Group C Saturday 27th October 2007, KO 14:30
Gloucester Rugby Newcastle Falcons

Group A Saturday 27th October 2007, KO 15:00
Dragons London Wasps

Group A Saturday 27th October 2007, KO 17:30
London Irish Harlequins

Group C Sunday 28th October 2007, KO 15:00
Bristol Rugby Llanelli Scarlets

I realise some English posters think this tournament is pointless, but nevertheless, the top teams from both Wales and England will be playing with their best players, so please get behind your teams :)

<div align="center">DISCUSSION! PREDICT WINNERS....etc!</div>

<div align="center">DISCUSSION! PREDICT WINNERS....etc!
[/b][/quote]

The bank managers will be the winners and rugby will be the loser.

The EDF Energy Trophy is where it's at!

<div class='quotemain'>
<div align="center">DISCUSSION! PREDICT WINNERS....etc!
[/b][/quote]

The bank managers will be the winners and rugby will be the loser.

The EDF Energy Trophy is where it's at!
[/b][/quote]
What he said. The <strike>Anglo-Welsh</strike> Mickey Mouse cup is a pathetic money spinner taking place at the expense of developing club rugby in England.

What he said. The <strike>Anglo-Welsh</strike> Mickey Mouse cup is a pathetic money spinner taking place at the expense of developing club rugby in England. [/b]

Hope we stay in the Trophy 'til the later rounds...Saints V Waterloo. We'll drink your beer all afternoon and take it all in, you can happily put 10 tries on us. Everyone's 'appy! Larvely!

I'll make the effort for a jolly north if it comes to that, failing that you can crash here and we'll have another TRF meetup with the whole gang!

Good news chaps! The RFU, Premier Rugby and the WRU got together to make a new trophy for the EDF Cup!

7350002900588.jpg

For the last time Matt: WE! DON'T! CARE!

That's fine, you can carry on not carring and go back to your Guinness premiership that's so great because..why? Oh yeah, because teams can get relegated which gives OTHERS a chance to move up into the Guinness Premiership. Only, your teams in the National League 1 are so bad that (using this season as a prime example) they will not be able to get promoted...ever.
Northampton will go back up, someone else will go down.
Wow...sounds EXACTLY like the Magners league, only we don't waste our time shoving one team down a league before bringing them back up the very next season.
:p

When I die Matt, I'm going to the Magners League so that I can attone for my sins and eventually gain entrance to heaven.

Want to know why?

Because the Magners League is purgatory.

Also get it right, we have a double header super-dooper special at the start of the season and a big (and rather pointless) cup to win at the end of it! Far bigger than the £5 special that the Magners League has!

I do not want one RWC player apart from Tom Rees to play in the EDF Cup for Wasps. It is simply not worth it, a cup where Wales sides beat 3rd string English sides until they all f*** up and an English side wins it all.

I won't bemoan if Wasps win it, but for struggling clubs like Leeds and Worcester and ***le pushing sides these are matches that take away from important games in the future.

Sky Sports showed a Div1 match on sky sports yesterday, much like the minnows in the RWC, they showed heart, skill and passion. We want the up and coming English sides like Doncaster, London Welsh and Northampton back.

Bath 20 - 14 Leicester
Yep, we don't care about it, unless it means beating the current champions :D

I do not want one RWC player apart from Tom Rees to play in the EDF Cup for Wasps. It is simply not worth it, a cup where Wales sides beat 3rd string English sides until they all f*** up and an English side wins it all.

I won't bemoan if Wasps win it, but for struggling clubs like Leeds and Worcester and ***le pushing sides these are matches that take away from important games in the future.

Sky Sports showed a Div1 match on sky sports yesterday, much like the minnows in the RWC, they showed heart, skill and passion. We want the up and coming English sides like Doncaster, London Welsh and Northampton back. [/b]
You forgot the....
Cornish Pirates, Exeter... Always been up near the top of NL1 and always playing some great rugby...

Thought Cardiff were very impressive on Friday night, even if Sale were missing some big players in the likes of Sheridan, Chabal and White. Be interesting to see how they go in the Heineken Cup when there is actually pressure to win.

As for Worcester this afternoon - I'm both confused and embarassed as to how they managed to stay up at our expense last season. They're an absolute joke. All credit to the Ospreys for sticking the boot in, but a decent side would actually have taken advantage of the Welsh region's stumbling set-piece. Great backs, but unless they get some grunt into their pack, they're going to fall short once again.

Thought Cardiff were very impressive on Friday night, even if Sale were missing some big players in the likes of Sheridan, Chabal and White. Be interesting to see how they go in the Heineken Cup when there is actually pressure to win.[/b]

Sure they put some points on the board, but there if they played against a side that had some sort of imagination, back skills, and some defensive structure they would have lost. Although entertaining, too many times were Cardiff going into contact in one's and two's. They were isolating themselves, and for some reason that Irish ref refused to call them for holding on. As well they weren't committing enough players to the breakdown. They were getting sloppy ball and there should have been many more turnovers from counter rucking. They got off pretty easy. There's going to come a time when Xavier Rush has to balls up and hit some rucks instead of pretending he's an outside back.

Surprisingly entertaining affair though, at least when Cardiff had the ball.

Bath 20 - 14 Leicester
Yep, we don't care about it, unless it means beating the current champions :D

<div class='quotemain'> I do not want one RWC player apart from Tom Rees to play in the EDF Cup for Wasps. It is simply not worth it, a cup where Wales sides beat 3rd string English sides until they all f*** up and an English side wins it all.

Sky Sports showed a Div1 match on sky sports yesterday, much like the minnows in the RWC, they showed heart, skill and passion. We want the up and coming English sides like Doncaster, London Welsh and Northampton back. [/b]
You forgot the....
Cornish Pirates, Exeter... Always been up near the top of NL1 and always playing some great rugby...
[/b][/quote]

Anyone but Bedford though...seriously...

well ospreys just beat a very poor wocester side. was an entertaining game on the whole, but a practically first string ospreys side gave (which i presume) a second string wocester side a woopin. a shame really , cause they didn't deserve it. I thought the game really showed the difference in playing styles between Wales and England. Ospreys played a very open and expansive game, shown through all tries (7 in total) being scored by backs! with Wocester playing a very forward orientated game, despite only scoring once , which came from a cross kick. good start for welsh teams so far. but obviously we've gotta take into consideration that the england national players aren't back yet, but the style of rugby i don't think will change much. oh well looking forward to tonight and 2morro's macthes now!!!!

Nope, Worcester are just ****. I'm pretty sure they weren't missing too many players, they really are that poor.

They can't be consistently that poor.
I mean, for the Saints to have gone down last season Worcester must have put up a few good performances.
I saw saints beat Leicester last season and it was an absolute cracker...how did this relegation happen if the warriors are that bad?
I'm not criticising, or stirring **** here, i'm just curious as to how this all came about for your boys, Webby.

We didn't have a pack last year, plus we had a horrible injury list. This year we're carving up NL1 with a team that is actually better than the one that got relegated.

Could suprise a few people when we're back up next year. Well perhaps not suprise, just catch somewhat cold...