• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

Would've actually been useful if they'd done this with one of the Welsh players, was editing the Welsh squad and realised that there isn't a black skinned player model at all to use for Aled Brew. Had to use Jon Thomas in the end, so looks a bit daft tbf :lol: not the end of the world though

Who do I sue for using my photo without my permission?

:p

That would be me :p

but i did credit you with it tbf so the op has gone on boards.ie seen my post about getting the pic from you through TRF... taken the pic... and gone posting it as news on TRF... fail? lol

Would've actually been useful if they'd done this with one of the Welsh players, was editing the Welsh squad and realised that there isn't a black skinned player model at all to use for Aled Brew. Had to use Jon Thomas in the end, so looks a bit daft tbf :lol: not the end of the world though

why bother putting brew in, he's terrible! ;)

I've played one game online, was winning at half time when my opponent quit. I can see that happening a lot seeing as your not gonna get any bad records for quitting early. Big lag issues aswel, and for some reason my offloads wouldn't register. Maybe it was my connection though.

Played online earlier and won 36 - 5 as Ireland vs Wales, the guy didn't quit (thought he might after I got a try and then another one straight from the kickoff)
Having to sneak games in between writing essays, going to have another one now

I've experienced a fair bit of lag in each of the games I've managed to get connected to... 5 games in total, played 2 (one loss as Italy v England, one win Ire v Eng) and the other 3 my opponent quit very early.

I can't say its been the most enjoyable online experience but am willing to persevere.

I could do with some friends though that will actually play this game... so add me if you want (xbox360: Ezeqiel)

Played a few more games earlier - no lag and no quitters, good experience for me so far

if you have an issue with leaderboards post a thread stating that you are the best player in the world then someone can prove you wrong.

Had much better experience online in the early hours of this morning (12:30 to 2ish) had a couple of good wins as Fra, Aus and SA against NZ.

Also played a few games as a lower nation... picked Samoa and had some good encounters but ultimately lost to NZ (31-17 or so) and Wales (12-0) but the games were good and I did have chances to score. Ruck time was hard, but if timed right and with the right strategy I could win some.

Look forward to some games versus TRF members over the weekend.

Oh, and hard mode is bloody hard (for me at least - I've yet to win a game!)

I enjoyed the two games i played, but it was a bit laggy for me. I got quit on twice against the same player, so it likely it was bad for him. As mentioned, attack is fine, but defence seems to be like half a second behind, and as a result it's hard to defend properly. For example, one of my tries was the opponent passing into their in-goal area, where some kind of knock on happened and i just fell on the ball. I'm sure that was due to lag.

I think regarding leaderboards, we can just have a thread where registered posters/gamers can update their results. They have to post the name of their opponent and the score, and we can make our own leaderboard.

Had about a dozen games yesterday online, I found lag not to be a concerning problem, of all the games I played there was only one game I remember which had any sort of lag at all.

Also not really found quitters to be a problem, people who have played the game against me so far seemed to be happy to continue playing until the end of the game regardless of the score, had some cracking games already!

I am not bothered about having online leaderboards etc but being able to see my own win/loss record would of been nice.

I'm getting turned over a lot, which I did expect, but I won one match!

My mini review

Just got the game this morning.

fired it up and played my first game England V Argentina on hard. Got thrashed 36-0!

On hard this game is definitely harder, and I am a veteran of rugby games.

Played a couple more games and was surprised that I was actually feeling bored. Whats going on I was asking myself? I've been looking forward to this game for four years and I'm bored after a few games.

Well guys, just like many other have indicated, this games IS rugby 2008. It is way way to similar on almost every front - if you've played 08 and got bored of it, you will get bored of this within minutes.

Sorry to say it, but if there are any improvements with this game they are so small they are hardly noticeable.

The animations are the same, the gameplay, everything just is rugby 2008 and it gets tiring very quickly.

However if you've never played Rugby 08 and 06 you'll have a blast with this game because it is fun, and will offer a lot to first timers to the series.

It is smoother, and the graphics are better than previous gamnes, and there are nice little touches such as the chip kick, the pick up and go and the guard defence.

But those well versed in rugby 08, this game is just not worth the money. I would highly recommend waiting for Rugby Challenge as we know at lease this will give us a different,fresh gaming experience.

My message to HB is that if you're going to keep rugby fans playing your games this franchise needs a complete overhaul. The progression between rugby 2005 and rugby 2011 has been baby steps, and not enough to keep people interested.

You need to get back into the motion caption studio and create a whole set of new animations, introduce more depth into the game play, many more features, licences. It really needs a lot of work and requires revolutionary changes rather than evolutionary.

Sorry to sound negative - I really wanted to like this game, but it just does not offer nearly enough, particularly for seasoned veterans such as myself. However I hope those who have the game enjoy it. Each to their own.

Actually no not yet - not much of an online gamer because I like playing tournaments and chosing the teams. But I'll give it a go!

Also got my copy today and still stuck at work so can't wait to home to play it. As you stated it is probably the same as 08 and as you said you will probably get bored very quickly. I got two brothers and we played rugby 08 so much we could probably do it in our sleep (btw i used to own all the rugby union ***les i knew off) but we hardly played against the computer. No matter how small the changes we could and will play it against each out for hours!

Latest posts