• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Online Thread

the same people who rated Nonu about 76 for Rugby 08 and made Charlie Hodgson 91. They live in a small town in Canada, you can't expect them to know anything about rugby...

oh wait, they make rugby games...

I live in a small town in Canada, and so do many of the other Canadian posters, many of whom are well informed, whether its a couple of specific teams or issues or just general rugby. As well many of the HB people are not originally from Canada, but have moved there to be a part of the team.

Had a number of further quitters today none of which were too early in terms of score, typically only happens when I go about 20pts up, some stick around for longer but still go and chuck it in near the end... its frustrating but as there is no bonus from them staying connected I don't get too aggravated, just line up the next opponent.

Had a couple of close ones including a match of Fra vs Eng with me as France where I was 21 pts down at one stage but pulled back to 28pts each eventually with 6mins remaining... I ended up with a 50m penalty, close to straight on with a 5mph right wind, to steal the game on 80mins and I go and miss it... choke!

I like to think I don't play a "cheesey" style but mix it around in the forwards, SH sniping, blindside runs aswell as set plays for the backs but ultimately I need to get a game against a TRF'er to know if my play style is actually good or bad.

The online seems really laggy for me and I'm playing on a 50mb connection, the second someone scores the game just disconnects.

Yes. I've now corrected it.

(Going to bed, this isn't fully processed yet.)
<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z0OVMwpbmIc?hl=en&fs=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Ah that's a great idea :p am stealing it!
Awesome game there anyway, though what happened with that punt at the end? Did it just do it by itself?

Global TRF Rankings

THE ONLINE THREAD:

Got a question about online gameplay? Got a suggestion? Got a moan? Post them in here please.

Thank You.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had the thought that we should run and document a TRF rankings leaderboard type thing.

The idea basically is that if you are registered to TRF, if you play against other TRF'ers, then the score can be documented and we can make a global TRF leaderboard.

So, perhaps list your gamertag here, and if you end up playing someone who's name is on the list, then the score can be verified and added to the league table.

It this a good idea? We need a mod to run the thread though. We could just PM the mod and results can be correlated once a week/fortnight?

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome game there anyway, though what happened with that punt at the end? Did it just do it by itself?
I'm not sure.. I have a bad habit of flicking my fingers on my switches during breaks in play, so that might have combined with the input delay to cause that.

Got a question about online gameplay? Got a suggestion? Got a moan? Post them in here please.

Thank You.

I'm not sure if anyone else is having this problem but after the 1st try is scored and the game is about to restart the match always disconnects.

ye same disconnects every game spend like a week sorting my team out loads kick off and disconnects every time so i go and play fifa no probs at all

online play sucks balls big time all this time for this **** i hope lomu,s new game will make it look like the crap it is :)

aye sounds like a plan pal. im sick of getting towards the closing stages of a game, and then having some douchebag quit on me. would love to play people who are happy to take their result. win or lose.

I've played and managed to finish whole matches without disconnecting. However, whenever I try to invite a friend, it says match no longer available. Please could someone fix this. Have any of you been able to invite friends to a match? Playstation network.

I am loving the game offline but this seriously bad online. The lag makes matches unplayable, i mean every single second there is a delay and i ended up conceding a try today as a result of my players not moving due to it. Also when kicking to touch online i seem to have no control over the kicking arrow whatsoever and end up pressing x when it looks like it might go out into touch. I am not sure if it can be corrected but this needs to be sorted out HB, it is making online matches unplayable for me!!

Dont think its anyone's broadband connection, mine hardly ever kicks me, started 10 matches and only finished one match, this is definitely a glitch with the servers as every match i started had a green connection level, no lag at all, kicked off and then kaputt it goes, p.s anyone fancy a custom match (i hate the 5 minute matches as its not enough team to have a decent match) then add El_Lloydos, crap name i know but was drunk and back from Cancun at the time

Let's have a simple tournament. Like the tri nations. 3 people, small tournament. As soon as hb sorts out the online play.

Sample of some online play from me:

[video=youtube_share;S8fT36Hcw-E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8fT36Hcw-E[/video]
http://youtu.be/S8fT36Hcw-E
720p captured via Roxio Game Capture unit

All in all, really enjoying online games so far, bar a little delay in button presses being detected (making quick steals via X impossible for me) I think I could enjoy this for a lot longer then initially (fearful) thought.

Even people quitting is not that big a deal so far as I am not losing out on anything, bar the completion of a match, when they do quit.

ermmmm... embedded video not displaying for some reason??? I've added a link aswell

Last edited:
nop big fail by hb it sucks ...........took my copy back got my money back spend it on lomu hes a legend and im still playing it on ps1 lmao we love it and we new HBs rwc2011 would be **** but had to try it and we were right its **** on every level

20 GAMES Finished none what a joke so back to hours of flawless fifa no discon no lag and no crashes :) bring on the lomu

Latest posts