• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Big Ten vs. SEC Challenge

I beat USArugger 27-14. He was Wisconsin and I was Georgia. No story because we knew whoever got Georgia would win. They are just that much better in the game. 3-1 for me and 3-1 Big Ten vs. SEC...

Tennessee vs. Purdue.
[/b]

Have you ever had one of those completely beautiful experiences? That was the butt-whoopin' that took place tonight... The momentum meter is sick.

We also discovered a great new way to record the game. My 9 year old daughter takes notes during the game. She thinks it's pretty cool.

Purdue vs. UT. We flipped and I got Purdue so USArugger graciously offered him the same deal I gave him with Georgia and Wiskey. Since it is such a mismatch, he said I would not have to write about the ass-whoopin' when he gave it to me since UT was going to whoop my butt. :cheers: I bet ya'll can already tell what really happened.

We decided to play the game at Nebraska. A good neutral site. I won the toss and elected to defer so I could get the ball in the second half.

I kicked to UT (USArugger). Decent return and he runs it twice for about 8 yards. On third and two he runs it again and out pops the rock. #27 Arian Foster with the fumble.

Purdue ball at the UT 40. Quick pass down the right sideline to #9 WR Dirien Bryant for 16 yards. A couple runs between the tackles with #24 Kory Sheets and I'm at the 6. An incompletion and then a TD to TE Dustin Keller. 7-0 Purdue. momentum is mine.

I kick to UT. A couple runs and a short pass for a first down. He hits a bomb on the left side to his TE CHris Brown on a corner route to my 41. I am getting worried now. I stuff him big on two straight runs to put him at 3rd and 17. I use a 3-4 againt a 3 WR set and blitz an ILB. I get a sack. He was untouched. He punts and I faircatch at the 18.

My ballI throw an immediate post to #9 Bryant to midfield. Two runs and no gain. End of the QTR. 3rd and ten. Bryant is blinking so I go to my "in the zone" impact player on a fly and the defender tips it. Dang... I punt and he faircatches at the 15. I am ahead and am winning the field position battle.

USArugger pounds it at me on the ground for a first down. Then he hits a deep out to Meachem all the way to the 46. Ainge got it off just as he was getting hit. He then runs at will to my 32. Hits his TE on the left side to my 14. I stuff two runs and then he hits Meachem for a TD. 7-7 and I am worried. I am blitzing on every single down by the way because there is no other way to get heat on his QB. 1:56 to go in the half.

I get the ball and run for seven. On 2nd and three I decide to gamble up top and I throw an incompletion (overthrow) a wide open WR on a fly. I then line up in the I. He knows I am running the option. So I do. :bleh!: BUt I run the triple option and give it to the FB up the gut for the first down :lol2tn: USArugger says a few choice words and I had to remind him who was taking notes... I have him right where I want him. Painter hits Bryant streaking down the left sideline and he gets all the way down to the UT 28. I go to a no huddle and make a big 3rd down completion on an in-route that I called on a hot route because he was playing man coverage. I lob one up to Bryant in the endzone incompelte and then I hit WR #89 Imgraham
for a TD on a corner route in the right rear corner of the endzone. 14-7 with 11 seconds left in the half. I kick to him and two bombs are incomplete. End of the half. I am happy wit the lead against a better team. THe momentum meter has been in my favor since the early fumble.

2nd half: I get the kick and #20 Chattams drop my forst pass right in his hands. By the way, I am going with about 60% pass and 40% run. THis is rare for me since I usually run. However, since I have been playing with my Vandy guy on legend mode, I have been trying to get more passing yards. It is really helping my overall game. I hit Ingraham on a fly up the right side to his 38. Then I hit bryant on the left side (hook route) for a first down. After that, Keller drops the ball. Hit a pass to Bryant over the middle to the 7. I am back in the shotgun and I run out of the shotgun for the first time. A counter sweep to the right. TD. USArugger throws his controller and goes to get another beer :lol: 21-7 with 3 minutes left in the third.

