• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official NRL 2006 Thread

• Thread starter THE CHIROPRACTOR101
  • Start date
yep the warriors could still make it. slim chance though they have to win every game then hope a team in the 8 basically loses all of their games. warriors would be in the 8 if it wasn't for the -4 points. i

Broncos 5 losses in a row - that's what Warriors need but from a lower team in the 8

How good did the Doggies play yesterday!!! :bleh!:

Ok..we coulda played abit better..aslong as the boys know they are still on planet earth!!!!!!!!! :cheers:

Quiz time :p

How many times have the RAIDERS lost in golden point??

NEVER :bleh!:

Never have we lost in golden point.

Thus when the pressure is on, we know how to win. :D

Did you watch yesterdays game???...The Raiders were miles off side many times. Ffs officials these days.. ;)

I'm glad the tigers lost though..but ffs.

after the replays, the officials officials (does that make sense?) said that they were the correct calls

so you will have to give it to carney, he played to the letter of the law. i to first thought he was off side, but if they reviewed the refs performance and it showed otherwise i back them

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 15 2006, 06:38 PM
after the replays, the officials officials (does that make sense?) said that they were the correct calls

so you will have to give it to carney, he played to the letter of the law. i to first thought he was off side, but if they reviewed the refs performance and it showed otherwise i back them
Correct

on the naked eye he looked offside

on replay when the ball passes the back ankle during the play the ball - carney can go.....the replay froze the shot when the dummy half picked it up which was 2 seconds after Carney had the right to go - which made him look offside

He was ONSIDE on the first FG attempt

That second though he was offside, by miles, and if the shoe were on the other foot - i'd be blowing up.

but again, the penalty count was 12-3 tigers
Mogg got tackled after playing the ball with 2 mins left, and we lost possession and no penalty was given

There are tonnes of dodgy's

Carney is the next Joey Johns - without the mouth :bleh!:

Steve Clarke is still a dick!!..his touchie said that the raiders were offside but i quote Clarke "i didnt feel like giving a penalty"..ffs its not whether you wanna give away a penalty or not..my god!!

Ohwell..its not like it was the Bulldogs..so i dont give a shizz. :p ..But Steve Clarke fudges me off.

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Aug 16 2006, 06:53 PM
Steve Clarke is still a dick!!..his touchie said that the raiders were offside but i quote Clarke "i didnt feel like giving a penalty"..ffs its not whether you wanna give away a penalty or not..my god!!

Ohwell..its not like it was the Bulldogs..so i dont give a shizz. :p ..But Steve Clarke fudges me off.
Agreed i hate clark and ur dogs

I just hope we dont finsih 7th or 8th - there's no point turning up otherwise

basically if u finish above 7th - u get 2 bites at the cherry

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 17 2006, 11:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Kimmy_The_Kiwi
@Aug 16 2006, 06:53 PM

Ohwell..its not like it was the Bulldogs..so i dont give a shizz.  :p ..But Steve Clarke fudges me off.

basically if u finish above 7th - u get 2 bites at the cherry [/b]
Well if you hate my dogs i hate your raiders. :p

Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi+Aug 17 2006, 09:38 PM-->
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 17 2006, 11:14 AM

Ohwell..its not like it was the Bulldogs..so i dont give a shizz.  :p ..But Steve Clarke fudges me off.

Well if you hate my dogs i hate your raiders. :p [/b]
1994 biatch :p

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 18 2006, 10:17 AM
wasnt that menigas last game?
SURE WAS :bravo:

And had an interception with 5 mins to go to score the last try, in the last game of 1994, in his last game of his career

Rabs Call

"Interception.....Meninga..........McCrackens chasing"
Fatty in background
"Go big fella.........go big fella"

Mal fends off the blonde kiwi :p , for th elast 10 metres and stumbles over, and seals the GF........and a great fairwell to a great player!!!!

i remember seeing a reply of that, cant remember where or when, but it could have been one of the classic matches on sky a couple of weeks ago :)

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 18 2006, 10:05 AM-->
Originally posted by Kimmy_The_Kiwi@Aug 17 2006, 09:38 PM

1994 biatch :p [/b]
Shut your mouth!! :p ..ffs i can't even remember that..i was only around 2 or 3.

