• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

Not only is he black, but he's also really bad. I don't know what's more offensive, making a glass-cannon like Ferris awful or making him a different ethnicity. He was a kiwi in rugby 08.

Words fail me.

Also, while we're at it, the sound bytes for Paddy Wallace and David Wallace are mixed up. Paddy is the outhalf, David is the flanker. You guys really don't like Ulstermen do you?:D

Last edited:
How have they made this game so bad.

I personally would have accepted a updated 08 with online leaderboards etc. But imo the game has gone backwards, its so slow and unresponsive compared to 08. The rucking system is a button bashing, you can still kick the ball the length of the field with players like steyn and wilkinson and the fullback is rendered useless, the graphics are no better possibly worse (at least in 08 some players looked similar), Online is pointless its not ranked and you can quit with no consequence.

Playing offline is painfully tedious and repetitive, online is worse its so slow passed and inaacurate, games just become the same over and over; kick off- one phase- in the pocket- kick over the head of the full back to the 5 m line. Of my games online 75% of my opponents just did this FUN!

Atfer this i would accept them re- release 08 with online.

Seriously, there are A LOT of threads where you can post your opinions on the game, every opinion does not require a new thread....

its pointless anyway opponent just use the ridiculous kicking distance and poor fullback positioning to constantly pin you around the 5m line.

I had a decent game against a Frenchie, only for him to quit after Leigh Halfpenny scored a decisive try in the last minute! Not doing much for the national stereotype, are we, Mr. Run Away?

I suggest we make a list of TRF member who are trusted to play online and not quit.

I had a decent game against a Frenchie, only for him to quit after Leigh Halfpenny scored a decisive try in the last minute! Not doing much for the national stereotype, are we, Mr. Run Away?

had this exact same problem, Halfpenny crossed the line in the 63rd to take the lead, they raged and got a red card and then quit...... he was also a Frenchie

I suggest we make a list of TRF member who are trusted to play online and not quit.

Only problem is I'm sure there's a fair few (like myself) who currently have awful connections - my Live has been playing up all day, struggling to sign in and stay connected.

My internet doesn't seem to like hosting games

Tried to host one vs Duckdee and it lose connection just before kickoff - exactly the same happened hosting vs Getofmeland
Weirdly, though, playing is fine - no lag whatsoever, it's just the hosting that makes it poo itself

My internet doesn't seem to like hosting games

Tried to host one vs Duckdee and it lose connection just before kickoff - exactly the same happened hosting vs Getofmeland
Weirdly, though, playing is fine - no lag whatsoever, it's just the hosting that makes it poo itself

Your router could be blocking them out? Sounds strange though.

just because someone plays as france dosent mean they are french (granted if ytheir usrname is pierre they maybe). Im playing with fiji but im not fijian musst be very borng only playing as wales

Sergio Parisse injustice!

Im sure im not alone in thinking that Parisse is one of the best players in the world let alone best eights. Its really not accurate to rate him at 75 honestly nick easter is 86 and parisse is twice the player. who decided this bs?

the same people who rated Nonu about 76 for Rugby 08 and made Charlie Hodgson 91. They live in a small town in Canada, you can't expect them to know anything about rugby...

oh wait, they make rugby games...

Latest posts