• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

The Batman. Finally got to watch it after discovering I could download it on my iPad via Sky Cinema. I liked it. I also liked Pattinson as the cape crusader and how they got the Riddler, Penguin, Cat Woman and the Joker at the end.

100% as I really enjoyed the Ben Afflick washed up Batman and most people I know hated him. Each to their own as long as they all kneel to the master that was Christian Bale 😂
yet another example, i would have said based on my discussions with people BatFleck was very well received, if anything i think the shine started to go off Bale (movies still great, just his portrayal), its funny

even West is spot on for the vibe of the tv show, its a comedy

The best batman film is the Lego Batman one. It's brilliant, so many layers of jokes.
It's a close second to Mask of the Phantasm they've gotten far closer to understanding the character than any live actions ones.

Batfleck was pretty good actually everyone apart Clooney has been pretty good. Just sometimes the movies they are in suck.

My power rankings for best Batman film with a theatrical release. Note best Batman film is diffrent from best film with Batman film in it, I'm ranking these on understanding the character. He also has to be the main character so knocking out Justice League, Lego Movie and stuff like that.

1) Mask of the Phantasm
2) Lego Batman
3) The Batman
4) Batman Begins
5) Batman Forever
6) The Dark Knight
7) Batman V Superman*
8) Batman (Keaton)
9) The Dark Knight Rises
10) Batman (West)
11) Batman and Robin
12) Batman Returns

*note Snyder through interviews has clearly demonstrated he doesn't get the character. I can only assume this was well done because everyone else working the project did.

The dark knight rises always gets a bad rep, but recall seeing that at the cinema and absolutely loved it.
I think it's a fine film. Its last shot fundamentally misunderstands Bruce as a character. He only has two endings sacrificing everything fornthe cause or getting old alone and bitter having never really solved the issues.

I think it's a fine film. Its last shot fundamentally misunderstands Bruce as a character. He only has two endings sacrificing everything fornthe cause or getting old alone and bitter having never really solved the issues.
Thankfully I am not too tied up with the comics. I liked the ending personally.

It's about six month's away, but I'm already looking forward to seeing this one!

hflCiNtY6MA-HD.jpg

Last edited:
It's a close second to Mask of the Phantasm they've gotten far closer to understanding the character than any live actions ones.

Batfleck was pretty good actually everyone apart Clooney has been pretty good. Just sometimes the movies they are in suck.

My power rankings for best Batman film with a theatrical release. Note best Batman film is diffrent from best film with Batman film in it, I'm ranking these on understanding the character. He also has to be the main character so knocking out Justice League, Lego Movie and stuff like that.

1) Mask of the Phantasm
2) Lego Batman
3) The Batman
4) Batman Begins
5) Batman Forever
6) The Dark Knight
7) Batman V Superman*
8) Batman (Keaton)
9) The Dark Knight Rises
10) Batman (West)
11) Batman and Robin
12) Batman Returns

*note Snyder through interviews has clearly demonstrated he doesn't get the character. I can only assume this was well done because everyone else working the project did.
That is an interesting list!!

Batman forever so high and returns worse than Batman and Robin? makes me want to re watch them all looking at the Batman v Batman film review angle

whats the list look like as "best film with batman in it"?

That is an interesting list!!

Batman forever so high and returns worse than Batman and Robin? makes me want to re watch them all looking at the Batman v Batman film review angle

whats the list look like as "best film with batman in it"?
Forever actually wants to treat Bruce as a character with something to grow and learn. It's actual big failings are a way too old Robin and the villains hamming it up to 12. You grind that stuff into more a serious film with actually what going in with Dick and Kidman and their interactions and you actually have a good movie.

Returns I love as a film (and the first Batman film I watched) but its very much a Burton film rather than a Batman one. Apart from the look the characterisation is way off.....he tricks a guy into blowing him up and smiles about it in the first 5 mins.

Batman and Robin has a huge amount wrong like it's a truly awful film. But as a love letter to West era Batman it's actually pretty good.

1) The Dark Knight
2) The Batman
3) Batman Begins
4) Mask of the Phantasm
5) Lego Batman
6) Batman Returns
7) The Dark Knight Rises
8) Batman Forever
9) Batman (Keaton)
10) Batman V Superman
11) Batman (West)
12) Batman and Robin

It's about six month's away, but I'm already looking forward to seeing this one!

hflCiNtY6MA-HD.jpg
I'm looking forward to it because Nolan but also hoping he's learnt some of his mistakes from Tenet which was his first real misfire for me.

And new DC movies and tv shows to come.
i hope im proved wrong but i cant say im inspired, dont see the obvious connection through the stories, seems like they not bringing out several of the big names (WW, Aquaman, Green Lantern etc) so mixing the two obviously ones (supes and Bat) with some lesser known ones

Brave and the bold seems like a cool story...but feels very much like a stand alone one rather than the start of something big. Im wondering if theyre just going for films in the same universe rather than actually bring them all together in a justice league kind of deal eventually, like all we'll get is references to other heros on news broadcasts etc

Uncharted. Wasn't expecting much and didn't disappoint. Still, funny cameo from Nolan North and retained the score from the game.

Casting was just wrong. Wahlberg playing Walhberg again was no Sully. Holland just transposing Peter Parker into Nate. And Banderas wasted.

Uncharted. Wasn't expecting much and didn't disappoint. Still, funny cameo from Nolan North and retained the score from the game.

Casting was just wrong. Wahlberg playing Walhberg again was no Sully. Holland just transposing Peter Parker into Nate. And Banderas wasted.
i havent played the game so didn't have that casting comparison, i enjoyed it but i love a treasure hunt film! convinced Mrs Womble to watch the national treasure films, so good!...would be happy enough with another uncharted but from what ive read thats not happening

Latest posts