• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The BIG Rugby 2005 modification project

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 22 2005, 01:04 AM
Has anyone found a way to edit the stadiums in the game, and the soundfiles that are with them, crowd chants etc?
Yeah it is possible.

Good news for PS2 owner :
the roster file are editable with lazy_chesnut's editor.

[Tutorial mode = ON]
- Download the PS2SaveBuilder utility here : PS2SaveBuilder
- Transfert your roster file with your xport to your PC.
-Open your xport file with PS2SaveBuilder and extract the BESLES-53094RPROPER file. Save it with .ros extension.
- Open the file with Player editor, do all modifications you want, save your work.
- Remove the .ros extension ( I mean save your BESLES-53094RPROPER.ros as BESLES-53094RPROPER ).
- Open again the xps file, delete the BESLES-53094RPROPER in it and add your edited BESLES-53094RPROPER file.
- Send back the file with your xport nad voila..., it should work.
[Tutorial mode = OFF]

Enjoy

Great work shogun2k1!
<

How do I save with a .ros extension though?

The problem I'm having is opening the Player Editor. It says....

Run-time error '339'.

Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid.

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut+Mar 21 2005, 04:37 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lazy_chesnut @ Mar 21 2005, 04:37 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-SaintsFan_Webby
@Mar 22 2005, 01:04 AM
Has anyone found a way to edit the stadiums in the game, and the soundfiles that are with them, crowd chants etc?
Yeah it is possible. [/b]
Any way of plebs such as me accessing them, or do we just make requests to the pros? Such as yourself of course.
<

shogun2k1, I just done everything that you said, but when it came to putting the file back onto my PS2 I found that I'd lost everything I'd edited since I got the game. There was no roster file on the game - so I'm stuck with the defaults.

I've still got everything on my PC - any reason why I've lost all of it?

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 22 2005, 08:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Mar 22 2005, 08:13 AM)</div>
Originally posted by lazy_chesnut@Mar 21 2005, 04:37 PM

Yeah it is possible.
Any way of plebs such as me accessing them, or do we just make requests to the pros? Such as yourself of course.
<
[/b]
Ha.

Thought I'd try that reply and see what happened!

After all, you did only ask "is it possible"!!

Right, the way I did it was to use a program called ditty importer or something like that. I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from.

I think it was from some FIFA or NBA Live fansite.

Try googling the word ditty.

It's a bit fiddly, and I'm not sure if changing them will work unless the new file is exactly the same size as the old one. Feel free to try it though!

Oh and the file you need to edit is called anthems.big or something.

On another note, there is a fairly large update coming on my site.

Check in a day or so!

Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby+Mar 22 2005, 08:13 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SaintsFan_Webby @ Mar 22 2005, 08:13 AM)</div>

Yeah it is possible.
<
[/b]
So we could put in a better 'Swing Low' or 'Waltzing Matilda' or maybe even some cool soccer chants?

i ask please i ask you lazy chestnut..............can you put wcr's swing low sweet chariot into rugby 2005 chants when england play and make em sing it for 2 minutes straight?

Sorry, I might have missed something, but with PS2 roster mod, how do u do this?

Originally posted by lazy_chesnut+Mar 21 2005, 10:20 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (lazy_chesnut @ Mar 21 2005, 10:20 PM)</div>
Originally posted by SaintsFan_Webby@Mar 22 2005, 08:13 AM

Yeah it is possible.

<
Ha.

Thought I'd try that reply and see what happened!

After all, you did only ask "is it possible"!!

Right, the way I did it was to use a program called ditty importer or something like that. I can't for the life of me remember where I got it from.

I think it was from some FIFA or NBA Live fansite.

Try googling the word ditty.

It's a bit fiddly, and I'm not sure if changing them will work unless the new file is exactly the same size as the old one. Feel free to try it though!

Oh and the file you need to edit is called anthems.big or something.

On another note, there is a fairly large update coming on my site.

Check in a day or so! [/b]
Ok, cheers. I'll just wait for your update I think, can't be bothered to muck about with too many files, I've totally screwed up games by doing that in the past, modding them to death.

Originally posted by Jacko@Mar 22 2005, 05:03 PM
Sorry, I might have missed something, but with PS2 roster mod, how do u do this?
5th page, 3rd post from the bottom (by Shogun2k1).

This post link stuff does not work as intended it seems
<

aye i've downloaded the ditty importer now all i need is wcr's swing low....anyone that can send me it?

o and if anyone knows how i import chants from PRM2 to rugby 2005?

yeah

from the pitch at least.

the adboards are editable, but a bit more time consuming.

Somebody start to work on the logo?
because me i start and i dont know why but the modified file is not use by the game

--for darft--

here the screenshoot of the toulouse away kit fot HCUP in 2003-2004 (the kit implemented originalie in the game)
and here the kit

i continue to to work on the actual kit of toulouse (the modified disponible kit is good but we can see some "paste")

EDIT:
<
you must copy and past the link of the rar file in an other window for download it..
<
i don't know what

Massive Update on rugbydownloads.bizhat.com

preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

OK for some reason sometimes the pictures don't show up, so...

The update includes:

- RBS Six Nations Pitch Logo
- 7 Sport logo to flash across screen (this was a request from some chap)
- Gloucester Home Kit
- Barbarians Kit
- International Pack by Darhf and Fraser Davidson
- Other stuff I've forgotten

Please PM me if there are any dead links, thanks!
<

Latest posts