• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official NRL 2006 Thread

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
I aint confident going into this match against the warriors.

Especially since Folksey has named the same side :mellow: But im waiting for changes to be made seeing as he picked Emilio...who is injured.

The boys just need to buck up their ideas and actually want to win..they didnt even turn up on sunday <_<

Originally posted by St Helens RLFC@Apr 26 2006, 03:05 AM
What's going on with the BUNNIEZ?
they suck..i wish russel crowe moved them to super league..then they can have some pride in the jersey by winning every game there...but no,russel had to throw his phone at the super league officials...and yet they stay in the world class-above the earth interms of league-gigantic brazilliant foot ball game known as the NRL....

its very sad..i mean,they totally suit the super league...fumbling knock ons,defensive zig zag lines,players with silly stupid accents,a couple of islanders here and there(mainly there best players),ugly repulsive uniform...they would fit right in next to st helens

stupid bunnyz

GO NRL'Z!!!!!!!!

*sigh* how stupid can reni maitua get.

DId he not learn from a fellow team mate of his ;)

Ohwell he's been dropped from fg and gone to pl and ben roberts now has his spot...its about time he got in fg tbh

HAZEEEEMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

He is a deadset legend..well he was before but he is more of a legend now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hazem El Masri has passed former Bulldog Terry Lamb's club tryscoring record after producing a hat-trick and scoring 22 points in tonights 38-22 win over the highly-fancied Knights at Telstra Stadium.

El Masri started the match out on 121 club tries, two behind Lambs' effort of 123. Joining the great five-eighth was not on Hazems' mind as he surpassed Lamb with his third try in the 67th minute to cement his name in the Bulldogs record books once again before capping off the night with his 600th goal moments before full-time.

The Knights opened the scoring through a penalty goal to halfback Andrew Johns in the 10th minute before Hazem El Masri opened the 'Dogs scoring with a freakish try out wide. He failed to convert his own try as the scoreboard read 4-2 after 15 minutes of football.

It didn't take too long for the visitors to hit back with winger Brian Carney intercepting and running sixty metres to score just 3 minutes later. Johns failed to convert but the Knights were back in front 6-4.

The Bulldogs then had their chances down the other end but the Knights were the ones consolidating and in the 22nd minute they skipped out to an 8-point lead courtesy of a try to Clint Newton adjacent to the posts. Johns made no mistake this time around and the Knights led 12-4.

A disallowed try to Willie Mason after knocking the ball on in the 27th minute only seemed to spur on the 'Dogs as they ran in two quick tries via an impressive Corey Hughes. His first attempt was straight from dummy half and the second came from some great lead-up work from Holdsworth and Grimaldi. El Masri converted both tries and the Bulldogs had themselves out in front with four minutes remaining.

The Knights however were keen to set the record straight and in the final moments of the half Anthony Quinn dove over for a vital try after some swift ball movement found Carmont out wide before unloading to Quinn.

The second half was shaping up to be a cracker and after 10 minutes of solid football from both sides, the Bulldogs broke the deadlock in the 51st minute after El Masri dove over for his second of the night. The conversion was no test for the point-scoring wizard as he put the Bulldogs out in front 22-16.

Just four minutes later five-eighth Daniel Holdsworth took on the line and shot straight through the sloppy Knights' defence before crashing over to score. El Masri added the extras after a slip-up and the Bulldogs were looking good at 28-16 with 25 minutes remaining.

The Knights then had their fair share of possession and in the end only had themselves to blame after George Carmont raced 60 metres only to have no team mate willing to play the roll of dummy half as the Bulldogs pounced on the loose ball.

Sonny Bill Williams was explosive out in the centres and after several busts down field his efforts finally paid off as the Bulldogs got themselves in good position to strike the deadly blow and the man to do the job was Hazem El Masri. Brent Sherwin was his accomplice as he threaded a neat grubber into the corner before Hazem completed the hat-trick of tries with a beautiful take. His attempt from the sideline hit the posts but the scoreline was enough to make him smile as the home side stretched out to 32-16.

The Knights then launched an attack on the Bulldogs with plenty of pressure applied to the 'Dogs defensive line before finally getting through in the 72nd minute with Quinn grabbing a double.

Handling errors then cost the Knights any chance of a miracle come-back and with just moments on the clock Bulldogs utility Reni Maitua joined the party after beating his opposite number with a good in-and-away to score in the corner. El Masri brought up his 600th goal with a successfull conversion fom out wide as the Bulldogs romped home 38-22 winners.