UT ball and he goes three and out :wall: USArugger is mad. I am putting crazy pressure on him.

I get it back and immediately score. The TD was a playaction pass to Bryant. I did actually run a few and I burned the end of the QTR. 28-7.

UT gets a big return from #12 Lucas Taylor to my 24. A couple plays later he scores. 28-14.

He tries an onside kick and I get it. Things get uglier and I win 42-14.

Confused and the Big Ten are now 4-1. Gotta love it...

USArugger hates it!!!!

great stuff guys, wish i knew more about gridiorn/american football or whatever you want to call it. i think i understood 4 out of 5 phrases with my limited knowledge though

better luck next time USArugger :D

great stuff guys, wish i knew more about gridiorn/american football or whatever you want to call it. i think i understood 4 out of 5 phrases with my limited knowledge though

better luck next time USArugger :D
[/b]

Any terms or phrases you need an explanation for, feel free to ask. A lot of it is probably just slang terms for something else.

Kind of like playing rugby with a few Kiwis or Brits on your side full of Americans. We didn't know what in the heck they were saying half the time. Our Kiwi Captain would be yelling at one of us to do something and we would all just stand there staring at him.

<div class='quotemain'>
Tennessee vs. Purdue.
[/b]

Have you ever had one of those completely beautiful experiences? That was the butt-whoopin' that took place tonight... The momentum meter is sick.

We also discovered a great new way to record the game. My 9 year old daughter takes notes during the game. She thinks it's pretty cool.

Purdue vs. UT. We flipped and I got Purdue so USArugger graciously offered him the same deal I gave him with Georgia and Wiskey. Since it is such a mismatch, he said I would not have to write about the ass-whoopin' when he gave it to me since UT was going to whoop my butt. :cheers: I bet ya'll can already tell what really happened.

We decided to play the game at Nebraska. A good neutral site. I won the toss and elected to defer so I could get the ball in the second half.

I kicked to UT (USArugger). Decent return and he runs it twice for about 8 yards. On third and two he runs it again and out pops the rock. #27 Arian Foster with the fumble.

Purdue ball at the UT 40. Quick pass down the right sideline to #9 WR Dirien Bryant for 16 yards. A couple runs between the tackles with #24 Kory Sheets and I'm at the 6. An incompletion and then a TD to TE Dustin Keller. 7-0 Purdue. momentum is mine.

I kick to UT. A couple runs and a short pass for a first down. He hits a bomb on the left side to his TE CHris Brown on a corner route to my 41. I am getting worried now. I stuff him big on two straight runs to put him at 3rd and 17. I use a 3-4 againt a 3 WR set and blitz an ILB. I get a sack. He was untouched. He punts and I faircatch at the 18.

My ballI throw an immediate post to #9 Bryant to midfield. Two runs and no gain. End of the QTR. 3rd and ten. Bryant is blinking so I go to my "in the zone" impact player on a fly and the defender tips it. Dang... I punt and he faircatches at the 15. I am ahead and am winning the field position battle.

USArugger pounds it at me on the ground for a first down. Then he hits a deep out to Meachem all the way to the 46. Ainge got it off just as he was getting hit. He then runs at will to my 32. Hits his TE on the left side to my 14. I stuff two runs and then he hits Meachem for a TD. 7-7 and I am worried. I am blitzing on every single down by the way because there is no other way to get heat on his QB. 1:56 to go in the half.

I get the ball and run for seven. On 2nd and three I decide to gamble up top and I throw an incompletion (overthrow) a wide open WR on a fly. I then line up in the I. He knows I am running the option. So I do. :bleh!: BUt I run the triple option and give it to the FB up the gut for the first down :lol2tn: USArugger says a few choice words and I had to remind him who was taking notes... I have him right where I want him. Painter hits Bryant streaking down the left sideline and he gets all the way down to the UT 28. I go to a no huddle and make a big 3rd down completion on an in-route that I called on a hot route because he was playing man coverage. I lob one up to Bryant in the endzone incompelte and then I hit WR #89 Imgraham
for a TD on a corner route in the right rear corner of the endzone. 14-7 with 11 seconds left in the half. I kick to him and two bombs are incomplete. End of the half. I am happy wit the lead against a better team. THe momentum meter has been in my favor since the early fumble.

