• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

i havent played the game so didn't have that casting comparison, i enjoyed it but i love a treasure hunt film! convinced Mrs Womble to watch the national treasure films, so good!...would be happy enough with another uncharted but from what ive read thats not happening
You only have to compare to TLOU tv show which is getting it right compared to the game Franchise and this, which was frankly all over the place in terms of casting and storyline. I would be happy if they don't make another one. Better off just watching the cut scenes from the games glued together on YouTube, if you like a good treasure hunt film.
I enjoyed the 10 minute fan made version with Nathan Fillion, who should have played Nate, much more.

You only have to compare to TLOU tv show which is getting it right compared to the game Franchise and this, which was frankly all over the place in terms of casting and storyline. I would be happy if they don't make another one. Better off just watching the cut scenes from the games glued together on YouTube, if you like a good treasure hunt film.
I enjoyed the 10 minute fan made version with Nathan Fillion, who should have played Nate, much more.
i did watch that fan edit and it was very good, but im a Nathan Fillion fan, im not saying they didn;t mess it up...just that without the expectations of the game...it was fun

Ok watched the Banshees of inisherin again and I still don't get the fuss about it. Nicely shot and well acted but otherwise it's just dull.

Ok watched the Banshees of inisherin again and I still don't get the fuss about it. Nicely shot and well acted but otherwise it's just dull.
Again? I was happy enough after one watch to shove it under my good arty film but not outstanding bucket.

I'm rooting for Everything Everywhere All At Once at the Oscars mainly because I want Short Round to win an Oscars but he was brilliant in it.

Again? I was happy enough after one watch to shove it under my good arty film but not outstanding bucket.

I'm rooting for Everything Everywhere All At Once at the Oscars mainly because I want Short Round to win an Oscars but he was brilliant in it.
Missus hadn't seen it so we watched it together. To be honest spent much of the time on the lap top looking at fishing tackle.

Matrix Resurrections or was it John Wick 4? 🤔

Once I got over the convoluted plot and not take it too seriously I quite enjoyed it.

Matrix Resurrections or was it John Wick 4? 🤔

Once I got over the convoluted plot and not take it too seriously I quite enjoyed it.
i need to re watch that...whole thing feels (in hindsight) very...."somehow palpatine has returned", i cant quite remember the premise....when he "died" at the end of 3 he was assimilated back into the Matrix ?

BTW Quantumania might actually be the worst Marvel movie to date. What a vapid sea of nothingness....

Also the first movie made during the pandemic where I'm 100% actor were not in the same room and definitely just in front of green screen it was shocking.

BTW Quantumania might actually be the worst Marvel movie to date. What a vapid sea of nothingness....

Also the first movie made during the pandemic where I'm 100% actor were not in the same room and definitely just in front of green screen it was shocking.
worse than love and thunder? didn't realise it was the first, a few of their recent ones felt very green screen....y....so thats pretty damning

as the real introduction to the next big bad thats pretty disappointing to hear....as time goes on im more and more convinced they should have ended the whole thing after endgame....have one huge big block of movies that overall are a lot of fun...but its getting too out of hand...harder and harder to understand or follow

The Menu is well worth a watch.

agreed, mrs womble and I were a bit surprised, i hadn;t read anything about it, just saw the cover shot and the cast...thought it was going to be something very different...kind of "trials and tribulations" in a high profile restaurant ......

worse than love and thunder? didn't realise it was the first, a few of their recent ones felt very green screen....y....so thats pretty damning
I laughed a lot during Love and Thunder.

I don't usually have effects issues some people have I rarely find it distracting. But Quatumania had me so bored I noticed. Like I say really struggled to belive an actor wasn't just plopped in front of a screen.

King is great BTW just the rest of the movie is not. Better introduced in Loki. This had a very Iron Man 2 feel.

I laughed a lot during Love and Thunder.

I don't usually have effects issues some people have I rarely find it distracting. But Quatumania had me so bored I noticed. Like I say really struggled to belive an actor wasn't just plopped in front of a screen.

King is great BTW just the rest of the movie is not. Better introduced in Loki. This had a very Iron Man 2 feel.
i did have my doubts about Paul Rudd and antman being the introduction, hes very much been the comedy relief to date, and i have really enjoyed that....but hes a long way form ironman, original thor or Cap, will definitely watch it when it comes out on disney+ but currently glad i haven't paid to see it

i need to re watch that...whole thing feels (in hindsight) very...."somehow palpatine has returned", i cant quite remember the premise....when he "died" at the end of 3 he was assimilated back into the Matrix ?
Or just read through Wiki to remind yourself before so as to save yourself the 5-6 hours of rewatching those films? You'll pick up the threads pretty quick from watching resurrections.

Yeah Ant Man is just a CGI fest. Admittedly a good looking one, but I feel like the actors could have read their lines from home for the most part.

Johnathan Majors was pretty good, but I do feel the character doesn't match up to Thanos as a big bad villain.

It's not egregiously bad, just super mid and often boring. I think Love and Thunder was better than it, but it's probably better than Eternals.

Yeah Ant Man is just a CGI fest. Admittedly a good looking one, but I feel like the actors could have read their lines from home for the most part.

Johnathan Majors was pretty good, but I do feel the character doesn't match up to Thanos as a big bad villain.

It's not egregiously bad, just super mid and often boring. I think Love and Thunder was better than it, but it's probably better than Eternals.
thats at least something, i watch the two antmen movies last night and the CGI is actually really good....a stark reminder that the CGI in love and thunder and the tv shows has been pretty bad

Is Back to the Future number 1? Because if its not its simply wrong.

Check list....good. Although the miss the most important its one of slickest screenplays known to man everything is set up in the first act for events that happen in the following two. Some of it subtle some of it not. BTTF is just perfect in that way.

But they've left out Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home which is just criminal especially as Timecop made the list.

Latest posts