• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official NRL 2006 Thread

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
Oh yes injuries are great arnt they!!! :rolleyes:

FFS how could we even attempt to win with a 1 man bench!!!

The Bulldogs didn't even show up to play.

I don't even care we lost. I'm more worried over Roy and Willie T.

Being down after the Stags game, was quite surprised to come back and see the blown out scoreline in that game.

I loved the early 90's Raiders especially 94. Can you help me here AK47, which game was it when Raiders had a scrum on their own 20, did a move where Brett Mullins (bless him) cut straight through the opposition backline to run 80 and score that year? Think it may have been a finals game...

Last night was a f***ing gay night..stags lost..doggies lost..roy got injured.. :( :( <_< :angry: :(

IMO Willie shouldnt have been on report. Ffs. Stephen Clark just doesnt like him!!! :%#%#:

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Aug 19 2006, 11:54 AM
Last night was a f***ing gay night..stags lost..doggies lost..roy got injured.. :( :( <_< :angry: :(

IMO Willie shouldnt have been on report. Ffs. Stephen Clark just doesnt like him!!! :%#%#:
Willie always goes high, he's a thug.

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 19 2006, 01:04 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi
@Aug 19 2006, 11:54 AM
Last night was a f***ing gay night..stags lost..doggies lost..roy got injured.. :(  :(  <_<  :angry:  :(

Willie always goes high, he's a thug. [/b]
And other players dont??

ANd he hit his shoulders. Not his head ffs.

Lol at Wayne Bennett..saying that Mason should have been sent off. Hes such a f***wit..hes really showing his age now!!!

Come now Kimmy, can you seriously say that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd have disagreed? Somehow I think that if Folks complained about a Broncos' high shot you wouldn't have minded.

yeh i agree with sanzar. while i support the broncos i am not going to be bias in saying that broncos are the best in the world and showed that last nite...they are definately the bench marks. Anyway continuing with my non-bias views i think u r being bias kimmy in saying willie shouldntv been put on report. He clearly did the wrong thing...if it wasnt high then it certainly was late! Willie went in there to hurt him...if he was trying to complete a decent takcle then he would have gone lower and come underneath his rib cage, lifted him up, drove him back and smashed him to the ground. Willie's intentions were blatantly obvious

Originally posted by sanzar@Aug 19 2006, 02:38 PM
Come now Kimmy, can you seriously say that if the shoe was on the other foot you'd have disagreed? Somehow I think that if Folks complained about a Broncos' high shot you wouldn't have minded.
Depends how high the shot was. Willie's tackle hit the Bronco's players shoulders. Not his head!!

Originally posted by Rugby's_a_Religion@Aug 19 2006, 11:06 PM
yeh i agree with sanzar. while i support the broncos i am not going to be bias in saying that broncos are the best in the world and showed that last nite...they are definately the bench marks. Anyway continuing with my non-bias views i think u r being bias kimmy in saying willie shouldntv been put on report. He clearly did the wrong thing...if it wasnt high then it certainly was late! Willie went in there to hurt him...if he was trying to complete a decent takcle then he would have gone lower and come underneath his rib cage, lifted him up, drove him back and smashed him to the ground. Willie's intentions were blatantly obvious
Oh yes cos willie is such a thug whenever he does a high shot he means it!!

Meh i'm over this subject. I have my views. And you have yours. I'll respect your opinions even if i don't agree with them..

Oh and Rugbys a religion..how am i being bias with my comments on Wayne Bennett. How did Willie deserve to be sent off..sure it was a 'high' and late tackle..but he isnt the first player to do so..and he wont be the last!!

CBF posting the story...Willie T is out for the season..had reconstruction surgery today...Roy will be back in 4-5 weeks..only will be back if we make the GF.

Makes my week!!!

hopefully willie T will be back 100% and ready next year cos he has dun **** all since 2004 when he played for queensland and australia

Originally posted by dobrien7@Aug 19 2006, 12:10 PM
Being down after the Stags game, was quite surprised to come back and see the blown out scoreline in that game.

