• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The e-mail

Originally posted by Teh Mite+May 20 2005, 04:40 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Teh Mite @ May 20 2005, 04:40 AM)</div>
Originally posted by Wally@May 19 2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 19 2005, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 19 2005, 12:18 AM
Who cares? England and New Zealand are both crap. Period. Now go watch some television.

Funny... I don't see Australia with any tropheys at the moment...

In rugby union.. no. Mate, I really don't want to get into the whole we're better than you at sports thing. You know we are, so just cop it on the chin and go play some darts or something.
Which sports would those be?

If you wanna bring the point up, back it up!
<
[/b]
It's just stating the obvious though. *Sigh*

AUSTRALIA vs ENGLAND

Rugby league (Australia)
Rugby union (Australia)
Soccer (England) - Mind you, we still beat you last time we played
Tennis (Australia)
Cricket (Australia)
Hockey (Australia)
Olympic and Commenwealth events - On the whole England (or the UK) doesn't even get close

Darts (England)

I don't really know what else there is to compare that is of any major significance. I could go on however, Lawn bowls (Australia) . . .

I sound like a tard writing this, so let us put it behind us eh.

The Aussies are better than us Kiwis at sports.

However the big mystery is that they are not better than Kiwis at ALL sports......... because they should be. They SHOULD be kicking our asses everyday at everything like any decent big brother would do.

So should most of the world. NZ shouldn't even get a look in at World Championships. We should be on the same level as Finland...no not quite.......they still have more people. Hmmmmmm....maybe Tanzania and all those other sparsely populated countries.

We've won world competitions in almost every team sport we have bothered putting our hand to. However we have won more different individual world ***les than the team ones. Still no one is interested in BMX stuff or Woodchopping so most individual ***les never get a mention after the rugby.

This should never happen. Because we barely have enough people to fill our stadiums for the rugby matches
<
It is amazing that we actually have anyone left over intersted in all these other sports.

Our Olympic medal tally should be a 2 or 3 bronze medals over the last 108 years. Not a few gold, silver and bronze every four years. In the scope of the world our pathetic tiny nation shouldn't even get a look in.

In fact any decent Kiwi athlete that has risen to world prominence must have been trained in Australia. NZ born but Aussie raised. You cannot come to anything significant living in NZ.

I am sure when the Lions tour NZ they will be thinking as they move up and down the country "Why are the towns so small and few and far between?"

Originally posted by Gay-Guy@May 20 2005, 04:32 PM

However the big mystery is that they are not better than Kiwis at ALL sports......... because they should be. They SHOULD be kicking our asses everyday at everything like any decent big brother would do.

So should most of the world. NZ shouldn't even get a look in at World Championships. We should be on the same level as Finland...no not quite.......they still have more people. Hmmmmmm....maybe Tanzania and all those other sparsely populated countries.

We've won world competitions in almost every team sport we have bothered putting our hand to. However we have won more different individual world ***les than the team ones. Still no one is interested in BMX stuff or Woodchopping so most individual ***les never get a mention after the rugby.

This should never happen. Because we barely have enough people to fill our stadiums for the rugby matches
<
It is amazing that we actually have anyone left over intersted in all these other sports.

Our Olympic medal tally should be a 2 or 3 bronze medals over the last 108 years. Not a few gold, silver and bronze every four years. In the scope of the world our pathetic tiny nation shouldn't even get a look in.

In fact any decent Kiwi athlete that has risen to world prominence must have been trained in Australia. NZ born but Aussie raised. You cannot come to anything significant living in NZ.

I am sure when the Lions tour NZ they will be thinking as they move up and down the country "Why are the towns so small and few and far between?"
AMEN 2 THAT, well half of it i dont agree wit the 1st part

Originally posted by hurricane13+May 20 2005, 04:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (hurricane13 @ May 20 2005, 04:46 PM)</div>
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 20 2005, 04:32 PM

However the big mystery is that they are not better than Kiwis at ALL sports......... because they should be.  They SHOULD be kicking our asses everyday at everything like any decent big brother would do.

So should most of the world.  NZ shouldn't even get a look in at World Championships.  We should be on the same level as Finland...no not quite.......they still have more people.  Hmmmmmm....maybe Tanzania and all those other sparsely populated countries.

We've won world competitions in almost every team sport we have bothered putting our hand to.  However we have won more different individual world ***les than the team ones.  Still no one is interested in BMX stuff or Woodchopping so most individual ***les never get a mention after the rugby.

This should never happen.  Because we barely have enough people to fill our stadiums for the rugby matches
<

Our Olympic medal tally should be a 2 or 3 bronze medals over the last 108 years.  Not a few gold, silver and bronze every four years.  In the scope of the world our pathetic tiny nation shouldn't even get a look in.

In fact any decent Kiwi athlete that has risen to world prominence must have been trained in Australia.  NZ born but Aussie raised.  You cannot come to anything significant living in NZ.

AMEN 2 THAT, well half of it i dont agree wit the 1st part [/b]
Then if you don't agree with all of it you cannot say "Amen" (I agree), or any other Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic simile.

You can simply say "A-man". "Man" being singular and less than the plural "men" therefore giving the listener complete comrehension of you particular position on the matter. Which is a position of relutance bordering on non-comittal in regard to the fact.

.................the fact being.........................................the Hurricanes will lose tonight despite the valiant/vain efforts of a certain number 13.
<

nosferatu,

Where in my post did I accuse you of being English? And even if I did it would probably be a complement.

Maybe in my next post I should accuse you of being an idiot?

