• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Big Ten vs. SEC Challenge

I think we need to make this more even for poor old USARugger, surely it must be boring laying the beat down and again Mr Confused.

yeah honestly i do like reading the stories :)
[/b]

Dude, we will write the next one. It took us too long. I did have a sweet play though. I hit the WR on the right side on a 10-yard hitch. The CB was right there so I hit the Juke stick and left the CB's jock on the field. Then I gunned the sprint button and beat the safety to the endzone for a 60 yard TD.

THe main thing about the game which ended up 24-14 in Michigan State's favor was that USArugger stuffed my runn attack but with Drew Stanton as my QB, I tore him up through the air. That is something that never happens.

We will try to play tomorrow.

thats cool

what is a 10 yard hitch? and i guess that you mean that you left CB's jock on the field you outran him? by alot or something?

:D

thats cool

what is a 10 yard hitch? and i guess that you mean that you left CB's jock on the field you outran him? by alot or something?

[/b]

A hitch route is a route where the WR fakes like he is going deep like on a fly pattern. As soon as he gets the DB to turn his hips to cover him deep, the WR simply turns around to get the ball. Usually this is about a 5 yd route. At ten yards you might call this a hook route. Bottom line is that the WR sprinted downfield like he was going deep and then turned around to get the ball while the CB was still running deep. It is a timing route because you can't throw it late or the DB can recover. SO my WR got the ball about the time the DB and a LB were converging on him. Whne I hit the juke stick, it was perfectly timed (by accident) and the WR hit a gap between the LB and the CB and left them both grabbing nothing but air. That is where the "jock on the field" part comes in. It should have been an easy tackle for the CB, but when I hit the juke stick he missed my WR. Basically I faked him out of his jock. At that point I had the slower LB trailing me and I only had to beat the safety to the endzone.

So no, the "jock on the field" does not mean you outran the guy, it means that you completely faked him out and left him standing there looking stupid.

That happens to me sometimes playing rugby. When the 13 has the ball and it is only me (the 11) standing there and I have both the 13 and the 14 to contend with sometimes the 13 can make you look really stupid when he fakes the pitch to the 14 and you go for it and then he runs the ball for about 20 yards before the 15 can catch him.

By the way, I am 5-2 now and so is the Big Ten. So ya'll may think that it is a big joke, but USArugger has whooped my butt twice.

Latest posts