• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Godfather

it helps to have your stats right up before you takes over the warehouses & hubs..purchasing a mean gun helps alot too...seek out the upgrades in the different suburbs & the golden guns are wicked

Thanks,

I bought the level 2 Sat Night Special and the Level 3 assassins automatic pistol with a 14-round mag. Helps a lot. I am whacking the snot out of people. The ability to hold 140 rounds of pistol ammo helps too. i like the pistols better than the other guns. Is a shotgun upgrade worthwhile?

Did you notice that everytime you upgrade a gun you get attacked?

It's funny because I was wondering what in the hell to do with the $600,000 I had amassed. The answer, buy better guns!!!!!!

The upgraded tommy gun is good, but it costs 500,000 grand!

Excellent game btw, i prefer it to GTA now. Executions are pretty fun!

I haven't done the car execution yet. Do you hold the guy and toss him out in the street in front of a car or what?

Lately I've been knee-capping guys and then walking up to them and snapping their necks bare-handed. The grand-slam with the baseball bat is OK too...

this game sounds real violent! is this the 360 version? i may look at getting it after saint's row. i'm not allowed any more games coz my gf just found out how much i payed for my xbox360 package and she's real ****** coz i told her it only cost $719 but really it was $1500 haha.. i know.. pussy whipped to the days lol.

What happens after you take over all the other family compounds? I have one left to go. I think it is kind of cheesy that you don't have wipe out all their businesses too.

I got it the other day. The frame rate drops on to a really bad level whenenever there is an explosion, smoke, etc. Does anyone else experience that? Other than that it seems to be pretty enjoyable game.

How do I change my clothes though?

Originally posted by Wally@Apr 22 2006, 07:21 PM
I got it the other day. The frame rate drops on to a really bad level whenenever there is an explosion, smoke, etc. Does anyone else experience that? Other than that it seems to be pretty enjoyable game.

On the PS2 you have to save your game and then quit. At the screen after you load the game you have the option to join the family, go to the tailor shop, go to the barber, etc... Go to the tailor shop and you can change your clothes.

Originally posted by Confused+Apr 22 2006, 09:54 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Wally
@Apr 22 2006, 07:21 PM

On the PS2 you have to save your game and then quit. At the screen after you load the game you have the option to join the family, go to the tailor shop, go to the barber, etc... Go to the tailor shop and you can change your clothes. [/b]
I'm not too sure what you mean. In the start menu under family secrets there is a video called join the family. Or do you have to do something while you're actually playing? I went to the barber shop once but you couldn't do anything there.

On Xbox you just push the start button and go to the barber shop were you can change everything.

to become the Don of NYC you need to take over every business, every racket & bomb all the safes

I hired this game and loved it, looking to buy the Limited Edition version soon for PS2.

Originally posted by top gun@Apr 24 2006, 08:07 AM
to become the Don of NYC you need to take over every business, every racket & bomb all the safes
OK,

So the end sucks then. I may have to go back to NASCAR or NCAA. Maybe Rugby 2006. Who knows. I don't feel like running around from business to business. What if I just kill all the owners and board them all up?

i've kinda got bored of this game now, it gets repetitive and tedious after a while. Playing NFL street now for the laugh!

Originally posted by top gun@Apr 24 2006, 08:07 AM
I found out this is not quite accurate. I bacame the Don of NYC without taking over every business in NY. A was also a bunch of businesses short in New Jersey. I wiped out all the family compounds and after I completed a bunch of assassinations, they called me back to a big meeting at a Hotel in Little Italy and they made me the Don of NYC. Once you reach that level you have unlimited ammo. The only thing left to do now is take the rest of the businesses.

Got sick of waiting for the 360 version, and hired out the xbox version. I think its pretty good. How long do the story missions last, and how many "hit" missions are there? I found that taking down warehouses seemed a bit silly by yourself, like rambo or something, can you get some goons to come along? How do you get bombs, I can get dynamite but not bombs? Do more clothes become available as you progress?

I was impressed by the xbox graphics, so i can only imagine how good it will look on th 360, im up to the horses head mission, but now that ive had a taste, im going to wait for 360 version.

Latest posts