Originally posted by Gay-Guy+May 20 2005, 04:58 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ May 20 2005, 04:58 PM)</div>
Originally posted by hurricane13@May 20 2005, 04:46 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Gay-Guy
@May 20 2005, 04:32 PM

However the big mystery is that they are not better than Kiwis at ALL sports......... because they should be.  They SHOULD be kicking our asses everyday at everything like any decent big brother would do.

So should most of the world.  NZ shouldn't even get a look in at World Championships.  We should be on the same level as Finland...no not quite.......they still have more people.  Hmmmmmm....maybe Tanzania and all those other sparsely populated countries.

We've won world competitions in almost every team sport we have bothered putting our hand to.  However we have won more different individual world ***les than the team ones.  Still no one is interested in BMX stuff or Woodchopping so most individual ***les never get a mention after the rugby.

This should never happen.  Because we barely have enough people to fill our stadiums for the rugby matches
<

Our Olympic medal tally should be a 2 or 3 bronze medals over the last 108 years.  Not a few gold, silver and bronze every four years.  In the scope of the world our pathetic tiny nation shouldn't even get a look in.

In fact any decent Kiwi athlete that has risen to world prominence must have been trained in Australia.  NZ born but Aussie raised.  You cannot come to anything significant living in NZ.

AMEN 2 THAT, well half of it i dont agree wit the 1st part
Then if you don't agree with all of it you cannot say "Amen" (I agree), or any other Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic simile.

You can simply say "A-man". "Man" being singular and less than the plural "men" therefore giving the listener complete comrehension of you particular position on the matter. Which is a position of relutance bordering on non-comittal in regard to the fact.

.................the fact being.........................................the Hurricanes will lose tonight despite the valiant/vain efforts of a certain number 13.
<
[/b]
****!!! i wont argue with that, damn i dont even know wat half of those words mean!!!!! Hurricanes gona lose aye......................................................yea probly, as long as all the hurricanes fans are happy
<
<
<

o yea i was only tryna back u up 2 man

I think that the main reason why Australia achieves so much sporting success (especially at Olympic and Commonwealth games level) comes down to their so-called failure at the 1984 Los Angeles Olympic games. 4 gold , 8 silver and 12 bronze medals left them with a 14th place finish. Compared to NZ's 8th played finish with 8 gold medals this was perceived as a disaster in Australia and after that the Australia Institute of Sport was set up. A lot of tax-payer's money has gone into the AIS since then and that is the main reason why Australia is achieving a high level of success.

Working out the ratio between population and medals at games isn't really worthwhile. The ratio that should be used is money spent by government and medals won.

I think that Australia would be further down that list.

Not that spending money on sports is bad - with obesity levels continuing to rise it should be encouraged.

fair play to australia, they are good at most things and excell at many. its obvious that spending money on sport dramatically improves results. this is not a form of cheating and i think poulation:medals is a fair measure of a countries olympic quality. far more however it is a good indication of a countries commitment to sport.

if britain dont follow the example set by countries such as the usa and australia then the home nations wont be in the competition for later world cups. (look what has happened to scotland in rugby world cups. going from 'nearly finalists' to last gasp wins over 14 man fiji in pool games).

so whatever you think of australia, you cannot deny that they do sport well.

BigTen,I think I've quoted that part..unless,by implying that I've started to follow rugby after England's word cup win and by that little "your beloved Manchester United" brainfart,you were really trying to say something else..and failing miserably.

Isn't there an Arena thread for this kind of cheap offtopic posts?

Originally posted by hurricane13@May 20 2005, 08:09 PM
o yea i was only tryna back u up 2 man
I know..............I was just bored and had nothing better to do but go back in time and pretend I was still studying.
<

Sorry bout the result of the game......................I think all NZ players should go to Canterbury and do an apprenticeship. It seems like their coaching system turns rejects into stars. I mean Scott Hanilton 3 tries? What is up with that? Rico Gear top season try scorer and on the verge of breaking a record? And of all people to do deft little kicks........Caleb Ralph?

Isn't there an Arena thread for this kind of cheap offtopic posts?

Umm gee nosferatu - why don't you go there and stay there then, huh?

I'm going to reopen this. Nothing off topic please. Let's just make one big Supa games concept - even bigger than what we've got.

BTW. I scrapped the e-mail idea.

This has nothing to do with Lattimorx as this topic was started before that idea floated into my head.

Originally posted by Wally+May 20 2005, 03:33 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Wally @ May 20 2005, 03:33 PM)</div>
Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 20 2005, 04:40 AM
Originally posted by Wally@May 19 2005, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Teh Mite@May 19 2005, 07:55 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@May 19 2005, 12:18 AM
Who cares? England and New Zealand are both crap. Period. Now go watch some television.

Funny... I don't see Australia with any tropheys at the moment...

In rugby union.. no. Mate, I really don't want to get into the whole we're better than you at sports thing. You know we are, so just cop it on the chin and go play some darts or something.

Which sports would those be?

If you wanna bring the point up, back it up!
<
It's just stating the obvious though. *Sigh*

AUSTRALIA vs ENGLAND

Rugby league (Australia)
Rugby union (Australia)
Soccer (England) - Mind you, we still beat you last time we played
Tennis (Australia)
Cricket (Australia)
Hockey (Australia)
Olympic and Commenwealth events - On the whole England (or the UK) doesn't even get close

Darts (England)

I don't really know what else there is to compare that is of any major significance. I could go on however, Lawn bowls (Australia) . . .

I sound like a tard writing this, so let us put it behind us eh. [/b]
Er can I correct you on two

Rugby Union (England - beat Australia at Twickenham)
Cricket (England - Ashes victory)

I agree with the rest

Latest posts