• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Watched the Hunger Games: Mockingbird part 2 this past weekend. Have to say the movie's ending was a little bit of a downer to what I thought was a good series...

Yeh it is a great comic arc, but would never have been possible for the big screen in one movie.

Excited to see Spider-Man cameo, Really disliked the amazing Spider-Man films.

Also liking the Star Wars TV spots esp the Stormtroopers and there new gear.

I actually went and bought the comics when i heard this was going to be the next film. completely understand they have had to re engineer the start as the MSU doesn't have thousands of people with superpowers but spidie plays a bit of a lynch pin role so wondering if they will just swap that role with an existing character? disappointing they couldn't introduce him in the last spidie film so he could still play the same role

I was a little underwhelmed by the trailer, whilst I know it's teaser we've already seen a fair bit of next years over big superhero smackdown. and well this one just felt it was missing something like Batman grappling hooking away from Superman's heat vision. Two guys whaling on Iron Man just isn't as cool or comic book like.

I have a huge amount of Batman bias BTW

I really like this movie.

I tried to watch it in its original language, but it's what the other English!

poster9.jpg

The only time of the Texas Ranger shot at maximum range of it not properly installed rear sight ...:cool:

Watched Spectre on Friday.

Really enjoyed it, and glad to see they are slowly getting back to the gadgets and all that...

Was just a bit too long...

Just re-watched Uncle Buck.
One of my all time favourite films, John Candy at his finest!

"Ever heard of a tune up? Heheheheheh"
"Ever heard of a ritual killing? Heheheheheh"

"Here's a quarter. Take it down town and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face. Have a nice day."

BVS OMG OMG trailer looked great.

Maybe showed a bit to much but OMG.

Side note don't like Eisenberg's Lex Luthor, he isn't the joker or Riddler for goodness sake.

Last edited:
Just watched it too - looks boss!
Never been a big DC fan but I'll definitely be watching that.

Agree with you on Luthor - Eisenberg's too young and....well, not bald.

Just watched it too - looks boss!
Never been a big DC fan but I'll definitely be watching that.

Agree with you on Luthor - Eisenberg's too young and....well, not bald.

Hoping Lex loses his hair and then gets more serious.

Also Jeremy Irons voice = GOAT

Really like Batfleck so far.

Always really liked the Batfleck casting it just feels right. Irons may outdo Caine's Alfred which is pretty impressive work.

There was promoshot that went round of bald Eisenberg clearly it happens at somepoint.
lex-luthor.jpg

Scowly Superman feels wrong though not sure how much of that will make the movie

What I'm really impresses me is world weary Batman we don't need a wet behind the ears Batman especially for in-continuity film series. Most stories establish him as crime fighting for years at probably the pinnacle of his prowess rather than the start and they work better for it. Plus we already have a great Batman Origin film no need to make another.
The other is the fights they feel like comic heroes duking it out far moreso than what we saw in the Cival War trailer they look great.

CGI Doomsday (who I think it's supposed to be) looks pants though effect team need step up on that one.

Talk is the Superman scene where Batman is tied might be a dream/vision who knows.

Doomsday looks like WB nicked the template of a LotR troll.

Apparently there are Parademons in it (judging by one scene) but I feel it might be Batman Drones or something like it. Not 100% sure.

Talk is the Superman scene where Batman is tied might be a dream/vision who knows.
It's certainly the impression I get Superman soldier are totally out of whack. Plus it feel like Batman takes Supes because of what he might become not who he is (which is Luthors entire schtick which kinda makes sense with him puppeteering events).

Plus in the scene Batman gets taken out by 4 of these guys I bet in reality it would take a lot more...

There's an image of a batman toy in the desert outfit called 'Knightmare Batman', suggests its a dream or something.

CGI often isn't finished at this stage so I'm not worried about it.

This is the movie I'm most excited for by far. Can't wait.

Just re-watched Uncle Buck.
One of my all time favourite films, John Candy at his finest!

"Ever heard of a tune up? Heheheheheh"
"Ever heard of a ritual killing? Heheheheheh"

"Here's a quarter. Take it down town and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face. Have a nice day."

1 of the greatest. Ha ha. John Candy was brilliant in this and well it's easily 1 of the best films.

On Superman trailer. Batfleck does look good just hope they don't ruin it by going to OTT. Is this a 2 film deal too?

Latest posts