• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

I have! One of those very level surface films that people tell you says something about the state of the world today but when you dig down it really doesn't.
I was looking for it on Netflix and prime to watch but not available. But may not bother. just thought I missed a gem.

But yeh BTTF trilogy (Iiked 3 personally as I like westerns) and Terminators 1/2 for me are my faves.

How the **** is 12 Monkeys not in the top 3 let alone not in that list at all. Stupid list.
I knew reading it at least something was missing. Yup that one is bloody insane to miss out.

Done some googling.

Edge of Tomorrow and Groundhog Day both missing

I mentioned ST4 but also First Contact

Also seen a list that includes arrival but that's not really about time travel but perception of it.

Is Groundhog Day a time travel film? He just gets stuck in and lives the same day over and over until he redeems himself. Great film though.

Office space is the far superior judge movie. Idiocracy is good but as ncurd said it's not what people want it to be.

I knew reading it at least something was missing. Yup that one is bloody insane to miss out.

Done some googling.

Edge of Tomorrow and Groundhog Day both missing

I mentioned ST4 but also First Contact

Also seen a list that includes arrival but that's not really about time travel but perception of it.
Arrival is a cracking film. You're right, though.

Arrival is a cracking film. You're right, though.
Its probably my favourite film of the previous decade, I run this list 11-20 so I can include Inception on the previous list 01-10. I'm also now a die hard Denis Villeneuve mainly because of it, its also why I know he can handle Dune Part Two.

Frequency. I really liked it as a "Time travel" film albeit over the radio.

Is Back to the Future number 1? Because if its not its simply wrong.

Check list....good. Although the miss the most important its one of slickest screenplays known to man everything is set up in the first act for events that happen in the following two. Some of it subtle some of it not. BTTF is just perfect in that way.

But they've left out Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home which is just criminal especially as Timecop made the list.

definately

agreed re edge of tomorrow, love that film!

i have to admit though, i missed the "time-travel" bit in the headline...was was thinking it was a very interesting "20 best movies of all time"

Last edited:
Avengers Endgame or is it just time travel elements? I really liked Tennet and definitely think it should have been higher.

I also clearly over thought this but all the villains being sucked through space and time before they die in Spiderman No Way Home. Is that time travel or simply multi-verse space wizard magic.

Finally managed to watch Tenet before it leaves Prime video. Found it a bit of a confusing mess with the whole inversion thing. I'll put that along with Memento as one of my least favourite Nolan films.

King Richard. Really liked it, especially the way they showed the tennis. Very few good tennis films. A real life Cinderella story, especially seeing the ultimate success they had, two black girls winning the way they did in a predominantly affluent white sport.
Very Good performance by Will Smith. Shame he had to ruin his big moment at the Oscars.

The Godfather part III the Coda Cut. Wanted to see how different it was to the original, decried as the worst of the 3. Coppola just rejigged the start and the ending, which does give what happens to Michael Corleone a different twist.

Finally got round to watching Glass Onion. Enjoyed it. Apparently more of Detective Blanc to come.

Latest posts