before

Do you mean of all time or at present? Are you trying to learn more about Super Rugby or just wanting to compare your opinions with others?

Conrad Smith.

Do you mean of all time or at present? Are you trying to learn more about Super Rugby or just wanting to compare your opinions with others?

Conrad Smith.

I mean at the moment, I'm mostly supplementing knowledge for use in a fantasy serpentine draft. I have the 4th overall pick and I'm trying to decide who I might want to take. So far Carter has been taken. A reds fan is up at the moment, and then my housemate, who doesn't know much about rugby but is going to do good pick research if I know him.

If you had to build a team around a single player, who would it be? Another thing that should be considered is this. I have more picks in the draft later on, so ideally I want to snatch up a player who won't be around later. For example, I feel like Stephen Moore won't get picked right away, so I'd wait to pick him up until round 3 or something. Big names are likely to go first, so which big names are the biggest bang for my buck.

Conrad Smith, George Smith, Will Genia, Sam Whitelock, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, James O'Connor, Kieran Read, Aaron Cruden, Hosea Gear, Julian Savea.

George Smith
Henry Speight
Christian Lealiifano
Jesse Mogg

;-)

Conrad Smith, George Smith, Will Genia, Sam Whitelock, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Kurtley Beale, James O'Connor, Kieran Read, Aaron Cruden, Hosea Gear, Julian Savea.

Can't argue with many of those, would have brad thorn in there and ahead of anyone else is BEN SMITH

I think Garet Anscomb would be a good pick, scoring trys and kicking for the Chiefs at the moment.

So far it's been Carter, Genia, Anscombe, Conrad Smith, Read, Ioane, James O'Connor, Tim Nanai Williams, if anyone's curious

It's for a game. But yeah, if it was earlier in the season this would be quite fun to use for both purposes.

So far it's been Carter, Genia, Anscombe, Conrad Smith, Read, Ioane, James O'Connor, Tim Nanai Williams, if anyone's curious

You bagged some amazing players.... Carter / Genia / C.Smith / Read / Ioane are considered the best in the world in their position. So 1/3rd of your team is a world xv.

You bagged some amazing players.... Carter / Genia / C.Smith / Read / Ioane are considered the best in the world in their position. So 1/3rd of your team is a world xv.

Oh, no, that's all the picks so far. I'm just Smith and O'Connor.

Kiwi players

Anscombe been nothing short of amazing.
Nanai Williams great too, infact were all Anscombes 3 tries from Nanai passes?
Cruden crazy playmaker, I think this year he is finally looking better on that Knee he injured in 2011
Brodie Retalick getting better and better
Liam Messam seems to have the ability to adapt his game to what's needed.
TKB been out for a while but he was in great form
Ben Smith has been phenomenal in a loosing side. Look at him this weekend clocking up well over 100m, creating tries and breaking the line constantly rarely makes mistakes. The try he created for colin slade I think has to be one of the trys of the season. ben Smith is the only highlander I can say truly deserves to be on a list like this. He actually deserves to be the starting fullback for the AB's but at the very least he should be starting at 14.
Sam Whitelock maybe the best lock in NZ
Luke Romano
Willie Heinz
George Whitelock
Ali Williams all NZ's current All Black locks have been in great form.
Renee rangers form will make him a sure selection for the All Blacks
Stephen luatua
Luke Braid
Callem(sp) Retalick
Parsons
Charles Piutau
TJ perenara
Conrad Smith
Julian Savea though he was crap this weekend :p
Alapati Leiua has maybe been the hurricanes best player

btw guys, here is my team at the moment. (I've only one more guy to pick, and I think I'll take Bekhuis)

1 Tendai Mtawarira
2 Andrew Hore
3 Ben Alexander
4 Franco van der Merwe
5 Sam Whitelock
6 Liam Messam
7 David Pocock
8 Pierre Spies
9 Piri Weepu
10 James O'Connor
11 Ben Smith
12 Berrick Barnes