Strength
Hooking
Agression
Tackling
Discipline
Mauling

Fact.

Originally posted by ak47@Feb 10 2005, 12:29 PM
Thought I’d post some stuff that I learnt from my 1 hour of the full version of rugby 2005
Training mode â€" this is very good like the pes series……..u have about 10 drills to complete ranging from sidestepping, fending, tackling and kicking
Like the pes series, u gotto run the length of the field thru witches hats, stepping fending ur way past defenders, timing of the fend/step is crucial to success, and works brilliantly.
On defending drill â€" 15 playes line-up on the 22, u the solo man on a mission have to tackle whomever runs before they get to the tryline. Very similar to bullrush. The tackling animations are perfect and there’s tonnes…….u really feel the tackles and they always have momentum depending if the tackler is the enforcer or whether the attacker has the go forward.
Kicking drill is **** â€" coz kicking is ****
Drop kicking drill â€" if anyone can do this I’ll be surprised……..u gotto slot in FG’s and u cant see the posts, and u cant see the arcs shadow to see the line of the kick….very hit and miss and if ur lucky u’ll pass

Pause menu has the following
Game stats â€" most in depth rugby stats every, from % of line-out/scrum on own throw, to possession and territory, I even think total tackles was there
Scoring summary â€" like madden very good
Squad management - subs
Sound options â€" commentary to crowd
Gameplay options â€" sliders for knock-ons fatigue and injury
Display option â€" radar, to screen position

Mins per match half from: 5, 10, 15, 20 mins per half
Stadiums â€" sorted by country then city, very user friendly and like madden
Weather â€" its raining outside today
Wind â€" turn it up for johnny
Difficulty â€" easy, normal, hard

RWC’s â€" 1997, 2003, and 2007 world cups…and a random schedule
Lions tour â€" Australia, NZ and south Africa………..u can deside if u want to play warm up matches against domestic sides aswell
World League â€" 3 divisions, all the domestic teams, every player â€" the cream of the crop â€" it’s the master league in rugger form
Options within World league were:
Fixtures â€" the draw
Results â€" who won
Ladder â€" where u at
Player tranfers â€" find out whoms going where
Team management â€" ur roster, cost of team, stats etc
Special teams â€" PI’s, Barbars, Aussie A, Maori, Lions

Final verdict â€" THE GREATEST RUGBY GAME I HAVE EVER SEEN
THE GREATEST RUGBY GAME I HAVE EVER HEARD
THE GREATEST RUGBY GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind its gotto be bought
I was never going to pre-order based on 2004
Even if locksleys said this and that, I was never going to pre-order until I played the game, by either renting or playing a demo
I am pre-ordering this arvo, and will pay it in full
I went home with a demo of fight night rd 2 as the substitute for my rugby demo (nothing could substitute a demo of that rugby game I played yesterday), not even Britany Spears for a night.
Being told to leave and not have a copy is the worst feeling ever, I am gutted…like pulling a hot chick, then discovering it that time of the month, but only 100 times worse.
I kid u NOT, We have a superp sports game, once a religious backyard hobby, BUT IN 2005, living rooms of many households, will now occupy the religious hobby once played in the backyard………..whether it be rain hail or snow, the misses and ladies of our lives will now be putting up with Rugby, no matter how bad the weather is outside, simply coz from now on it will be played indoors!!!
Great review mate! Is the game still good on single player agianst the AI? I've heard its far too hard to score??

Cheers

J

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 10 2005, 08:50 PM
(No, i don't read womans day, i look at it. lol)
lmao......hehehehe me too she has gone fat but its good enuf and u guys understand his context....lmao

Originally posted by umosay@Feb 10 2005, 08:56 PM
Speed
Acceleration
Agility
Handling
Passing
Kicking
Goal Kicking
Rucking
Scrummaging
Lineouts
Strength
Hooking
Agression
Tackling
Discipline
Mauling

Fact.
i wus asking ak47...nah jokes good stuff...so its outta 100 rite?when i create my self 99 everything
<

nah im gonna create old skool cullen

speed-93
acceleration-96
agility-96
handling-90
passing-84
kicking-77
goal kicking-35
rucking-55
scrummaging-12
<

line outs-23
strength-75
hooking-10
aggression-67
tackling-86
discipline-85
mauling-25

my olo brown will b bout 99 everthing in forward play especially scrummaging

Sorry if this is anywhere else but I haven't seen it, For conversions/penalties do you get to choose where to place the ball like WCR or is it automatic?

Originally posted by el_tk@Feb 12 2005, 08:12 AM
Sorry if this is anywhere else but I haven't seen it, For conversions/penalties do you get to choose where to place the ball like WCR or is it automatic?
Nope.

Umo dropped that bomb on me in one of the other threads a few days back.

Fecking EA/HB . . . come on! Let me place my conversions!

Latest posts