• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The NFL Thread

Broncos by two. They had 8 in pass protection with two receivers vs rookie CBs, hence the yardage they got...Denver don't play well in poor weather.

How can you Bronco Fans just sit there and watch as Plunger plays like crap week in, week out.

Surely Patrick Ramsey cant be that expensive to get.

It's not week in week out though, he does play well a lot of the time. Plus he fits Denver's system perfectly because he can run. We have no reason to dump him...last season he got over 4,000 yards passing and 27TDs (as well as 20INTs). At least 7 of those interceptions were caused by tipped passes from the WRs...look at the SD game for example. I'm still willing to stick by him because he is the best fit for the Denver offense in the league. Jake can play well for a few games and go unnoticed. As soon as he has a bad one, he's jumped on by the media. No fair I say.

NE next match...it'll be a toughie. Possibly. But after Atlanta ran for over 100 yards on them, I'm sure we can at least get our ground game going. + Champ's back
<

Patriots are riding Tom Brady this year, Matt Schuab torched their Secondary for 3 TD's with the Falcons recievers FFS.

It seems like Brady and Peyton have swapped roles this year, Instead of Peyton getting into Shootouts and Brady just riding the D and Corey Dillion its now Brady getting into shootouts and Manning riding the Edge and Freeny.

End of the day - Patriots by 10.

Heh, I think the Denver D is just playing off in the second half to protect our rookie corners. Or something. A good win, Plummer's not thrown an INT in 17 quarters. Didn't see that one coming did you?

don't worry he'll choke when it counts!

All those ex-Brownies are getting it done, thats good coaching right there.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed@Oct 18 2005, 04:27 AM
Heh, I think the Denver D is just playing off in the second half to protect our rookie corners.  Or something.  A good win, Plummer's not thrown an INT in 17 quarters.  Didn't see that one coming did you?
Meh, then again its not like Shanahan and Kubaik are making him throw 60 times a day like that fool Martz is doing with Marc Bulger.

How many games a week do you get on Pommyville? We get Sunday and Monday Night Football and Sportscentre and thats it. The only way I can usually see my Rams is if I watch the 2 minute Highlights of each game on NFL.com

Originally posted by Ripper@Oct 21 2005, 08:16 AM
Meh, then again its not like Shanahan and Kubaik are making him throw 60 times a day like that fool Martz is doing with Marc Bulger.

How many games a week do you get on Pommyville? We get Sunday and Monday Night Football and Sportscentre and thats it. The only way I can usually see my Rams is if I watch the 2 minute Highlights of each game on NFL.com
When he does, he tends to get about 400-500 yards, 3-4TDs and 2-3INTs. But he's looked so much more comfortable in the pocket this season, not just on the rollout.

We get 2 Sunday and MNF, so not much. Whenever I watch the broncos live, they lose (apart from the game vs Colts backups). Whenever I watch them on the NFL.com sportscentre, they win by a very small margin. So I'm just not going to...

lol...

2 Sunday Games is better then one I guess.

so how about that NFC North hah? The Packers and Vikings - Both 1 and 4 are one win off the Divison Lead.

At the momemt I am tipping a Colts/Seahawks Superbowl... Although the NFC is anyones guess, could be the Giants, Cowboys, Rams, Eagles, Bucs, Falcons e.t.c...

Seahawks? come on, they get serious homesickness...Plus the Colts aren't as prolific as last year.

Sure, they arent as Prolific as last year, but they are the only undefeated team left (I think), and at the rate they are going they are set to break all the records set by the 2000 Ravens D.

As well as that Peyton Manning could cut loose anytime he wants, as we saw against the ***ans. He usually only puts up 4200 yards with 25 touchdowns and 15 interceptions most years anyway.

The Seahawks at the moment are on track to take the NFC, which isnt really anything to brag about. Bledsoe is going to slow down, get injured or sacked 8 times in a game and go down with the Cowboys, the Redskins are about to self destruct, the Vikings blow and the Eagles arent as good as last year.

Oh...My...f***ing...God. Some absolutely disgusting reffing combined with another prevent 4th Quarter D and we lose on pretty much the last play of the game. 24-23 Giants :'( Why does Coyer back off in the 4th and then blitz at the wrong time leaving our secondary out to dry?

Caught the Bengals- Steelers game yesterday. Palmer was made to look ordinary and Big Ben looked so at ease, he really showed up Pollack and Thurman's inexperience with his connections to Miller at TE and then of course the Steelers running game. Mebbe if Johnson's TD catch had been upheld and Graham got that early kick on target it might have been different.

Originally posted by Muse_Cubed+Oct 24 2005, 08:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Muse_Cubed @ Oct 24 2005, 08:24 PM)</div>
Oh...My...f***ing...God.  Some absolutely disgusting reffing combined with another prevent 4th Quarter D and we lose on pretty much the last play of the game.  24-23 Giants :'(  Why does Coyer back off in the 4th and then blitz at the wrong time leaving our secondary out to dry?[/b]
2 Words.

Mike. Shanahan.

Why you lot havent made Kubaik Head Coach yet is one of lifes greatest mysteries in my eyes.

Why any other team hasnt yet is even a bigger mystery.

In other news...

<!--QuoteBegin-NFL.com

Martz Medically Unable To Coach This Season; Vitt To Continue As Interim Head Coach
Monday, October 24, 2005

By Nick Wagoner
Senior Writer

Rams coach Mike Martz has been declared medically unable to coach for the remainder of the 2005 season. Martz told the Rams today that after further examination with treating physician Dr. Victoria Fraser, his illness will prevent him from performing his duties for the rest of the season.

Martz left the team and was admitted to Barnes Jewish Hospital on Sept. 30 for treatment and evaluation. Martz announced on Oct. 10 that he would be leaving the team. Interim head coach Joe Vitt will continue in his duties as the head coach for the rest of the season.

The originally scheduled 3 p.m press conference was moved back to 4:30 p.m. today.

SUPERBOWL TIME!

I understand that you can watch NFL in your respective countries. In France the only one match of the whole season is the superbowl and this means that you don't sleep.

NFL is really not popular here. Gridiron is played in some places and there's even a national championship as well as a European league, but that's like baseball or cricket no one care. Is NFL popular in your countries?

Popular enough in NZ, aint exactly taking over soon, but at the same time it isnt like no one has ever heard of it or is aware of its existance.

The Madden series is the most popular Sports Video Game at my school in a survey some 6th Formers did last year. Up in Auckland there is a regular gridion league which has a small cult following.

hmmm, so kiwis life the NFL? who'd a thunk it.

and they got into from playing video games, hahaha

actually, i know an english dude who hated football then all of a sudden he's a fan... thanks to Madden... although he still maintains he's always been a fan... yea right

There's an Irish Ameteur Legaue. Teams play for the Shamrock Bowl every year. There are about 10 teams now, and Universities are taking it up more and more.

Ah, we blew out the Eagles, 49-21. Sweet. 300yards, 4TDs for Jake
<
Two hundred yard rushers (Bell and Anderson). Whaddya know?

Latest posts