I loved the early 90's Raiders especially 94. Can you help me here AK47, which game was it when Raiders had a scrum on their own 20, did a move where Brett Mullins (bless him) cut straight through the opposition backline to run 80 and score that year? Think it may have been a finals game...
would have been around 93-94-95

Gary Belcher was our FB until that time and we wouldnt have been good enough to do that move after 95 ;)

GO THE MIGHTY RAIDERS

And did i not say that a few injuries are due @ the kennel

didnt think it would hit in one game though.........glad it has and now finishing 7th aint that bad

ok the 8 is pretty much sorted with just the panthers able to come up.

if the eels take the the broncos i see them being a real thread (finally) in the finals :) i cant beleive i almost gave up on the season :)
thith the points difference only the raiders dragons and knights are in trouble of falling out of the 8. though saying that, the knights have a bye in the last round so they are secure. raiders v storm and v sharks if they lose both those games that is the only way they will drop out. i see them losing to the storm but not to the sharks.

the next two rounds will be crutial for the top 8 placings with 5 teams on 28 points. and if the sea eagles lose they could still finish at 5th.

its coming to that time of the year again!!!!

yep last few rounds will be interesting with only the teams in the first few spots guarnteed to finish where they are. big log jam of teams on 28 points and seeing who ends up where will be interesting.

Raiders will give melbourne a good run for their money this weekend

any game at canberra @ back end of season is a hard task for the visitors

Losing to Warriors wont do the confidence any good

I think we have a better chance to win this weekend than sharkes

Canberra away - worse than souths
Canberra @ home - can beat anyone on their day...hopefully our day come this weekend so i dont have to check my bloody pressure come round 26

no the warriors defintely can't make it. they are on 22 points with 2 games to go. the maximun points they can get is 26 and the team in 8th position is on 28 points.

the eels have been in good form wining a good numbe of games in a row. it will be interesting to see if they can keep the good form up coming into the finals

well two games to go, they are one of the hot teams to follow. as well as the dragons, storm (i am thinkin its only a minor hiccup against the warriors every good run has to come to an end sometime) and the bulldogs.

this competition is so close its awesome. the salary cap clearly works to an extent with the closeness of the teams. hopefully the air new zealand cup makes it just as competitive in the years to come

i cant beleive its been 26 weeks since i started this thread, and this is reply number 99 o_O thats aweful. it would have been great to get more people who are interested in both rugby and league into this board. It doesnt help that most kiwi supporters follow the warriors, who if they didnt lose those 4 points at the start of the season would be 7th equal and a good chance to be in the playoffs. Now it is down to 8 with just the last round chosing the final positions.

Lets go through the final weeks games aye...

Fri 1st Sept
Cowboys v Eels
The Cowboys havnt had the best of seasons. Only winning 10 so far and currently sitting on 24 points they cant make the top 8 so they are playing for pride. The eels on the other hand were stopped short of the best run home they have had in years after losing to the broncos last week and putting a dent in the sides chances at making the top 4. They had won 9 games in a row before being toppled 23-0. If they win they need to win by a decent margin to have any chance of securing a home semi.

Sat 2nd September
Sharks v Raiders
Sharks also are out of finals contention only winning 9 of their games this season. The raiders realistically can move up to 7th place with point differential being a big worry. they need to win by over 50 to change that. They also have the worst defensive record in the top 8.

Storm V Sea Eagles
A preview of a finals game perhaps? (not necisarily the gf but maybe a minor or a major who knows) sea eagles can only move down from here and need to put on a strong performance agains the storm to keep up a good leadin to the finals. They bet the bulldogs by a point last week can they pull it out again and beat the storm? The Storm, already secured the minor premiership will be touch as its at their home ground. they will also need to win to keep the momentum up leading into the final 8.

Roosters v Dragons
Dragons can move into 5th spot or drop down to 7th if they lose. Roosters dont look like beating an egg with a whisk at the moment so no problems there i wouldnt think. but they could also end up being left in 6th position.

Panthers v Bulldogs
panthers season over, bulldogs pretty much got second in the bag. would be good if they win but have been on a bit of a downward trend in the last couple of games. whoever they play in the finals will not be to worried as their form has been crap.

West v Rabbits....
who cares, really :)

broncos vs warriors.
will show the makeup of the top 8. Warriors will want a good win to finish the season on a high, havnt played to bad a fotty this year. if they hadnt lost those 4 points at the start they would be in the final 8. broncos finally out of their slump.

should be a decnet weekend of footy and will be great to see some finals coming up.

your thoughts on my thoughts?

Latest posts