BULLDOGS: 38
Tries: 7
Hazem El Masri (3), Corey Hughes (2), Daniel Holdsworth, Reni Maitua
Goals: 5
Hazem El Masri (5/7)

KNIGHTS: 22
Tries: 4
Anthony Quinn (2), Brian Carney, Clint Newton
Goals: 3
Andrew Johns (3/5)[/b]

Woah its round 19 already!!!

Theres only 8 rounds left..until the play-offs!!

Roy doesnt have long left at the club :(

Hm i can't wait till Friday..the Dragons vs Dogs match is gunna be awesome :D

:bana:

Lol 25-0. :D

The roosters sure do suck. I never got to watch the game, as the All Blacks played at the same time!! :eek: . But i hear Nate has started playing for the Rorters already.

25 POINTS TO NILL :D :D :D

Parramatta have lost FuiFui MoiMoi for 7 weeks which rules him out for the rest of the rounds and the first round of the playoffs after pleading guilty to a high tackle on Sea Egles prop Brent Kite.

Rueben Wiki gets one week for an early guilty plea as well.

With 5 weeks of the comp to go my top 8 is this:

STORM
BULLDOGS
BRONCOS
SEA EAGLES
DRAGONS
EELS
COWBOYS
KNIGHTS

in that order...

i wonder how close i will be :)

Storm/Bulldogs - With Storm taking it out

Although that doggy forward pack is due for an injury or suspension crisis.

Yeah, storm will win the comp this year easily. No one is even close to them anymore... They're just too good.

Although, I'm tipping a Dragons v Storm GF

IMO i see the minor premiership as a curse. Rorters won it in 04..lost to us in the GF. Eels won it last year..didnt even make the GF!!..so therefore im glad Melbourne will be winning it. B)

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Aug 2 2006, 03:27 PM
IMO i see the minor premiership as a curse. Rorters won it in 04..lost to us in the GF. Eels won it last year..didnt even make the GF!!..so therefore im glad Melbourne will be winning it. B)
Yeah, lots of people like to say that, but it all depends on the team... I think pretty much every time the Broncos won the comp they were invariably also the minor premiers, the Panthers were in 03 as well.

P.S In 04 we would have beat the cantebury pack rapists if Ricky Stuart picked someone other than Chris 'couldn't tackle a toddler' Walker on the wing marking Utai.

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 2 2006, 04:41 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi
@Aug 2 2006, 03:27 PM
IMO i see the minor premiership as a curse. Rorters won it in 04..lost to us in the GF. Eels won it last year..didnt even make the GF!!..so therefore im glad Melbourne will be winning it.  B)
Yeah, lots of people like to say that, but it all depends on the team... I think pretty much every time the Broncos won the comp they were invariably also the minor premiers, the Panthers were in 03 as well.

P.S In 04 we would have beat the cantebury pack rapists if Ricky Stuart picked someone other than Chris 'couldn't tackle a toddler' Walker on the wing marking Utai. [/b]
ahh yes

gotto remember Walker and Sticky Burn

The Stalwarts :p @ the roosters, and illustrious careers to follow

Like Anasta :bleh!:

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 2 2006, 04:41 PM-->
IMO i see the minor premiership as a curse. Rorters won it in 04..lost to us in the GF. Eels won it last year..didnt even make the GF!!..so therefore im glad Melbourne will be winning it.  B)

P.S In 04 we would have beat the cantebury pack rapists if Ricky Stuart picked someone other than Chris 'couldn't tackle a toddler' Walker on the wing marking Utai. [/b]
Oh yes lets resort to calling them rapists..seriously..please get over it.

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+Aug 2 2006, 04:18 PM-->
Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 2 2006, 04:41 PM

P.S In 04 we would have beat the cantebury pack rapists if Ricky Stuart picked someone other than Chris 'couldn't tackle a toddler' Walker on the wing marking Utai.
Oh yes lets resort to calling them rapists..seriously..please get over it. [/b]
Oh yeah, lets resort to calling the Roosters the 'rorters'.. seriously please. get over it.

:p .

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 2 2006, 05:29 PM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Aug 2 2006, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 2 2006, 04:41 PM

Oh yes lets resort to calling them rapists..seriously..please get over it.
Oh yeah, lets resort to calling the Roosters the 'rorters'.. seriously please. get over it.

:p . [/b]
Seriously please

Stop stating the facts we already know

Bulldogs = Rapists
Roosters = Rorters

Now please settle down and be good boys and shake hands, stop being in denial.

Oh and we have a new thug in the league

FuiFui MoiMoi

Yes I am looking at you Woosaah :bleh!:

Latest posts