• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Israel Folau Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jonah Lomu...no way Folau will better than him...Inglis >Folau

Jonah Lomu...no way Folau will better than him...Inglis >Folau [/b]
WTF Folau's not even on Jonah's level. This Folau kid is good but come on now saying he's better than Jonah Lomu is just plain dumb.

He's got a good leap, I'll give him that. I don't buy the hype at all but he's as impressive under the high ball as any winger I've seen for the past ten years.

He's got a good leap, I'll give him that. I don't buy the hype at all but he's as impressive under the high ball as any winger I've seen for the past ten years.
[/b]

How can you not buy the hype, i personally thought he was just a one year wonder but he's the real deal and he's only 19. He's almost unbeatable under the high ball and he's like a freight train with the ball in hand. Just wish he was on NSW haha.

He's got a good leap, I'll give him that. I don't buy the hype at all but he's as impressive under the high ball as any winger I've seen for the past ten years. [/b]
He spends a bit of time training with AFL sides apparently, so that explains it a bit.

yea hes got alot of potential, the fact that hes 19, 20 and can knock the socks off most nrl players proves alot.

we'll have to wait and see if he peaks early and drops or gets better and better.

He hadnt even turned 19 before his origin debut.. I thought he should of got origin man of the series, he was Queenslands best player in game one and didnt make a mistake all series and got 4 tries... hes going to be a champion.

<div class='quotemain'> Jonah Lomu...no way Folau will better than him...Inglis >Folau [/b]
WTF Folau's not even on Jonah's level. This Folau kid is good but come on now saying he's better than Jonah Lomu is just plain dumb.
[/b][/quote]

lol dude thats wat im saying...dumbwits rating folau as well as lomu earlier..

lomu is the best winger there ever was in BOTH codes (He would've killed it in league)

Folau aint even that great tbh, amazing leap and strong, ma'a nonu would sit him on his ass.

Inglis..now that kid is a talent

the kids got along way to go - he will dominate he is only a kid still
just watch this space

BUMP

what a great year Folau had - no second year syndrome, must of weared off on Inglis.

He's not the type of player where if his teams having a bad game, he will have one too - every game where his team played terrible, he stood up and tried to make a difference - origin game 1, grand final (he cried at the end, shows his passion, shows what a champion he is, shows how much it meant to him - in that game he was the only one that stood up) and in the RLWC final - took up a hit most sets, didnt see inglis do that. You can tell he's really keen to take the ball up and grind out the metres.

cant wait to see him in action next year
hope he doesnt follow the Broncos injury trend of Hunt, Lockyer, Hodges and get injured quite a bit
seeing our superstars are usually M.I.A most of the time
but last two seasons for the storm hes played every possible game except when playing origin or for australia, i dont think hes ever been injured which is extraordinary, hope that trend continues

this bloke if stays loyal to NRL will play 300+ first grade games, 30+ origin, 40+ tests for australia

fantastic signing for the broncos - I reckon they offered more so they could sign a great player and a mormon - meaning no off field trouble.

That great man Folau is going to have another big big year
Camp Bronco have alleged they have him running quicker, and he has not lost weight
Rumour has it, for 10m he is running 1m quicker than in 2008
sound confusing i know
but in 2008 - for the time it took him to run 10m, in 2009 he will run 9m

THIS MAN IS NOTHING SHORT OF A BEAST!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deception_2112 @ Jul 25 2008, 07:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jawmalawm24 @ Jul 4 2008, 11:22 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Deception_2112 @ Jul 4 2008, 09:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Jonah Lomu...no way Folau will better than him...Inglis >Folau[/b]
[/b][/quote]

lol dude thats wat im saying...dumbwits rating folau as well as lomu earlier..

lomu is the best winger there ever was in BOTH codes (He would've killed it in league)

Folau aint even that great tbh, amazing leap and strong, ma'a nonu would sit him on his ass.

Inglis..now that kid is a talent
[/b][/quote]

LMAO

I made the better than lomu call, and will stick by it, its still very early days
As for that Maa Nonu would sit folau on his ass - your kidding, it would be a big battle of the machines.
The thing is how young Folau is, how experienced he is, how composed and willing to learn he is, how focused - put him above all before him
He will play till he is 30+, and wont drink, or play silly buggers like all before him
Folau has the mentality of a 33yr old
The physique of a 27 yr old
He is now being coached by Walters, Alfie and Gilly - he has a long way to go, but his peak is yet to be seen, yet his dominance already present.

ALL HAIL THE GREAT MAN - THE GREAT ISRAEL FOLAU!!!!!

Warriors vs Melbourne playoffs Folau missed Ropati twice and both times it resulted in a try. The second time it was the winning try. Defensively he needs to not be so casual with guys who are smaller than him....a common mistake with very large backs marking small backs. With his build Folau should pummel Ropati into the ground.....so this year his trainers need to help him sharpen up on defence and be quicker on his toes following opponents movements.

He did a great pickup of a bad pass in the World Cup final to almost score....actually he SHOULD have scored...he went a bit too high at Hohaia probably expecting Hohaia to go low and that he would fall over him. As soon as Hohaia went high at him he should have changed to focussing his weight on getting under Hohaia and going to ground ASAP. That bit of inexperience cost the Kangaroos a try and possibly the momentum of the match.

Seems weird also seeing an Islander playing for the Kangaroos...used to seeing them in the Kiwi team for so many years.

I wouldn't go saying one is better than the other. Inglis and Folau are different players.

Inglis is more spindly...his long arms allow him to fend extremely effectively and he is more of a play maker than Folau. Inglis relies on footwork and speed to get past (around) a players.

Whilst Folau has terrific footwork and the speed to go around the opposing player, he has the ability to just as easily bump him off or run over the top of them. Folau possesses more power.

On thing wonderful they both share though is their amazing ability to leap in the air like and AFL player!

I wouldn't go saying one is better than the other. Inglis and Folau are different players.

Inglis is more spindly...his long arms allow him to fend extremely effectively and he is more of a play maker than Folau. Inglis relies on footwork and speed to get past (around) players.

Whilst Folau has terrific footwork and the speed to go around the opposing player, he has the ability to just as easily bump him off or run over the top of them. Folau possesses more power.

On thing wonderful they both share though is their amazing ability to leap in the air like an AFL player!

Damn Broncos stealing him away from us.

While he's definitely in the category of "freak of nature" I'd like to see how he performs for the Broncos. I have this horrible feeling that it will be "Lockyer kicks it up for Folau" until eventually people forget he can run as well as jump.

I still think Greg is the better talent and we'll see as Inglis will be in the centres this year. Both will be high up on the Daily M scoring though. Not that it matters, Slater will take that medal this year. (After winning Rexona Greatest Athlete: Australia.)

Broncos hardly stole Folau away, Hinch. He wanted to come. All he needed was the opportunity and a fair price, nothing extravagant for his ability and skillset.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (melon @ Feb 26 2009, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Broncos hardly stole Folau away, Hinch. He wanted to come. All he needed was the opportunity and a fair price, nothing extravagant for his ability and skillset.[/b]

Merely a joke from a bitter Storm fan. ;) I find it hard to cheer for any Broncos players outside of Hunt, but I will cheer Folau in every game.

Except against Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts