• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Managed to find ´The Railwayman´ online at Putlocker. Marvelous film, well written, well directed, well acted; such an injustice to have not been a box office success but, more so, a reminder to us all that the previous generation went through more than we can possibly imagine as real. We´ve had it plain easy, living the freedom their lives ´bought´.

Just watched legend and it was OK. Tom Hardy plays Reggie well but stutters a bit with Ronnie although it must be hard playing such a complex and psychotic person.

Just watched "The Revenant" on saturday. Actually, I quite liked it. Just lacking depth a bit.

Deadpool.
I had high expectations and it exceeded them.

Was worried that all the good bits would've been in the trailer and it might be a bit cringe, but it was really superb.

Deadpool.
I had high expectations and it exceeded them.

Was worried that all the good bits would've been in the trailer and it might be a bit cringe, but it was really superb.
Yup just seen it myself took the wife for Valentine's Day. We both loved it.

landscape-1452594620-deadpool-romcom-banner.jpg

Yeah Deadpool was class to be sure. Refreshingly self-aware and funny. Plot is far from original but the humor and general sense of fun more than makes up for it. The Irish Times actually labelled it misoginyst and offensive to cancer sufferers. Clearly went into it not understanding what Deapool is about. The reviewer also slated Kingsman and a few other very good movies as awful in his ****ty pretentious article but I digress. Christ wept, I'm shocked it was printed given the hate it generated in the comments.

The Irish Times actually labelled it misoginyst and offensive to cancer sufferers. Clearly went into it not understanding what Deapool is about. The reviewer also slated Kingsman and a few other very good movies as awful in his ****ty pretentious article but I digress. Christ wept, I'm shocked it was printed given the hate it generated in the comments.

Reviewer reminds me of this:

tumblr_ljq77svYwA1qavmeoo1_500.gif

Fecking gif isn't working I think

Taking my brother (15) to it on Thursday.

Last edited:
I saw Deadpool yesterday. I really enjoyed it, as it was pretty great.
Best Marvel movie by far, but a lot of it by Deadpool's nature of mocking heroes, just like in the comic books and Reynold's acting.

Aye you can tell Reynolds loves Deadpool, he was made for it.
Apparently he's been trying to get it made for a decade now.

Loved the intro where it had the Ryan Reynolds Sexist Man on Earth magazine cover flying past the screen in slowmo

He already said that he wouldn't play another "hero" but Deadpool anymore.
Lot of Marvel jokes + references and making fun of himself, e.g. the Green Lantern photo in the wallet of that one villain, flying around in slow mo and Deadpool commenting on Reynolds' looks. Don't want to spoil too much.
I liked Ant Man, too, but this one surely is no.1.

Agreed Deadpool is easily the most true to character comic movie there is. It was fantastic from credits to credits. I am now eagerly awaiting X Men: Apocalypse

So I just got back from the cinema and must talk about Deadpool. Sorry if I ramble.

To put my life in context at the moment, I am living in Germany and aside from rent, spending around about 15 euros a week on all other living expenses (travel not included). So when I fork out 6 euros for cinema tickets, and another 8 for popcorn and drink - I die a little inside. But since I was 12 I have loved Deadpool and collected the comics; and have been following the struggle of this film to be made for four or five years now. So I felt I owed it to myself to see it.

I read generally positive reviews - both on here and from critics - but the trailer I felt was pretty poorly edited and the gags (if they were highlights) made it seem like it was going to be more Wolverine Origins than The Dark Knight. So I felt I got a lot more than I bargained.

Without Spoilers: For me it did exceptionally well at hitting the notes of what makes Deadpool good. I've had Ryan Reynolds as the voice in my head when I have been reading it for years, but his performance was exactly how I wanted it to be played. The breaking of the fourth wall was a gag that I thought could have really been done poorly. Nope, they nailed it. They didn't throw the fourth wall effect in anyone's face - in fact Reynolds delivered the lines quickly and timed well, as to not distract from the story.

The cast weren't superstars (in fact the film does brilliantly to reference that it was never going to have the same budget as the avengers) - but they all did extremely well. NEXT LINE IS A SPOILER - SORT OF: Very interesting that they went with Ajax as the bad guy. He is the most consistent villain in the Deadpool series, but his character wasn't really similar to that of the comic character. He was quite generic if I am honest, but it worked well as a foil for Deadpool's character (if there happens to be a sequel Ajax may very well feature).

If there was one thing missing it was a little bit of the sad and dark undertone that Deadpool may be a damaged and ultimately bad person. My favorite story of Deadpool was a Cable and Deadpool cross over, with one run being called A Murder in Paradise. Extremely funny, but it always points out that Deadpool isn't a hero, because he may just be a bad person behind all those jokes. Later in the series Ajax haunts Deadpool, and has the line "Well, then, Wade, what does that REALLY say about you then? Is it that the number got so high you just stopped caring…or is it that you never cared to begin with and that's why the number got so high? Yes, that's what I thought. You're so far lost you don't even know the answer".

Maybe this is something that could continue if there is a sequel.

As it is, fantastic. Was never going to be The Dark Knight. Never tried to be. Much better than I expected.

As a deadpool comic fan can't wait to see it.

But talking about the comics whilst deadpool is an excellent character, Liefeld was a shocking artist at times.

As a deadpool comic fan can't wait to see it.

But talking about the comics whilst deadpool is an excellent character, Liefeld was a shocking artist at times.

If there is one thing that really annoys me with Deadpool, is that depending who writes and draws I can generally find many of them quite terrible.

I hate, hate the yellow and white thought bubbles. Daniel Way's stupid second thought bubble really ****** me off. Patrick Zircher's work is beautiful.

(Slight spoiler?)
None of the people I saw it with have read any of the comics so didn't appreciate the appearance of Bob.
I thought it was a great touch, especially just in passing.

Baker was a shocking drawer as well.

It's a shame thinking about it, he is a great idea but it has had some crap people working on it.

(Slight spoiler?)
None of the people I saw it with have read any of the comics so didn't appreciate the appearance of Bob.
I thought it was a great touch, especially just in passing.

Yeah, it was a fantastic throw away cameo. I thought (again slight spoiler) Blind Al was done pretty perfectly (although maybe missed out on some abuse).

Baker was a shocking drawer as well.

It's a shame thinking about it, he is a great idea but it has had some crap people working on it.

Yep. Was probably never going to get a Jim Lee or Frank Miller working on it; but Marvel have treated it pretty lightly. Brian Posehn (the mail guy from Just Shoot Me...) was given a run for some weird reason. I think people can go 'too wacky' and go for 'random humor' - which isn't my thing. Much prefer his character trying to survive in a mainstream sort of run.

Last edited:

Latest posts