• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Absolutely insane!

well....he's successfully convinced me to see the film just so i can understand how that can possibly fit into any story

he seems like an unusual guy...very sometimes....but he does know how to make a film i enjoy

I would like to know more about one comment, 30 jumps in one day, that seems insane, assuming all during daylight thats multiple jumps an hour which seems hard to imagine

Just saw the new Avatar. Really enjoyed it even though parts of it deserve to be bullied. The visuals were genuinely incredible, the setting is so beautiful and they knocked it out of the park with the action. The entire last hour or so is so so good. It dragged a bit at times before that and the BIG weakness for the movie is it's script which at times seemed like it was written by an AI.

Definitely would recommend though, I hope we get more massive action movies like these

Started watching the Batman, not sure I'll finish. Robert Patterson a not a Batman.
Always hard to live up to Nolan's superb trilogy for me.

Still, I'll watch this eventually when it comes out on Netflix or Amazon prime.

Watched Top Gun: Maverick. Yeh ok. Didn't really buy the ending which I thought was a bit stupid.

Watched Top Gun: Maverick. Yeh ok. Didn't really buy the ending which I thought was a bit stupid.
The whole thing was a bit silly.

Are you telling me that through that briefing, not one of them mentioned "This sounds a lot like Star Wars"

Or even just "Are you sure there isn't a better way than this?"

The whole thing was a bit silly.

Are you telling me that through that briefing, not one of them mentioned "This sounds a lot like Star Wars"

Or even just "Are you sure there isn't a better way than this?"
633 Squadron but with hornets instead of mosquitoes.

Took the kids to watch Matilda the Musical today and have to admit I enjoyed it. Very dark and sad in places but then very joyful and funny in others. Great entertainment.

Started watching the Batman, not sure I'll finish. Robert Patterson a not a Batman.
if you didn;t finish it i very much doubt you'll go back, i cant do it personally, even bad films i tent to finish if i start

this is one of the first truly negative responses ive heard (not saying there arent others, i just havent heard them) generally universally enjoyed by everyone ive come across

if you didn;t finish it i very much doubt you'll go back, i cant do it personally, even bad films i tent to finish if i start

this is one of the first truly negative responses ive heard (not saying there arent others, i just havent heard them) generally universally enjoyed by everyone ive come across
Ironically I did finish this (down to the fact I had two poorly kids and now tv was the only streaming service they weren't watching between them!).

Think it was garbage. Patterson looks like he's never even seen the inside of a gym and his brooding is terrible.

Would rather have finished the old man of Disney as that's really good and i've nearly finished that.

Ironically I did finish this (down to the fact I had two poorly kids and now tv was the only streaming service they weren't watching between them!).

Think it was garbage. Patterson looks like he's never even seen the inside of a gym and his brooding is terrible.

Would rather have finished the old man of Disney as that's really good and i've nearly finished that.
another example of how different people can see things so differently, i remember saying to the wife how much i enjoyed the fact his bruce wayne looked almost meak....but then his batman was imposing (not afflect swole but noticeably bigger than his bruce wayne), even wondered if they filmed all the bruce wayne stuff before hitting the gym for all the batman stuff, i thought it was one of the better aspects of the film, how it showed them as such different "people"

another example of how different people can see things so differently, i remember saying to the wife how much i enjoyed the fact his bruce wayne looked almost meak....but then his batman was imposing (not afflect swole but noticeably bigger than his bruce wayne), even wondered if they filmed all the bruce wayne stuff before hitting the gym for all the batman stuff, i thought it was one of the better aspects of the film, how it showed them as such different "people"
100% as I really enjoyed the Ben Afflick washed up Batman and most people I know hated him. Each to their own as long as they all kneel to the master that was Christian Bale 😂

Kevin Conroy or bust

Every other answer to best Batman is wrong.

I've just seen they are making another Indiana Jones.

Is this now some kind of real life artwork by Lucas and Spielberg where they are creating the film equivalent of flogging a dead horse?

I've just seen they are making another Indiana Jones.

Is this now some kind of real life artwork by Lucas and Spielberg where they are creating the film equivalent of flogging a dead horse?
It's one they should have ended after the last Crusade. Perfect trilogy for me. They then brought out the Kingdom of the crystal skull and it was like WTF? Maybe this one will be better and hopefully redeem the franchise, because I have such low expectations of this one. It can't be any worse surely?

Latest posts