• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Israel Folau Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
why would he play for the kiwis?? hes not a kiwi...

good on him... he deserves his spot. he is a definately a star in 2007... hopefully second year syndrome doesent hit him...

Jarred Hayne won Dally M Rookie of the year last year and backed it up with Dally M Winger of the year this year so its not impossible for Izzy...

Because hes an Islander, and normally Islanders play for the Kiwi's.

thats probably because alot island players have had a connection to NZ through either birth or there heritage.

Izzy however is a born and bred australian...

Folau is good but he wont have the impact Lomu had, I watched Lomus DVDs when he was 16 and onwards and He had way more power and pace then Isileli Folau. I wouldnt even compare the two as far as impact goes. Isi is a good player though.

Folau is good but he wont have the impact Lomu had, I watched Lomus DVDs when he was 16 and onwards and He had way more power and pace then Isileli Folau. I wouldnt even compare the two as far as impact goes. Isi is a good player though. [/b]

I dont know if that DVD had lomu's times for the metres he ran but u cannot compare who is quicker, more powerful based on a visual of a DVD.

U cant compare anything yet - apart from progress and impact on the game itself

Lomu played in a semi-pro environment - his impact would have looked alot larger than Izzies, as Lomu's opponents would have gone to work for $20.00 per hour, after he steam rolled them.

Izzie is in a full on professional environment - its 100% footy, weights, fitness you name its footy - after Izzy steamrolls a few, his oponents go back to drawing boards, lift more weights and training next day, and so does izzy - PROFESSION

The difference in the era's will always take its toll - like comparing Phar-Lap to Makybe Diva, Don Bradman to Ricky Ponting

But I will say Israel Folau will easily become a household name........and is on the way to becoming THE GOAT.....(on the way boys doesnt mean he will, but he is on the way)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,8659,2...9-23214,00.html

<H1 style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">League</H1>[/font]http://mercury.tiser.com.au/adclick/SITE=FOXS/AREA=SPORT.LEAGUE/AAMSZ=110X40/pageid=1</span>

<H2 id=story style="MARGIN: auto 0cm">Freakish Folau in battle of the giants</span></H2><span style="font-family:Times">"They have to be able to do it every year for a long period before they can be known as greats of the game. Come back to me in eight years." </span>

[/I]

Isreal Folau has just had a street named after him in Goodna, Brisbane. It's his hometown where he started his footy.

its the least they can do.

He already has a country named after him :p

The Holyland!!!!!! - Where gods gifts are made

All hail the impending G.O.A.T

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,2...6-11088,00.html

"THIS is the sight rugby league players around the country have been dreading.
Israel Folau, the 18-year-old Melbourne Storm sensation who produced one of the most memorable debut seasons in memory, now has to duck through doors in the club's headquarters after an off-season growth spurt.
Folau stood 190cm and tipped the scales at 93kg when he arrived in Melbourne for pre-season training in January. By the end of the season he weighed 100kg.
Now, Folau, who expects to grow further in the next 12 months, measures 194cm and 103kg.
His stunning transformation from wonderboy to superman is complete -- it's just a matter of how big he actually gets.
"I'm not sure how much I've grown in height but I know I've put on plenty of kilos," Folau said yesterday.
"It's a good and a bad thing for me as well. I know I've got a lot more growing to do so I'll do a few more weights this year and get bigger."
Folau registered impressive results in the gym this month.
He improved his maximum bench press from 90kg set in January to 110kg and his maximum squat from 120kg to 170kg.
Folau said maintaining his speed was vital as he increased his bulk......."

Be afraid, be very afraid.

Now I wonder if any of the nice people in the ARU are going to try to pull him over to Union.

I dont think Israel will do that. <_<

Its good to see the lad getting buff. B)

Be afraid the storm are coming to win back to back premierships. :cheers:

GO THE STORM! :bana:

more

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story...5012431,00.html

Israel Folau clears every hurdle Maroons throw at him Font Size: Decrease Increase Print Page: Print Dan Koch | May 16, 2008
EVEN among a backline heralded as perhaps the most talented State of Origin combination ever assembled, Folau is a sight to behold.

Try as he might on the training track, the painfully shy teenager cannot hide the 196cm, 103kg frame which has taken rugby league by storm.

It is easy to forget that Folau, 19, only made his NRL debut in round one last year. Since then, he has won a premiership, was named Dally M rookie of the year, broke the Storm's single-season try-scoring record with 21, played two Tests, was selected in the 2007 World XIII and signed a lucrative deal to join the Brisbane Broncos in 2009. On Tuesday, Folau ticked another box when he was selected in the Queensland side to take on NSW at ANZ Stadium on Wednesday night.

"I guess I have gone on a little bit of a different path playing for Australia before Queensland, but I am really excited to be here and I am looking forward to the challenge of State of Origin," Folau said.

"The past 18 months for me, it has been a pretty incredible time. I never expected things to work out the way they have. I never thought it would happen so fast.

"Test football was amazing, you know. But I have been told by the other boys in Melbourne that Origin is another step up again. I am really looking forward to it."

He may be a new face in camp, but Folau sets new standards, leaving team-mates and members of the coaching staff dumbfounded by his combination of size, speed, strength and skill.

At training yesterday morning, the Maroons were working their way through a typically gruelling Billy Johnstone-designed outdoor strength and agility circuit.

The main power exercise involved the players heaving a metal sled, loaded with a 20kg weight, four times.

Things quickly became competitive between the groups, with players attempting to beat the record set by the previous group.

Carl Webb was the early leader, breaking the 30m mark, before Ben Hannant, Sam Thaiday and Michael Crocker each extended the mark beyond 35m.

Having shaken off any ill-effects from the previous night's bonding session, there was much hooting and hollering.

Then, easy as you like, Folau stepped up. Bang, bang, bang, bang. 40m.

Game, set, match Folau.

With a sheepish grin and a shrug of the shoulders, he snuck back to his starting position amid a chorus of playful jibes from team-mates.

"Seriously, he is a freak," said fellow winger Brent Tate.

"You can't believe he is still only a teenager. He is massive and every time you see him he looks like he is getting bigger."

Halfback Johnathan Thurston concurred: "The scary thing is I think we have only seen a little bit of what he is capable of doing. As he gets older and plays some more games, he is going to get more confident. Plus he is still growing."

When he arrived for pre-season training in 2007, Folau was 190cm and 93kg. That means he has shot up 6cm and piled on 10kg in the past 12 months.

By comparison, Bulldogs superstar Sonny Bill Williams, 22, stands 191cm and weighs 105kg

It's enough for many to have compared him to Team of the Century centre and his Queensland coach Mal Meninga - a man famous for destroying opposition backlines with his power.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT MAN!!!

I still have yet to see what all the fuss is about if I'm being totally honest.

Well he did nothing in Origin on wednesday... personally I think Inglis is a better player anyway.

starved of possesion, and NSW kept away like a wise team indeed coached by bellamy

I still have yet to see what all the fuss is about if I'm being totally honest. [/b]

If Jamie Lyon was the second coming of Allah, Jesus and Chuck Norris in the Super League, they'd probably have to shut the whole competition down if he ever went over there.

impressive player really... i dont know if hes as good as lomu was though, but he amazes me

this kid is an absolute freak football player ... some of the things he pulls of is just amazing ... dissapointing seeing him leave storm ... and his mate greg inglis ... another freak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts