• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Official TRF International Shield

I think you guys should know that this allready exists.

It's the exact same concept you're using now, I remember reading about it on Wikipedia once, and it's been going on for quite some time before the actual RWC I believe.

I'll try and find a link somewhere. [/b]
Are you sure you're not thinking of the Ranfurly shield which has slightly different rule, however pretty much the same general concept?

Are you sure you're not thinking of the Ranfurly shield which has slightly different rule, however pretty much the same general concept?
[/b]

The Ranfury shield is the same concept for new zealnand domestic sides, except you need to win on teh holders home ground from what I understand.

What I'm talking about is national teams, I remember reading about it near the end of last year and we were the holders (I think because we had beaten NZ at the end of the Tri nations that year).

I just cannot seem to find any link to it whatsoever now for some reason, I'll keep looking for a bit though.

Superb idea, South Africa will definetely still be holders for 2008 then.. :bleh!:

Well its the first Challenge for South Africa to defend their shield this weekend...

Who Will Win It, Who will walk out in their next game as the TRF International Shield Holders, the Welsh or the Saffies??

Will the Northern Hemisphere get the chance to pass the shield around during the Six Nations or will it be the Summer Internationals, before the next challenge from the Northern Hemisphere... All will be decided this weekend...

And so, the Shield remains on South African soil for the rest of 2007. But Wales gets another 2 cracks at it during next year`s incoming tours program.

...It'll be winter...

:bleh!:

And that invisible shield is gonna stay in deep dark Africa!

*Matt licks his lips in anticpation of the Dragons roasting and gobbling up the little <strike>bambis</strike> Sprinkboks*

:p

When we win and retain the Shield until 2011, we should make an official award ceremony for the Welsh team for completing such a feat. Then they'll go on to win the World Cup, naturally.

*Matt wipes his eyes in anguish and despair in anticipation of the little Dragons' desperate yet futile attempt to defeat the Mighty Springboks at home*

:(
[/b]
Really, RC, I can't keep fixing your posts like this.

So it looks like the Bokke will retain the shield for the rest of the Test matches until the Tri-Nations.

First Tri-Nations Test being in Wellington, SA vs NZ. Could the Shield be thrown around in the SANZAR nations, or will the Boks retain it until the Autumn Test matches?

So it looks like the Bokke will retain the shield for the rest of the Test matches until the Tri-Nations.

First Tri-Nations Test being in Wellington, SA vs NZ. Could the Shield be thrown around in the SANZAR nations, or will the Boks retain it until the Autumn Test matches?
[/b]

The Men in Black will be holders of the shield after they flog the boks in wet and windy Wellington.

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]

The Men in Black will be holders of the shield after they flog the boks in wet and windy Wellington. [/b][/quote]

I think the Springboks from that beautiful African country will default the Welly game and TRF shield after watching the Irish of all people freezing and wishing they were in Dublin in the middle of their own winter :lol:

[/b]
No chance, for the Shield wont even make it to the Tri-Nations as it will be leaving with Wales next week. ;P

<div class='quotemain'>

[/b]
No chance, for the Shield wont even make it to the Tri-Nations as it will be leaving with Wales next week. ;P
[/b][/quote]

that is if wales starting to play like 6 Nations Champs at the moment tey are palying like a provincial club :p

<div class='quotemain'>
Does this mean NZ have the Shield now?
[/b]
Yesss sir
[/b][/quote]
Greeeaaat. Now it's gonna be with them until the '11 World Cup. <_<

Latest posts