• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The English National Anthem

God Save The Queen is ****.

Number one, it involves the monarch; I hate the royal family.
Number two, it involves God, and I hate him too.
Number three, IT ISN'T ROUSING FFS. It's basically a prayer about the queen.

What are the great anthems? Hen Wlad gladys or whatever; marseillaise... Jerusalem would be among that list. It's rousing, England is mentioned by name and your spine tingles at the Clouds unfold bit.

I Vow To Thee My Country & Land Of Hope And Glory would be my next choices in that order.

But TBH I'd rather have f***ing Vindaloo than GSTQ [/b]

Italy's National Anthem is one of the best, very rousing.

What are the great anthems? Hen Wlad gladys or whatever; marseillaise... Jerusalem would be among that list. It's rousing, England is mentioned by name and your spine tingles at the Clouds unfold bit.

I Vow To Thee My Country & Land Of Hope And Glory would be my next choices in that order.

But TBH I'd rather have f***ing Vindaloo than GSTQ
[/b]

Okay, now stop pulling punches and tell us all how you really feel bud :p

But TBH I'd rather have f***ing Vindaloo than GSTQ
[/b]

I hate the national anthem if i force to sing it i don't sing it. I don't preach to bullshit thing (walk across the water wtf) to motivate my daily life.

We should just get a london rapper like Dizzee Rascal to do make a rap for the national anthem.

He's not my favourite rapper i actually hate his voice but seeing as england need a new anthem and that the stadium is in london why not have a london guy make up a new anthem.

He's not my favourite rapper i actually hate his voice but seeing as england need a new anthem and that the stadium is in london why not have a london guy make up a new anthem. [/b]

1. Because rap music is ********

and

2. London does not constitute the whole of England

I detest what the Brutish Empire did in Ireland - but the Queen gets my vote, only ... she won't accept it.

Dignified granny who's seen it all and sticks with tradition.

Great to hear the English sing for her, but the tune needs a bit of pace and percussion.

How's about this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSSSiWoc9xU

... seems to fit the spirit of the English experience, especially in the 6N before they "got up again" last September.

Latest posts