• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The official TRF Metal Gear Solid 4 thread

The original is by far and away the best - not a slur on 2 and 3 by any means.The plotline in the first game is just awesome and the characters are SUPERB.

You won't get any arguments from me...
I think MGS4 is as good as 1 though.

Not played it yet, I am getting a PS3 in the next month or so I hope, a 60GB one too (backwards compatible) so I will go back through and play them all through, one by one. I might even be a smartarse and start with MGS3!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 1 2009, 03:31 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Not played it yet, I am getting a PS3 in the next month or so I hope, a 60GB one too (backwards compatible) so I will go back through and play them all through, one by one. I might even be a smartarse and start with MGS3![/b]
I thought you had already played 2 and 3?

I touched some of the old ones a bit and have to say that 4 definitely feels a lot smoother in the way snake moves aorund and interacts etc.  I even like how you can change the speed that the camera switches from third person to first person etc (it does make a difference).

The best thing I like about the game is how on third person view you can see then before they see you lol!  Makes me feel like I am some super instinctive rambo guy hahahaaaaa!

Great if you get a ps3 lol!  Then you can play online against the rest of us "do not pay for online gaming" people hehe....maybe on ps3 home if I see you around I will come and chat you up.  I am that fine looking girl with the blue hair.

I've played 1, 2 and 3 all the way through. I have watched someone playing 4 all the way through (sad I know, but I had to find out what happened) so I am well up to speed on the MGS saga.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 5 2009, 07:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I've played 1, 2 and 3 all the way through. I have watched someone playing 4 all the way through (sad I know, but I had to find out what happened) so I am well up to speed on the MGS saga.[/b]

You watched someone play mgs4 all the way through?????  Lol talk about torturing yourself!

Anyway....the game I really miss is Syphon Filter.  I preferred that ahead of the MGS series back in the old days.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 4 2009, 06:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
[
Anyway....the game I really miss is Syphon Filter.  I preferred that ahead of the MGS series back in the old days.[/b]

The PSP Syphon Filter games 'Dark Mirror' & 'Logans Shadow' are great

I am buying a 60GB PS3 in the next few weeks, the backwards compatable ones. The Syphon Filter series of games are well up on my list of things to get. Driver, too.

i played the demo last night, and i dunno what to think
the look is amazing, i cant see its greatness
i just feel its been dumbed down in terms of action, and its alot slower
i suppose i need to get out of COD mode, but then my rankings in COD suffer

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ak47 @ Jan 14 2009, 06:56 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
i played the demo last night, and i dunno what to think
the look is amazing, i cant see its greatness
i just feel its been dumbed down in terms of action, and its alot slower
i suppose i need to get out of COD mode, but then my rankings in COD suffer[/b]

Yep basically one is a hard out FPS and the other is a stealth 3rd person. If you want to play something combining the two then...Gears of War.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 14 2009, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Yep basically one is a hard out FPS and the other is a stealth 3rd person. If you want to play something combining the two then...Gears of War.[/b]
That's if you like abnormally buff guys throwing cheesy quips around everytime their CHAINSAWZ some Locust in half.
Mind you, I haven't played GeOW2, but I assume it's similar to the first...
And yeh, if your forté is fast FPS games then you probably won't like it. Glad Gay_Guy saw the genius of it at least. ^__^

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Sir. Speedy @ Jan 15 2009, 05:18 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 14 2009, 06:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yep basically one is a hard out FPS and the other is a stealth 3rd person. If you want to play something combining the two then...Gears of War.[/b]
That's if you like abnormally buff guys throwing cheesy quips around everytime their CHAINSAWZ some Locust in half.
Mind you, I haven't played GeOW2, but I assume it's similar to the first...
And yeh, if your forté is fast FPS games then you probably won't like it. Glad Gay_Guy saw the genius of it at least. ^__^

[/b][/quote]

Haha or you could do what I do in MGS4 and stop sneaking around, pull out the gun...and go hard out looking for gun battles......that way you die hundreds of times getting from stage to stage and the life of your MGS4 game extends to 2 years instead of 2 months.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 09:36 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't fancy the first level in MGS4 fighting your way through it.[/b]
Haha you are right...I was 100% hiding under rubble urinating in my pants. I was thinking to myself "Surely this first level can't be this hard....surely they are gonna let me live?" I could not believe how freaked out I was by those huge scary looking bio machines...now that was freaky.

I am looking forward to playing it - get my hands on my PS3 a week on friday. What a shame I won't have vibration features.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am looking forward to playing it - get my hands on my PS3 a week on friday. What a shame I won't have vibration features.[/b]
Lol well in that first scene you will be vibrating naturally. The power of those bio machines make Snake look so....fragile. I kept thinking "FFS give me a break...this is just the opening scene damnit! I've been playing games for decades how dare you make me almost wet my pants...do you know who I am ffs you bloody *******?! I am the great Gay-Guy (copyright) conqueror of games from 3 decades. Show some respect damnit damn you how dare you!!!!!"

Latest posts