Originally posted by woosaah@Aug 18 2006, 01:38 PM
i remember seeing a reply of that, cant remember where or when, but it could have been one of the classic matches on sky a couple of weeks ago :)
Speaking of Classic Matches. Did anyone watch the Knights vs Dogs from 02!!..What a great game..so glad to see it again!!! :D

Originally posted by ak47+Aug 18 2006, 09:05 AM-->

1994 biatch :p [/b]
The Raiders team of that era was just ridiculously good. The buggers had a team that probably would have beaten GB and NZ by itself without too much trouble... heck most of em played for the Kangaroos! A team like that now would put you even further over the cap than the Bulldogs were in 2002 :bleh!: .

Originally posted by sanzar+Aug 18 2006, 05:32 PM-->
Originally posted by ak47@Aug 18 2006, 09:05 AM

1994 biatch :p
The Raiders team of that era was just ridiculously good. The buggers had a team that probably would have beaten GB and NZ by itself without too much trouble... heck most of em played for the Kangaroos! A team like that now would put you even further over the cap than the Bulldogs were in 2002 :bleh!: . [/b]
:cheers: :bravo:

Pinning this one!!!!

Brilliant :D

FFS people..stop living in the past :p 1994...2006. 12 years ago!!!..

GOSH even i have gotten over 2004..it took awhile though!!.. :p

WOW! Bulldogs were pumped last night in an absolutely humiliating display against the Broncos!

Check this out:

Broncos crush wounded Dogs

By James Hooper
August 19, 2006 BRISBANE'S five-match losing "slump" is officially over but the ***le aspirations of the Bulldogs were placed on ice last night after star internationals Roy Asotasi and Willie Tonga suffered potentially season-ending injuries.

In a surprising and stunning upset, the Broncos returned to form as hooker Shaun Berrigan bagged a pair of tries against a 14-man Bulldogs squad decimated by injuries.
Compounding matters further for the Belmore outfit, Australia forward Willie Mason was placed on report for a high tackle that had Brisbane coach Wayne Bennett calling for the Bulldogs forward to be sent off.

In spite of the dramatic aftermath - and the Bulldogs being held scoreless for the first time since 2004 - coach Steve Folkes remained upbeat about the Dogs premiership tilt.

"There's a fair bit of doom and gloom in here and I don't feel there should be," Folkes said.

"The result is probably the kick in the backside we need before the semis, I'm disappointed but I'm not about to commit hari kari or anything."

Elated at ending a five-match losing sequence against the team running second on the NRL ladder, Bennett was relaxed and happy until quizzed about the Mason tackle on halfback Shane Perry.

But Folkes was swift to retaliate, declaring Mason had asked Perry where he hit him in the dressing rooms after the match and the Broncos halfback had replied "on the shoulder".

"I don't think you get sent off for that do you, hitting someone on the shoulder," Folkes said.

Mason confirmed he had spoken to Perry, saying: "He said it definitely hit him on the shoulder.

"I don't think I'll have much of a case to answer there unless they get me just for hitting him late. But I definitely didn't get him high.

"I was a bit worried there for a while, but hopefully the replay and the judiciary can give me a fair hearing.

Told Bennett had called for him to be sent off, Mason replied: "I was just talking to him then, he was just sort of geeing up, it probably would have been good for Brisbane if I got sent off but I don't think it was a send off offence, penalty sufficient."

The controversial call from Bennett added to a forgettable evening for under-pressure referee Steve Clark, who came up with a number of controversial decisions, denying both sides tries in the opening half due to dubious forward passes.

The Bulldogs had every right to be furious after fullback Luke Patten was robbed of what appeared to be a legitimate try in the 17th minute, but Clark ruled captain Andrew Ryan's final pass forward.

Only one minute earlier Brisbane's Steve Michaels appeared to be incorrectly denied, while Broncos winger Darius Boyd was also robbed of a certain try in the second half off a Justin Hodges pass that travelled half-a-metre backwards.

In all there were five forward passes for the evening but the questionable calls had no bearing on the final outcome as the Broncos made a stunning return to form.

Brisbane captain Darren Lockyer offered his view on the forward passes: "They all appeared to be very line ball."

The Broncos opening two tries came from close range with Tonie Carroll and Shaun Berrigan powering across before Brisbane opened the Bulldogs up from long range for their second and third efforts.

Broncos fullback Justin Hodges carved his way through to lay on a 70m movement for Berrigan to bag his second before Brent Tate raced 40m after Sam Thaiday split the Bulldogs in the dying stages.

The Bulldogs opted to rest super substitute Sonny Bill Williams with a jarred knee, only for his replacement Dallas McIlwain to suffer a shoulder injury to go with the corked thigh of Queensland Origin forward Nate Myles.

[/b]

Isn't this great news everyone? :D The Dogs have been smashed and copped injuries to a number of key players! and right in time for the finals! :D :D

Latest posts