• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The e-mail

all SH commentators are shite.
<

How much does it suck to be an Irish or Welsh supporter and either never beaten the All Blacks or at least not in the last fifty years? Cavan may think that all SH commentators suck but at least the SH rugby players, unlike their northern counterparts, do not. Ha-ha!

BigTen,were you even born the last time a kiwi got to touch the William Webb Ellis trophy?

Originally posted by nosferatu@May 16 2005, 10:58 PM
BigTen,were you even born the last time a kiwi got to touch the William Webb Ellis trophy?
well, since there has only been a handfull of world cups i dont think this is relevant. england has won the last world cup, what else in the last 100yrs? NOTHING!.

and this was about southern hemisphere teams anyway so whats the tally on north vs south.

but thats off topic anyway.

nz comentators are crap. but it irritates the **** out of me having a diffrent accent though. im sure if i had the same accent im sure they would be better though...

Originally posted by sambad5@May 17 2005, 07:45 PM
well, since there has only been a handfull of world cups i dont think this is relevant. england has won the last world cup, what else in the last 100yrs? NOTHING!
Enlighten me,compared to that big NOTHING,what has NZ won?
<

Anyway,why do you take it personally?I was talking to that probably 10 year old who thinks it's ok to be slamming two proud rugby nations and a whole hemisphere,all based on the test history against NZ.The fact remains that,when it really mattered,you kiwis were all talk except once in 5 world championships..and that was loooooong time ago.

Sorry 4 the offtopic,yes,NH commentators rule and,despite of the accent,BRING BACK BILL McLaren
<

I'm a kiwi...and I think they're great personally - and, yes, the best in the super 12 by far.

Not exactly stiff competition though....

Kearnzy gets into it...

Kiwi ones are alright...only alright.

the sa ones seem too invested and desperate.....glossing over incidents etc...not good for following what is happening.

Being a bit more serious than my last post, I think they should regionalise (SP for my made up word? ) the commentary - Stuart barnes and Miles Harrisson for the NH (IE Sky's team - f*** Brian 'fat lipped c***' Moore and the other *** on BBC), and whoever does the commentary at the individual SA, Oz and NZ S12 matches.

Just a thought.

stuart barnes is a f***ing waste of space as he was on the field. a fat talentless twat who cannot make comment but instead passes judgement upon players (from both hemispheres) whos boots he is not fit to lick clean. he is the parasite of rugby commentary with the insight of of a lettuce.

ahem, sorry wrong meeting.

seriously tho bring back bill, he could call a match. the welsh (not eddie jones) and irish guys are not too bad. never really rated the sh guys, but for fun its got to be greg and phil even if they permanently sound on the brink of a passionate rendition of waltzing matilda.

ps, you aussies, did you know that the tune for waltzing matilda is actually the swedish national anthem. you theiving ********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div>
How much does it suck to be an Irish or Welsh supporter and either never beaten the All Blacks or at least not in the last fifty years? Cavan may think that all SH commentators suck but at least the SH rugby players, unlike their northern counterparts, do not. Ha-ha![/b]

Sorry I had brain spasm when I wrote that thread and forgot to mentoin how inferior in some many ways NH players are
<

But c'mon you have to agree that alot of SH commentators are quick poor, not just in rugby but other sports as well.

Originally posted by nosferatu+May 18 2005, 12:35 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nosferatu @ May 18 2005, 12:35 AM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-sambad5
@May 17 2005, 07:45 PM

well, since there has only been a handfull of world cups i dont think this is relevant. england has won the last world cup, what else in the last 100yrs? NOTHING!
Enlighten me,compared to that big NOTHING,what has NZ won?
<
[/b]
The Americas cup baby! Not once - but twice.

England have been trying for around 150 years to get and they still havent got it - while it took us just 8...

As well as the fact the English Rugby team has only beaten us around 4 times in the last 30 years...

nosferatu (yawn!),

Yes - I was alive during the 1987 World Cup campaign and I was actually there at Eden Park to watch the systematic demolition of the French by the All Blacks. The match remains the most comprehensive victory in a World Cup final so far.

And I have actually had the pleasure of holding the trophy in my own sweaty hands at HQ in Wellington during the time that NZ held the world cup.

Now I didn't mean to demean rugby players from the NH but let's face it if someone insults all SH commentators - feel free to insult the Australian ones I don't mind - then I will bite back with something that I am sure will get a rise.

And I don't actually think that all NH player's are crap - that is clearly untrue.

Now nosferatu - how long have you been following rugby? Since 2003? Thought so! Well I guess now that a big bad American has bought your beloved Manchester United I guess you do need something else to get you through those dark and lonely nights.

the americas cup?
that is what new zealanders have been doing. the height of sporting acheivement in nz? come on you must have done something more. dont get me wrong the all blacks are undeniably the best team in history and probably today. but if the americas cup is THE OTHER THING you have won in the last hundred years (or 5 in reality) thats not much of a comeback is it?

world bungie jumping champions?

world record for least vowels per sentence?

i dunno, you have to have something better than a couple of americas cup wins in a hundred year history.

Who cares? England and New Zealand are both crap. Period. Now go watch some television.

Originally posted by BigTen@May 18 2005, 09:57 PM
Now nosferatu - how long have you been following rugby?  Since 2003?  Thought so!  Well I guess now that a big bad American has bought your beloved Manchester United I guess you do need something else to get you through those dark and lonely nights.
Huh?
<

Sorry to disappoint you,but I'm not English.Nor do I support their national team,for that matter.
You seem to know a lot about soccer..are you sure you're on the right forum?

Originally posted by Wally@May 19 2005, 12:18 AM
Who cares? England and New Zealand are both crap. Period. Now go watch some television.
Funny... I don't see Australia with any tropheys at the moment...

Originally posted by Teh Mite+May 19 2005, 07:55 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 19 2005, 07:55 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 19 2005, 12:18 AM
Funny... I don't see Australia with any tropheys at the moment... [/b]
In rugby union.. no. Mate, I really don't want to get into the whole we're better than you at sports thing. You know we are, so just cop it on the chin and go play some darts or something.

Originally posted by Wally+May 19 2005, 08:28 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 19 2005, 08:28 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 19 2005, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 19 2005, 12:18 AM

Funny... I don't see Australia with any tropheys at the moment...
In rugby union.. no. Mate, I really don't want to get into the whole we're better than you at sports thing. You know we are, so just cop it on the chin and go play some darts or something. [/b]
Which sports would those be?

If you wanna bring the point up, back it up!
<

i am a kiwi and i hate to admit it but in general the aussies are better at sports than us... they just pour so much money into it. Look at their cricket team they are just so dominant, the olympics they win a hell of a lot there 2, they just have to much money to waste on sport when it can go to other places. The wallabies are always hard to beat, and they did hold t he bledisloe cup for a bit last time they had it didn't they (can't remember all the facts but eh who knows)

kiwis what have we won? a few medals, world champs/olympic champs at triathalon, some kind of rowing, all blacks are pretty good but lately i feel they have been up and down (especially last year)

but this is just my opinion
<
that seams to be my catch phrase
<

Latest posts