• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Movie Thread

Jaws the movie is much better than the book - the book has a load of weirdly gratuitous sex scenes in
Surprised it even got turned into a movie off of the back of the book - I thought the book came afterwards
I didn't even know it was a book. Lol.

That film ruined their rep.

Shark Week GIF by Storyful

See, I loved The Hobbit, then got a few chapters into LOTR and just got bored.
yeah....just not for you, fellowship was definitely the hardest for me to get through (and the cut decent parts from the movie) but TT and RotK i couldn't put down. it is truly one book with the classic three part structure, a whole book that is essentially a really long intro and setting of the stakes

The one thing books can't do is the musical score, which for me really associates the music to the story and characters:

We've had some iconic composers this and last century: John Williams, Ennio Morricone, Hans Zimmer, Bill Conti to name a few.

Watched The Northman this evening,

Not what I was expecting tbh, a lot weirder/more mythical (I didn't realise it was based on an old story). Thought it was going to be grander, more battles and/or raiding

Still enjoyed it well enough, though, and the landscape shots of Iceland were incredible - not been as impressed with views like that since the LOTR trilogy

Watched The Northman this evening,

Not what I was expecting tbh, a lot weirder/more mythical (I didn't realise it was based on an old story). Thought it was going to be grander, more battles and/or raiding

Still enjoyed it well enough, though, and the landscape shots of Iceland were incredible - not been as impressed with views like that since the LOTR trilogy
i wanted it on a long haul flight, dont know what i was expecting...but not that....felt very "real"....not hollywood

Everything everywhere all at once. Not my cup of tea. Found it confusing and weird. Don't know why it won best film. Probably because there was no other standout.

They should do an Indiana Jones movie; where someone (probably of colour) goes around stealing artefacts from museums, returning them to the natives they ought to belong to in the first place.

Do that as a TV show, and do America's favourite of 12+ seasons at 20+ episodes per season, doing an artefact-of-the-week, and never leave the British Museum!

They should do an Indiana Jones movie; where someone (probably of colour) goes around stealing artefacts from museums, returning them to the natives they ought to belong to in the first place.

Do that as a TV show, and do America's favourite of 12+ seasons at 20+ episodes per season, doing an artefact-of-the-week, and never leave the British Museum!
Isn't that the first Black Panther movie?

Has anyone seen it (the Mario movie) yet?
Was going to this weekend but I've had a stinking cold so will try again next
It's tough to gauge what opinion of it is from somewhere like metacritic cause you've got overly opinionated critics giving it crap scores because they have a preconceived notion of what it is and then the fans all bombing it with 10/10s to counter

Can't say I have or will until it comes out on Netflix - not aimed at me. Just surprised just how successful it's been despite poor critical reviews (what do they know anyway?). Suppose it really does show there is a market out there if the films are made post Covid, especially such a massive brand like Mario for families and kids

Mark Kermode has said multiple times and written about how critics have zero impact on the box office.

Critics I trust have panned it though so I'm giving the cinema run a miss. I've also heard zero word of mouth which suggests it's families on the Waster break rather than cutting through to the adult memebers of the audience.

I've also heard zero word of mouth which suggests it's families on the Waster break rather than cutting through to the adult memebers of the audience.
Surprised at that. Would have thought that was the prime market ie to bring it to new generation.

Latest posts