2nd half: I get the kick and #20 Chattams drop my forst pass right in his hands. By the way, I am going with about 60% pass and 40% run. THis is rare for me since I usually run. However, since I have been playing with my Vandy guy on legend mode, I have been trying to get more passing yards. It is really helping my overall game. I hit Ingraham on a fly up the right side to his 38. Then I hit bryant on the left side (hook route) for a first down. After that, Keller drops the ball. Hit a pass to Bryant over the middle to the 7. I am back in the shotgun and I run out of the shotgun for the first time. A counter sweep to the right. TD. USArugger throws his controller and goes to get another beer :lol: 21-7 with 3 minutes left in the third.

UT ball and he goes three and out :wall: USArugger is mad. I am putting crazy pressure on him.

I get it back and immediately score. The TD was a playaction pass to Bryant. I did actually run a few and I burned the end of the QTR. 28-7.

UT gets a big return from #12 Lucas Taylor to my 24. A couple plays later he scores. 28-14.

He tries an onside kick and I get it. Things get uglier and I win 42-14.

Confused and the Big Ten are now 4-1. Gotta love it...

USArugger hates it!!!!
[/b][/quote]
No offence to USA Rugger, but how the hell do you get your arse handed to you by Purdue... especially when playing as the Vols.

No offence to USA Rugger, but how the hell do you get your arse handed to you by Purdue... especially when playing as the Vols.[/b]

I'm not sure anyone knows how you manage to do that... It could be the amount of liquid testosterone he had consumed that day :bana:

No offence to USA Rugger, but how the hell do you get your arse handed to you by Purdue... especially when playing as the Vols.[/b]

I'm not sure anyone knows how you manage to do that... It could be the amount of liquid testosterone he had consumed that day :bana:
[/b]

The lesson here is don't drink and play NCAA football when your opponent is sober...

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The lesson here is don't drink and play NCAA football when your opponent is sober...
[/b][/quote]

Blame it on the beer :p

<div class='quotemain'>
<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

[/b][/quote]

Blame it on the beer :p
[/b][/quote]

If you gotta blame someone it might as well be the beer...

OK,

So I just beat Confused yesterday to notch one up for the SEC. South Carolina over Penn State. Funn y how playing sober makes a big difference. I think Joe Pa was running to the latrine.

Anyway, confused said he would write the story off his daughter's notes... but I thought I would gloat a little first.

OK,

So I just beat Confused yesterday to notch one up for the SEC. South Carolina over Penn State. Funn y how playing sober makes a big difference. I think Joe Pa was running to the latrine.

Anyway, confused said he would write the story off his daughter's notes... but I thought I would gloat a little first.
[/b]

Yeah, yeah. I guess that is what cockiness will do to you. Add the dang momentum meter and it can get ugly.

I started with the ball (we played at Virginia). PSU was in their classic whites. I was feeling good about this game and ready to put another Butt-whoopin on USArugger. FIrst drive I got a couple first downs (nice mix of run and pass) and then got stuffed when I went for it on 4th and inches.

USC (the other one) got the ball and ran three straight up the gut to get a first down, but then I get a big sack from #20 (Tim Shaw) on 3rd and long to force the punt. I got the ball back and I was pounding it with #26 Tony Hunt to about midfield. THe first quarter ended 0-0. On the first play of the second quarter, Hunt ran over the USC MLB (#52 Jasper Brinkley) in the hole over the left guard and outran everyone else to the endzone on a fifty yard scamper. 7-0 PSU. Now I am feeling really good.

