• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Yeah, Cracker was Coltrane's best work. Another TV show, Tutti Frutti, is meant to be really good but I've not seen it. Hopefully they show it following his passing.

Yeah, Cracker was Coltrane's best work. Another TV show, Tutti Frutti, is meant to be really good but I've not seen it. Hopefully they show it following his passing.
I remember the name and it looked familiar when I Googled it, but I was a bit young for it when it was shown originally. Doesn't look like it's on any streaming service, so as you say, fingers crossed for a comeback.

Have watched "Blonde" with Ana de Armas. Very well made, liked the atmosphere of the film ,but some scenes were...unusual , let's call it like that (shocked,a little bit 👀 )
Literally looked like that after every abortion scene:
134ad8d2e49ca99b2d1e23882bf31d31.jpg

Anyone's Latin good Enough to confirm?
To translate in other words?I'm not an expert, but the translation is correct,imo. I'd change maybe a little bit to make the sense more clear:
- What a sober person has on his mind,a drunk person has "on" his tongue..
- Do you have the muscle to back it up?
- Find a simpleton of your age for it
- Someone has to teach old fools as well
- You're gonna die now!

Last edited:
To translate in other words?I'm not an expert, but the translation is correct,imo. I'd change maybe a little bit to make the sense more clear:
- What a sober person has on his mind,a drunk person has "on" his tongue..
- Do you have the muscle to back it up?
- Find a simpleton of your age for it
- Someone has to teach old fools as well
- You're gonna die now!

and this one?😜

Tbf I don't think the subtitles in this scene really add anything. Can decipher a lot from what Sollozo is saying without needing to understand Sicilian Italian.

and this one?😜
Started to listen to it without looking at subtitles, I understood only 50% to be honest. I can understand Italian, in general, because I speak French, and I was learning Spanish (had a decent level of Spanish many years ago) and Latin (was learning it only for 5 months but anyway ;) ). But Sicilian accent is too specific for my ears.
In Sicilian dialect, I know only one word "minchia" , that's a very rude word and is used as a Sicilian variant of a word "cazzo" ("****" , although its' literal meaning is "cock" ). Although, I don't know where I can use this word :D
Have you watched "Blonde", by the way? I remember,you wrote that you were going to watch it. I was psychologically traumatized by this film and have noone to discuss it with :D

Have you watched "Blonde", by the way? I remember,you wrote that you were going to watch it. I was psychologically traumatized by this film and have noone to discuss it with :D
I watched the first 20 mins or so and then turned it off after the first rape scene. Read more about it in reviews and that other talked about scene then watched it in fast to that scene to see what all the fuss was about. Yeh, safe to say, as much as I like Ana in films like Knives out and the recent James Bond, She was good in it, but the film was not enjoyable.

I like autobiographical drama to have some semblance to some facts. And yes, Marilyn was abused throughout her life, but I think this was mainly sensationalist and made to horrify.

"All Quiet on the Western Front"on Netflix. Excellent First World War drama. If you liked Journey's End, and 1917 then this is very similar but from the German perspective.

Timely reminder of viewpoint of the "other side" and reminded me of what Russian soldiers are currently facing being drawn into a pointless war by an autocrat. History repeats after a 100 years.

I want to watch black panther 2 but boy do I have marvel burn out.

So many characters, and too many comedy focused stuff to get me hyped.

I miss the stand alone hero movies.

I'm a real sucker for Batman but one the main reasons I like The Batman was it a self contained Batman story.

I watched Dr Strange and Thor in the same weekend a couple of months back.
Not a single film in this phase that's worth a rewatch, all 6 of them simply have to be in the bottom 10 MCU films.
5 of them are probably the bottom 5 - yes, I'd really rather rewatch Hulk or IM2 than BW or Thor4

we watched it last night....don't worry about the comedy aspect...not many laughs...was really good, great sound track as did the first one, very little cross over with the rest of the MCU
I watched Dr Strange and Thor in the same weekend a couple of months back.
Not a single film in this phase that's worth a rewatch, all 6 of them simply have to be in the bottom 10 MCU films.
5 of them are probably the bottom 5 - yes, I'd really rather rewatch Hulk or IM2 than BW or Thor4
i rewatched no way home and strange 2, thought both were good on the rewatch....Thor 4 definitely lost its way, i feel theyre carving thor and GotG off, so have two seperate MCU's, "multiverse" centered around earth and then space adventures (more comedy action with thor and GotG)....technically still the same universe but i wouldn't be surprised if thor or the GotG never turned up in the Kang Avengers films

This whole marvel thing is getting out of hand. They're not my cup of tea which is fine but it seems like that's all there is and they just dominate the screens. I try and watch one every now and then but am reminded how terrible the majority of them are. Wish they'd put them to bed now but I guess they're a good money maker.

This whole marvel thing is getting out of hand. They're not my cup of tea which is fine but it seems like that's all there is and they just dominate the screens. I try and watch one every now and then but am reminded how terrible the majority of them are. Wish they'd put them to bed now but I guess they're a good money maker.
they only release, at most 3 a year and normally 2, which is a lot for one universe but not really many in general

I do wonder if they shouldn't have killed off more characters in end game and wrap it up, reboot it completely with different characters though

they only release, at most 3 a year and normally 2, which is a lot for one universe but not really many in general

I do wonder if they shouldn't have killed off more characters in end game and wrap it up, reboot it completely with different characters though
The TV shows are and effort though the Doctor Strange movie was essentially the finale for Wandavision (and I really loved both). I'm able to keep up but for every Shang-Chi we get a Black Widow.

I'm in until Guardians 3 (love the first two too much and the Christmas Special looks great) but Wakanda Forever is the first we've not watched on opening night since Iron Man 3 I think....our interest is certain waning.

I love Thor though and I was slightly surprised how divisive its turned out to be. Not as surprised as I was about The Last Jedi though.

Latest posts