• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Lions squad for 2021 prediction

With that said I am deeply hoping its controversial enough that this forum turns into complete chaos with personal insults, attacks on national identity and just general parochialism galore from people with three hour old accounts. Lets make this forum great again!
It's a lions selection. It would be a let down if this didn't happen.

With that said I am deeply hoping its controversial enough that this forum turns into complete chaos with personal insults, attacks on national identity and just general parochialism galore from people with three hour old accounts. Lets make this forum great again!
Six nations had some bangers, I can't wait

and then we'll get an influx of South African users over the summer banging on about the world cup as well

Glorious glorious chaos

I really don't anticipate being all that upset by selections from an Irish POV at 12:46:34 tomorrow or whatever ultra specific time they're announcing. I think most of the players we expect to go are reasonably nailed on and we have to be realistic that some of our players we'd have expected to tour last year or Pre WC aren't playing at their best. I think we'll have Henshaw, Furlong, Murray, Hendy, Beirne, Sexy, Stander and probably Porter travelling, with outside bets for Ringrose, who I'd be happy not to travel as he's had a really up down injury dotted season and I think some time resting is much needed. Really dark horses for Ireland? Kelleher probably the only one. Zebo and Cooney if you post on boards.ie and hate yourself? I don't think many of the 'dark horses' reported to have got letters will be initially selected if we're honest. Stand by dirt trackers more likely. AWJ will be tour captain, which I don't love as I don't have him nailed on to start, but I ultimately don't really care that much.

I want the Scottish guy who made one post, slating me for suggesting Kelleher and Doris while calling Price the best 9 outside Dupont and suggesting Cummins and...Dobie, to come back.

I really don't anticipate being all that upset by selections from an Irish POV at 12:46:34 tomorrow or whatever ultra specific time they're announcing. I think most of the players we expect to go are reasonably nailed on and we have to be realistic that some of our players we'd have expected to tour last year or Pre WC aren't playing at their best. I think we'll have Henshaw, Furlong, Murray, Hendy, Beirne, Sexy, Stander and probably Porter travelling, with outside bets for Ringrose, who I'd be happy not to travel as he's had a really up down injury dotted season and I think some time resting is much needed. Really dark horses for Ireland? Kelleher probably the only one. Zebo and Cooney if you post on boards.ie and hate yourself? I don't think many of the 'dark horses' reported to have got letters will be initially selected if we're honest. Stand by dirt trackers more likely. AWJ will be tour captain, which I don't love as I don't have him nailed on to start, but I ultimately don't really care that much.

As I said earlier its the same from an English perspective we've been shite recently so unless Itoje, Curry and Watson don't travel its going to be hard to conceive of what to get actually angry about. Its a little disappointing, I'm sure Gats has something up his sleeve though.

As I said earlier its the same from an English perspective we've been shite recently so unless Itoje, Curry and Watson don't travel its going to be hard to conceive of what to get actually angry about. Its a little disappointing, I'm sure Gats has something up his sleeve though.
I'll also be upset if he doesn't take Farrell but that more so England can ditch him.

I think you'll be roughly looking at and even (ish) split between England Ireland and Wales with 3-6 Scots.

Ryan wasn't that bad the last two weeks.

I just look forward to the point in the tour where I go from indifferent/kinda wanting the SA clubs to win to supporting the Lions on account of reading numerous arrogant and belittling South African posts from summer posters.

Honestly I think the Scots might be the most angry about this selection and going mad, I don't see him taking Russell if he wouldn't take him last time. Hogg will go but after that Watson might not due to legitimate back row travel competition. Gray? Loads of second rows to.

As far as Scotland goes I'd say only 2 are nailed on. Watson and Hogg

Russell is likely imo. Price has a decent chance as does Sutherland.

Then Gray, Ritchie, Turner and Harris as outliers who have a half/qtr chance.

I'd take Hogg, Russell, Watson and Sutherland.

Wouldn't be at all annoyed if Price went too and I'd have Gray and Ritchie on standby lists.

Sutherland and Zander Fagerson is surely in the mix for props, Ritchie is competition for 6 but there decent options there from other places. Harris at 13 as not too many people have shone there, Van Der Merwe will be up against LDZ for the upcoming winger slot I reckon, don't think both will go.

Yeah, could be. Not that you'll get the zealots on here admitting that they're very similar to the WOL crew though. They're above all that.
Ummm I think you need to re-read the posts on here. This forum is the most balanced around to be fair but you seem hell bent on occasions on trying to be jokey but then in the next breath trying to be really serious but all the time banging on in a welsh bias.

Ummm I think you need to re-read the posts on here. This forum is the most balanced around to be fair but you seem hell bent on occasions on trying to be jokey but then in the next breath trying to be really serious but all the time banging on in a welsh bias.
Balanced. Lol.

Thanks for the laugh. Actually, to be fair, the Irish lads are quite balanced.

Wouldn't be at all annoyed if Price went too and I'd have Gray and Ritchie on standby lists.
Watson far from nailed on imo. Only Hogg is 100%

Hogg is one of the few players that is a 100% starter. He's been far better than other options, a fit and inform Liam Williams would be challenging him but he's be struggling to get back from injuries. I'd still take Williams as 2nd Fullback though.

The problem with Russell is who does he not take out of Biggar, Sexton and Farrell? All of whom he preferred last time out and Russell isn't the prospect he was 4 years ago.

Price probably goes though especially with Youngs ruling himself out.

VDM feels like an outlier I'd take LRZ over him.

Watson far from nailed on imo. Only Hogg is 100%

Yeah that's just my take. I can see a scenario where he doesn't go but I'll be honest. I'll be shocked. You're right, though, I wouldn't put my house on it like I would Hogg.

Hogg is one of the few players that is a 100% starter. He's been far better than other options, a fit and inform Liam Williams would be challenging him but he's be struggling to get back from injuries. I'd still take Williams as 2nd Fullback though.

It's an interesting battle between them 2. I agree, I think Hogg starts but it's a trade off. Hogg kicking game is so much better but Williams is far better under the high ball. I think he'll go with Hogg though.

Latest posts