USC gets it back and USArugger proceeds to put on an offensive clinic. He mixes up the run and the pass beautifully, converts some nice third-down plays, and finishes it off with a sweet 16 yard TD in the right corner of the endzone. I had a cover-2 man on and the safety could not get over in time to stop #4 (WR Sidney Rice) from hauling in the TD. Rice is a true stud (more on him later). 7-7 tie.

PSU gets it back. Big return to the 37. Tony Hunt is still hot. He blasts for a couple first downs on the ground. 4-5 yards a pop. I try a play-action and get sacked by the other Brinkley LB (Casper). From there it gets ugly and I get sacked on a third down play. I should have stuck with the run. I punt it to USC with :52 on the clock before the half.

On USC's first play, QB Blake Mitchell hits #11 Kenny McKinlry in stride as he is streaking down the left sideline. A 93 yard TD.

PSU gets it back and I run put the clock. 14-7 USC at the half.

USC gets the ball and USArugger goes back to a classic offense. Mixing up tough runs by #25 Mike Davis with pass plays. He is running all kinds of crossing routes and it is killing my zone D. THe blitz can't get to the QB either so it is getting very frustrating. WR Sidney Rice is killing me. I send the corner blitz from the right (short) side of the field. USArugger hits Rice on a WR screen for about 20 yards right in the gap in the coverage where the CB was.. How he knew that was coming is beyond me. Finally, Davis blasts over from the one to put USC up 21-7. Momentum is maxed.

I get the ball back. Big return again by #2 Derrick Williams to the 40. I go right back to pounding the ball with Hunt and I score fairly quickly and easily to get the gap back to one TD (21-14). 4:16 left in the fourth QTR.

USArugger screws me up here. I figure he will pound the rock, but he gets in the shotgun with 3 receivers and runs these crossing routes all the way for a TD. I am trying everything but I can't stop him. He stays in-bounds and runs the clock down between plays so he scores to go up 28-14 and runs two minutes off the clock.

THe USC kicker (#14 Ryan Succup) hammers it for a touchback. I get it at the 20 and go to the air. I hit #24 Jordan Norwood on three straight passes. The last one is a hitch route on the left side. He jukes the CB after the catch, stiff-arms the safety and runs 66 yards for a TD. 28-21 USC with 1:19 left. Momentum is slightly in my favor finally and I feel the love coming on.

I have to do the onn-side kick and I don't get it. USC gets it at my 45. Big blast up the gut for 16 yards by Davis, but then they are called for excessive celebration and it gets called back. He gets another first down and then I hold him to 4th and 13 on the 31. Since he made the first down I am out of timeouts and he runs the clock almost down (17 seconds) and Succup boots a 48 yard FG to go up 31-21.

I get the ball back 10 points down with about 12 seconds left. I throw up two incomplete bombs.

USArugger and USC win 31-21. It was a great game.

I think I am 4-2 now and so is the Big Ten.

USArugger hits Rice on a WR screen for about 20 yards right in the gap in the coverage where the CB was.. How he knew that was coming is beyond me. Finally, Davis blasts over from the one to put USC up 21-7. Momentum is maxed. [/b]

I had no idea the CB was blitzing. I had the play called and was actually going deep but I hit the wrong button :bana:

The TD before the half was what kicked his butt. Here I have it on my seven and Confused knows i am running out the clock so I say "What the heck" and chuck a bomb deep and get a 90+ yard TD pass. That was beautiful. It pegged the momentum meter and it stayed in my favor the rest of the game.

Lost in the WRs who were somehow wide open on those crossing routes is the fact that Davis had almost 150 yards on the ground.

Three big big plays (over 50 yards) in that game. That is really rare when we play each other.

the best routes on the game for receivers without a doubt are the corner routes... if you run those. i gaurantee you will slay your oponent.. what i do is call the play, roll out to the side i want then find the pocket in the zone between the linebacker and the corner for a big gain.. try it you'll see

it works in man v man coverage to!

SO I just beat USArugger and Arkansas with Michigan State. Very nice. We played the game at Outzen Stadium in Oregon in a snow storm. If he doesn't write the story within a couple of days, I will...

Latest posts