• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The English Rugby Stadium/Attendance thread

See world rugby have fast tracked allowing pro players to wear tights,
Presumably due to complaints about 4G pitches from the RPA

See world rugby have fast tracked allowing pro players to wear tights,
Presumably due to complaints about 4G pitches from the RPA

Ban the pitches and OK the tights in the meantime.

The major issue is the injuries so this is hopefully the first step in acknowledging that

Im totally open to whatever pitches, but how do you solve a problem like Kingston Park where the winter weather makes the pitch a huge problem?

Or do we just put a roof over it and be done?

Bath - The Rec

• Will have an extra 2000 temporary seats added for the 2014/15 and 2015/16 seasons - for a capacity of just under 14,000.
  • Close to 7,000 season tickets have been sold - breaking the old record of 6,200.
  • Planning permission still pending on the 16,500 seat redevelopment. If granted it should look a little like this:

Clicked this thread and it went to the first page. It's depressing how little this has progressed with the plans being scaled down further. Bath -> NIMBY central.
Also: https://midsomernorton.nub.news/n/b...notice-over-impending-breach-of-planning-rule

Much as I like having the stadium in the centre of Bath, I'm moving more towards the GTFO out Bath city centre mentality and just have the stadium elsewhere. It's pretty clear the city as a whole just want to constantly throw obstructions up against the club and they act like they would rather not have anything there at all. If Bath don't want the rugby club in the city then ****'em.

Last edited:
Makes perfect sense. Let's not let Bath make a permanent structure that could better blend in the local environment and instead have basically temporary scaffolding that only get's taken down for a small part of the year.................

Makes perfect sense. Let's not let Bath make a permanent structure that could better blend in the local environment and instead have basically temporary scaffolding that only get's taken down for a small part of the year.................
Do'nt forget the existing concrete monstrosity that would be massively improved by... just about anything.

Do'nt forget the existing concrete monstrosity that would be massively improved by... just about anything.
And the fact the currently derelict waterfront would be completely revamped and it would have a whole load of shops and cafes etc, giving life to an area that is otherwise dead stadium or no stadium...

It really is NIMBY for the sake of it. There have been so many concessions and improvements built into the stadium for the locals and their priority still seems to be punishing Bath for not dismantling the stands (which were used for vaccine distribution) during a pandemic when it's difficult to get the people needed to do it. Unbelievable...

A perfect example of NIMBYism in action, look at many seaside towns. Things were thriving and many got full of NIMBYs who refused to move with the times and keep changing and reinvesting, many have become slums as a result. Not saying that will happen in Bath but damn people have got to stop opposing stuff for the sake of opposing it.

If it wasn't built by the Georgians, it shouldn't have been built at all!

Only exception to this rule is stuff built by the Romans

Don't know why tights need to be okayed on all surfaces. Why can't it just be on artificial turf?

A lot of games are played on turf here in the states and at the lower levels we've allowed tights (unofficially) just cause turf burn sucks. I'd love to see turf banned but it's just makes economic sense for some clubs and universities.

I think they were explicitly allowe for the ladies (for purposes of religious modesty), but not for men, so it's just evening things up

I think they were explicitly allowe for the ladies (for purposes of religious modesty), but not for men, so it's just evening things up
"modesty"

Seriously though what's the argument against tights.

I get players wanted to wear tights especially for keeping hamstrings nice and warm when people have problems with them. I also think they look stupid and wouldn't be caught dead in them. I wear shorts all year round anyhow. Flip flops, shorts and a hoodie is my standard dress code all year.

Either way unless there is a serious issue about them stopping or hindering tackles (is that even an issue) I can't see what the problem is with them.

Latest posts