• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Golf Thread

Rory's short game is masterclass. Smith is on fire with putter. Gonna be great.

Rory always seems to have 1 meh round and today it was that but lets be fair Smith pulled out a massive Sunday

Yeah, he didn't even play bad today, burning edges all day. 36 putts in a round of 70 is insane tee to green golf. Weirdly I'm a bit more confident that he'll win one or two more in the future, too good not to and that should really give him confident not to lose a tournament on a stretch of 6-9 terrible holes.

Congratulations to Cameron Smith. ⛳

**** him, off to the LIV tour as soon as he cashes out for the maximum he can on the PGA this year by not committing until after the FedEx Cup Playoffs.

Really worried about the short to medium term future of golf with all this, 54 hole novelty tournaments on worse standard or Trump courses isn't exactly entertainment in my opinion.

Smith confirmed with a few others. Be interesting to see what happens once the ranking decision gets made.

Rory going to take a 3 shot lead (****** up 18, really should be 5) into the final round whilst there's video evidence showing Patrick Reed getting away with cheating, he's 4 back.

Nice when the good guys are winning!

Reed came back into that and really put the pressure on, Mcilroy makes an excellent birdie after finding some trouble off the tee on 18 to win by one (would have been 2 but for Reed's error/cheating yesterday), great entertainment so early in the season.

Two fantastic tournaments this week actually, Homa showed serious class in Torrey.

Reed came back into that and really put the pressure on, Mcilroy makes an excellent birdie after finding some trouble off the tee on 18 to win by one (would have been 2 but for Reed's error/cheating yesterday), great entertainment so early in the season.

Two fantastic tournaments this week actually, Homa showed serious class in Torrey.
Didn't see it but how did Reed cheat.
From what I read he lost ball but identifed it by specific markings on ball via binoculars. The ref for the round also verified this through binoculars.
Not a fan of Reed but can't see what he did wrong or am I missing parts.

Didn't see it but how did Reed cheat.
From what I read he lost ball but identifed it by specific markings on ball via binoculars. The ref for the round also verified this through binoculars.
Not a fan of Reed but can't see what he did wrong or am I missing parts.
He "identified" his ball, markings and all, and convinced the rules official but video footage clearly shows it went into a completely different tree than where he was looking.

He "identified" his ball, markings and all, and convinced the rules official but video footage clearly shows it went into a completely different tree than where he was looking.
Oh right wasn't 100% sure. Just seen that DP Tour official clarified his story.

So, Tiger handed JT a tampon after out-driving him yesterday...

Some people aren't happy.

I think its just about the right the side of funny but I probably have a blindspot for the GOAT!

So, Tiger handed JT a tampon after out-driving him yesterday...

Some people aren't happy.

I think its just about the right the side of funny but I probably have a blindspot for the GOAT!
Joke between friends. But when it's Tiger it's pretty crass to the outside world and doesn't help his non-playing rep/legacy to go with the DUI, crashing his car, his numerous affairs/divorce etc.

This was kind of similar to the reaction Murray got when he said to a reporter "we both served like women today."

Latest posts