• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The official TRF Metal Gear Solid 4 thread

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 09:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am looking forward to playing it - get my hands on my PS3 a week on friday. What a shame I won't have vibration features.[/b]

Bud I played with one of the first PS3 controllers and you will hate it. The dual shock is a very worthwhile investment.

I think you will find the PS3 a little disappointing in the online friends factor as I am sure you have built up a long friends list, however I am sure the games will not dissapoint.

It's going to play second fiddle to the 360. I've only bought one because my PS2 has packed up, and I only bought a 60GB version so I can play PS1 and PS2 games. I am looking forward to getting it though. I think I am going to have to try and get my hands on a vibration controller though as I have become accustomed to pads vibrating and it will be a massive culture shock if they don't.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's going to play second fiddle to the 360. I've only bought one because my PS2 has packed up, and I only bought a 60GB version so I can play PS1 and PS2 games. I am looking forward to getting it though. I think I am going to have to try and get my hands on a vibration controller though as I have become accustomed to pads vibrating and it will be a massive culture shock if they don't.[/b]

Also the weight issue as it is just to light and does not feel right.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
It's going to play second fiddle to the 360. I've only bought one because my PS2 has packed up, and I only bought a 60GB version so I can play PS1 and PS2 games. I am looking forward to getting it though. I think I am going to have to try and get my hands on a vibration controller though as I have become accustomed to pads vibrating and it will be a massive culture shock if they don't.[/b]
Hmmmmm....I could almost put money on it........that at first PS3 will be like a new beautiful woman that has entered your workplace. Eventually she will become a very good friend. Before you know it you will enjoy her company the same way that you enjoy your actual lady (360). After a while as you get to know the PS3 you will compare and see things that the 360 is lacking. Your love for your 360 will start to grow a bit stale as you see her limitations. As your eyes open to the new lady you will see that some of the things you enjoyed with the 360 were out of blind loyalty....the PS3 will become more appealing everyday. You won't even notice it but you will start to spend more time with the new woman. Then one day yo will wake up and realise you are in love with the new lady. It is that day that you will walk in the lounge and see her true beauty...those sleek elegant dark lines will feel so classy as you run your fingertips over her....it is then that you will see how hollow and immature your previous lady is.

bullshit GG
the ps3 is the hot looking lady that cant perform under the sheet - starfish!
the x360, is the wild rocker chick, that has weaknesses, but can rape all night long, and do kinky sh*t u never thought possible - but then u get RROD, which is like that time of the month

Lol @ "starfish"!

RROD is the hot rocker chick overdosing and needing to get shipped off to rehab.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 16 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmmmmm....I could almost put money on it........that at first PS3 will be like a new beautiful woman that has entered your workplace. Eventually she will become a very good friend. Before you know it you will enjoy her company the same way that you enjoy your actual lady (360). After a while as you get to know the PS3 you will compare and see things that the 360 is lacking. Your love for your 360 will start to grow a bit stale as you see her limitations. As your eyes open to the new lady you will see that some of the things you enjoyed with the 360 were out of blind loyalty....the PS3 will become more appealing everyday. You won't even notice it but you will start to spend more time with the new woman. Then one day yo will wake up and realise you are in love with the new lady. It is that day that you will walk in the lounge and see her true beauty...those sleek elegant dark lines will feel so classy as you run your fingertips over her....it is then that you will see how hollow and immature your previous lady is.
[/b][/quote]

Is this not a Barry White song?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 16 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 11:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Sorry for double post computer spazed out.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TheBokke @ Jan 16 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Gay-Guy @ Jan 16 2009, 10:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
[/b][/quote]

Sorry for double post computer spazed out.
[/b][/quote]
Barry White? You have been spending too much time in HOME methinks.

I can't get a brand new 60GB console anymore, so I'll probably cancel my order and leave it for now.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 17 2009, 02:52 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I can't get a brand new 60GB console anymore, so I'll probably cancel my order and leave it for now.[/b]

Thats a shame. Hoping to hook up some killzone or Socom.

I doubt I would have had either of them to be honest. I was only interested really in the backwards compatability.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 17 2009, 05:25 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I doubt I would have had either of them to be honest. I was only interested really in the backwards compatability.[/b]
Awwww...thats a shame. I am gonna go buy a cheap 42 inch plasma today to put in my partners house.....so I can play games when I am over there with my ps3 hehe........

Trying to decide this morning between a cheap Panasonic Viera plasma ($1248 NZ) and a cheap Samsung Series 4 plasma ($1399 NZ). Will look at the picture going through blu ray today.

Anyway back on topic.....I get the feeling MGS4 is going to be overshadowed by KZ2 next month.

I'm torn, I don't know whether to cancel it or not. There's a decent deal at HMV - if I can still get student discount.

Well maybe you should wait and let us play Killzone 2 next month....if we say "Yes is has replaced the COD series" then you should get the PS3. Hopefully the PS3 deals may be cheaper next month......

However if Killzone 2 makes PS3 sales go through the roof then maybe the price will not budge for a while.

Basically just do what you want to do to enjoy 2009. I missed out on so much fun not getting an xbox 360 in 2006-2008. Would have enjoyed playing many 360 ***les back in the days before the PS3 came out. I wanted Gears of War and Oblivion. Nowadays on Ps3 Socom combined with Killzone 2 seems to have negate for me my longing for Gears of War.

I would say that the new Socom, Killzone and Metal Gear Solid are three ***les worth getting a Ps3 for. They all need the info packed blu ray disks to work on. There will be other blu ray needy exclusives in the future that are other game genres that will just add to the neccesity of owning a machine that can handle more info. Killzone 2 is 8.5 gig for example...and that is only the beginning of what programmers will do on the Ps3. So go ahead and buy a Ps3.....your time playing last years game (MGS4) will occupy you over Feb-April that this years first quarters release of Killzone and Socom won't even get a look in.....then by the time you get to them it will take your interest for the rest of the year you won't even see the other Ps3 exclusives.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 17 2009, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I'm torn, I don't know whether to cancel it or not. There's a decent deal at HMV - if I can still get student discount.[/b]

Go for it man you only live once. When we hooked on GTA4 it was fun game and had a laugh, so if you get PS3 you got to try Socom at least. I reckon it will be great fun with a group of mates.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Jan 15 2009, 10:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am looking forward to playing it - get my hands on my PS3 a week on friday. What a shame I won't have vibration features.[/b]
I went out and bought my second controller over the weekend....I didn't even notice that I was buying a dual shock 3...I thought they were all the same. Anyway talk about twice the weight of the normal six axis lol! I am too scared to play COD4 with it....I might just freak when it vibrates as I am getting pummeled with lead lol!

Latest posts